Author Topic: Bayonetta 2 Discussion Mega Thread  (Read 281308 times)

Offline Mariano

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Segarion
    • Funnoticias
Re: Bayonetta 2 Discussion Mega Thread
« Reply #180 on: August 09, 2014, 04:24:08 pm »
I don't know what you're talking about..you have to remind me.

I think he is asking you why should Gearbox be blame about Colonial marines and what is your opinion about the company itself considering all their titles like the well know Boderlands.

I'm a Sega fan, but even i critcize them when need be, it keeps companies humble.

Its simple, if you are respectful and objective you can criticize all you want. It helps both parts to grow.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #181 on: August 10, 2014, 06:21:28 am »

I think he is asking you why should Gearbox be blame about Colonial marines and what is your opinion about the company itself considering all their titles like the well know Boderlands.

Its simple, if you are respectful and objective you can criticize all you want. It helps both parts to grow.

My opinion is short and sweet. Con men.

And why, There's an ammount of trust when you are given money to create a game for another company. And its obvious Sega expected one thing and GBX had different intensions. There was problems with ACM from the start, the way Sega got the ALIENS license in the first place, The fact that the star of Aliens didn't want to be involved in the game after meeting with GBX(and that should have rang alarm bells because what she said publicly afterwards) The game taking way too long and then the fact that GBX outsourced it to a smaller team and only did the minimal work themselves. That's like me buying a platinum game and finding out later PG had nothing to do with it. Also the fact that two other games from GBX suddenly got finished in time which many (and reported at the time via speculation)suspect was the money that was meant for ACM. So Sega paid for two games that wasn't even theirs. So to blame Sega for the whole thing when this was a bizarre and unique situation is beyond silly. Its clear that GBX was out to fleece Sega from the very start. I remember all those game informer exclusive features from Sega west. Two of those games CONDEMNED and ALPHA PROTOCOL not only got made in time but actually did what they promised. ACM didn't. Not even the supposed graphics looked like anything from that feature or tech demo.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #182 on: August 11, 2014, 09:57:16 am »
Can you really put all of the blame on Gearbox? I feel like everyone's at fault here, not one specific company. From the sounds of it, Sega needs better management, if Gearbox supposedly got away with taking money from Sega for development of other games, than the management at Sega aren't doing their jobs right.

Also, wasn't Alpha Protocol ass?
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline jonboy101

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #183 on: August 11, 2014, 10:08:36 am »
Can you really put all of the blame on Gearbox? I feel like everyone's at fault here, not one specific company. From the sounds of it, Sega needs better management, if Gearbox supposedly got away with taking money from Sega for development of other games, than the management at Sega aren't doing their jobs right.

1 You're blaming the victim.
2  No, it wasn't ass. It was just mediocre.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #184 on: August 11, 2014, 10:38:08 am »

It was a rough diamond. I feel it's the kind of game that just oozes goodness, but it's rough around the edges.

The combat was really fun, the dialogue and open-ended nature of the game are better than ANYTHING I've ever seen in my life. It comes off as a bit 'cheap' in some regards, or silly, but overall I rate it pretty highly.

You should really play it if you haven't already.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #185 on: August 11, 2014, 10:49:30 am »
I picked Alpha Protocol up recently, and yeah, it isn't perfect but it has a lot of good ideas and can be a fun game. Not AAA quality, but I think gamers forget nowadays about the games that are neither great nor shit.

It sort of reminded me of HeadHunter, in that it was not polished, but it still had great ideas and was fun.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #186 on: August 11, 2014, 11:22:15 am »
I picked Alpha Protocol up recently, and yeah, it isn't perfect but it has a lot of good ideas and can be a fun game. Not AAA quality, but I think gamers forget nowadays about the games that are neither great nor shit.

It sort of reminded me of HeadHunter, in that it was not polished, but it still had great ideas and was fun.

It's hard for me to describe the game, since it can feel 'sloppy' but at the same time, it has much better content and gameplay than many 'AAA' games, which seems to be an indication of marketing money and exposure more than anything.

I guess it feels like an example of a game where more effort was put into the background than the finishing touches. It wasn't without it's weaknesses because of that, the bossfights were poor since they railroaded you into gameplay styles, and the character creation and levelling could leave you painted into a corner if you made 'bad' options. Unlike something like Fallout where you've got more opportunities to use every skill.

Also, this topic seems like the most wayward discussion. Bayonetta to Aliens: Colon Marines to Alpha Protocol.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #187 on: August 11, 2014, 12:36:36 pm »
1 You're blaming the victim.
2  No, it wasn't ass. It was just mediocre.

I'm not blaming the victim, i'm trying to be a bit more objective about their situation. I'm just saying that Sega needs to be more careful about who or whom they work with in the future in terms of development.

Second, haven't played Alpha Protocol, but from what everyone is saying, it was pretty good. You've now all convinced me to buy it, so there.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
« Reply #188 on: August 11, 2014, 12:48:42 pm »
They are more careful now...and also I didn't see Gearbox working for another company besides Take-Two.

I have interest in how much Bayo 2 is going to sale in the first 3 months after release. The pre-orders in USA have raised to 39k last week. I think we can talk about that and also is a good idea to return about the reason of the topic :)

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #189 on: August 11, 2014, 01:09:21 pm »
They are more careful now...and also I didn't see Gearbox working for another company besides Take-Two.

I have interest in how much Bayo 2 is going to sale in the first 3 months after release. The pre-orders in USA have raised to 39k last week. I think we can talk about that and also is a good idea to return about the reason of the topic :)

Is that good for pre-orders? I guess its' good in that there isn't even any bonus for pre-ordering that I'm aware of.

I do hope they have some kind of Bundle or something at least, I would totally pre-order an LE for Bayonetta 2.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #190 on: August 11, 2014, 02:05:11 pm »

That's why Hayes and co got the sack.Besides it was a unique situation. GBX had a good rep before all this happened so it wasn't like anyone thought that they would end up being taken for a ride.

AP just didn't get enough time to finish, that was ultimately the problem. I think Obsidian unfortunately got a rough deal from what happened which wasn't their fault. Good ideas but company impatience. Pretty like what happened with the IRON MAN game with Secret Level.

The pre-orders in USA have raised to 39k last week.

Well considering Nintendo is promoting the game its not like the nintendo faithful who want some games other than Mario will buy it. But the question is...
Will it extend beyond a nintendo hardcore audience, will the game sell to an average Nintendo gamer?
Will people want to buy  a Wii U to get this game because they played it on the other system?

Offline Ben

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #191 on: August 11, 2014, 09:35:21 pm »
Ohh you have amazon now really scientific..gimme a break.Stop wasting my time, kid.

What site would you rather me name?

Walk into any store near you then and tell me what they're selling Colonial Marines for.

Because they are supposed to hit a certain sales target or they lose the license. They are suppose to release a certain number of games based on the contract they signed within a point in time or they lose the license. If ACM didn't hit Fox's expectations they would have used that and Sega would have had to can the game.

That's ridiculous, Fox doesn't care how CM sells, they've already gotten paid when they lent out the license to Sega. And no, Fox can't just revoke the license; Sega would never sign a contract like that. Sounds completely made up.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 09:39:03 pm by Ben »

Offline ROJM

« Reply #192 on: August 12, 2014, 05:06:31 am »

What site would you rather me name?

Moot at this point. It doesn't change the fact that the games sold solid months after its release. Showing websites a year after the fact doesn't prove a thing, the sales does. ACM didn't cost more than BAYONETTA to make. SOJ doesn't give out that type of money to their subsidaries to make games. Thay always save that type of money for their own big AAA productions and even that is conservativly low compared to everyone one else that competes with Sega, So to say the game flopped is utter nonsense.
Walk into any store near you then and tell me what they're selling Colonial
Marines for.

Yeah a year after its release. Stop coming up with silly nonsense.  ::)

That's ridiculous, Fox doesn't care how CM sells, they've already
gotten paid when they lent out the license to Sega. And no, Fox can't just
revoke the license; Sega would never sign a contract like that. Sounds
completely made up.

Keep thinking like that, any studio or company licensing their material gets a cut out of the sales in modern game sales. They still get FINAL approval of the material as well. Especially with the clauses in the contracts. So Fox let alone any licensee not caring how it sells is nonsense to begin with. Give it up you clearly don't have a clue on what you are arguing about.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 05:09:22 am by ROJM »

Offline Ben

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #193 on: August 12, 2014, 01:23:14 pm »
Successful games aren't $11.99 a year after their release. They're $30 or $40.

ACM didn't cost more than BAYONETTA to make.

Wrong again, the verified Reddit posts from the person inside Sega claimed $40-$60 million spent on A:CM from Sega.

any studio or company licensing their material gets a cut out of the sales in modern game sales. They still get FINAL approval of the material as well. Especially with the clauses in the contracts. So Fox let alone any licensee not caring how it sells is nonsense to begin with. Give it up you clearly don't have a clue on what you are arguing about.

Please provide me an example where a film studio ever pulled their license from a long-term license agreement for a video game.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #194 on: August 12, 2014, 03:09:19 pm »

Successful games aren't $11.99 a year after their release. They're $30 or $40.
Again using a stupid internet example on a game that once was released people starting to complain about doesn't prove anything. The game sold enough for three months in both markets before it went down in price. Using a year after all that happened DOESN'T prove you are correct. The game made its money back. Deal with it.

Wrong again, the verified Reddit posts from the person inside Sega claimed $40-$60 million spent on A:CM from Sega.

Really so what is it. 40 million? Or 60 million? If anything its under 30 million. You really can't have both. So i'm not wrong again since you've haven't proven me wrong on anything. Sega japan doesn't spend MORE than their titles. Very much doubt that they spent more than 20 to 15 million on this title which itself is a stretch. Again you have not able to prove that the game flopped either. Just relying on hearsay than actual facts.

Please provide me an example where a film studio ever pulled their license from a long-term license agreement for a video game.

Please provide me with EVIDENCE apart from loose  internet links that they wouldn't. Like i said i've been more consistent on this debate than you have. You already had ONE member elude to the fact that Fox wanted the game out so that indicates that fox not only knew of the situation but had particular say in the matter If you really are going into dumb fanboy things and think hat NO license holder doesn't maintain control over their final product than you are more stupid than i thought.
Again Sega got into trouble with DISNEY over the way FANTASIA came out as well as the fact that the game wasn't meant to be licensed in the first place. Which then Sega had to pull back all the games they had shipped.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 03:12:08 pm by ROJM »