Author Topic: Bayonetta 2 Discussion Mega Thread  (Read 281352 times)

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
Re: Bayonetta 2 Discussion Mega Thread
« Reply #435 on: October 14, 2014, 08:20:17 am »
Feels more like Nintendo bought it back to life just to really, really kill it dead. Okay so Sega didn't want to publish it, fine. But I wish literally ANY other publisher had got their hands on it above Nintendo so there was a CHANCE it wouldn't bomb miserably on the Wii U... And even a Chance we could have got it on multiple platforms including PC... Would have been so great!
Well since Sega put 50% of development money into the title..there's a slim chance that they might end up putting the game on other systems at one point...without the Nintendo elements in it. The first title made over a million after all so i don't think we have seen the last of BAYONETTA where Sega is concerned. I just think it depends on certain management people...
Anyway it proves that people in japan won't buy any system to buy any hot game. If BAYONETTA 2 had been released by Sega on other systems..i would have no doubt that it would have cemented its value as a franchise and like what happened with YAKUZA could have gone from a multi selling franchise of games. YAKUZA took 4 games into the series before it became a title that could help shift systems alone. Also YAKUZA struck while the iron was still hot by releasing a sequel a year after the first game. BAYONETTA 2 took too long to come out. Anyway it depends what happens in the west.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #436 on: October 14, 2014, 08:23:23 am »
For the info that george gave it maybe bayonetta 2 is the last time SEGA and PG work together...Oh well...it was nice and very worth it, for the gamers at least.
To be honest i dont think is the "end" of Bayonetta as many people think. I really doubt that the game will end up being profitable but Porbably Nintendo know that at the beginning, loss some money today to earn some more money in the future.
If at least the game sell "acceptable" then maybe we can hope for another sequel or another thing. have faith.
To be honest...that stuff isn't concrete. There's some beef with PG and Sega but its not necessarly to do with mis mangement of Sega's funds. If it was then Sega would never have bothered to support the sequel which that guy concedes that they did. Sega has sat on ips from second party developers for years without even getting an other version of the title made. Sega could have easily done it with this title but they didn't. No doubtt he full story will come out soon enough.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #437 on: October 14, 2014, 08:50:59 am »
I think he was more talking about how Bayonetta is "vastly overrated". Which it isn't, it's an amazing game by an amazing developer.

To me the game and the developer are. I liked Bayonetta a lot but it's not nearly as good as some make out imo and nothing compared to Ninja Gaiden on the XBox for starters

OMG!! Lol, No no no, just no.

Yes really for me  . Ninja Gaiden II is the best action game I've ever played, its just a shame that the game takes until Chapter 7 to really get going and then when it does , it turns in to best action game around . Ninja Gaiden combat system and controls are the best there is , the AI and enemy fights are much better than in any other of this type and I just love the dismemberment system of Ninja Gadien II

So is this the end of Bayonetta then?

I think the developers will give it one more go and I'll bet we'll see the game on the XBox One and PS4 sometime next year . I doubt SEGA will go near Platinium ever again . That deal did nothing for SEGA at all really and most of their games for SEGA were sales disasters and to add insult SEGA got all the flak for the sub bar PS3 version of Bay 

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #438 on: October 14, 2014, 08:53:27 am »
Yes really for me  . Ninja Gaiden II is the best action game I've ever played, its just a shame that the game takes until Chapter 7 to really get going and then when it does , it turns in to best action game around . Ninja Gaiden combat system and controls are the best there is , the AI and enemy fights are much better than in any other of this type and I just love the dismemberment system of Ninja Gadien II
I loved Ninja Gaiden on Xbox, but preferred Bayonetta.

I haven't played NG2 yet. Is NG3 meant to be any good? I know NG3:Razor is on Wii-u but I've heard nothing but bad things. Shame since NG1 was a phenomenal game.

Did it ever get a PC release?

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #439 on: October 14, 2014, 09:02:44 am »
Only NG game on the PC as of current(excluding retro releases) is NG:Z.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #440 on: October 14, 2014, 09:28:22 am »
Only NG game on the PC as of current(excluding retro releases) is NG:Z.

Ew :(

Offline ROJM

« Reply #441 on: October 14, 2014, 09:49:39 am »
If BAYONETTA and the other PG games were truly sale disasters..then Sega wouldn't have bothered with ANARCHY REIGNS or fund initially BAYONETTA 2. Like i said before and continue to say..it was more to do with contract negotiations that was the reason for them leaving Sega not anything else. Any beef between Sega/PG was from some of the developmental issues of certain titles and on PG's view how AR was handled by the Sega PR department. But that's the usual thing with a publisher and their contract studio in a second party contract. Its nothing that can't be really sorted out and forgiven in the industry because if it weren't the majority of small studios wouldn't work with big game publishers ever again.

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #442 on: October 14, 2014, 11:46:17 am »
If BAYONETTA and the other PG games were truly sale disasters..then Sega wouldn't have bothered with ANARCHY REIGNS or fund initially BAYONETTA 2. Like i said before and continue to say..it was more to do with contract negotiations that was the reason for them leaving Sega not anything else. Any beef between Sega/PG was from some of the developmental issues of certain titles and on PG's view how AR was handled by the Sega PR department. But that's the usual thing with a publisher and their contract studio in a second party contract. Its nothing that can't be really sorted out and forgiven in the industry because if it weren't the majority of small studios wouldn't work with big game publishers ever again.
Speculation sure is fun. While that is a possibility, that's not necessarily what happened. We probably won't know what really happened for quite some time.

Offline TimmiT

• Sonic Retro
« Reply #443 on: October 14, 2014, 11:52:32 am »
Seriously, Bayonetta 2 is probably one of the best games of the year and instead of talking about how good it is you're all just talking about how the franchise is gonna be dead because of its Wii U exclusivity. So here's a topic without all of that shit.

So far reviews have been overwhelmingly positive, with perfect scores from Destructoid, Giant Bomb, Gamespot, Edge, Joystiq and The Guardian. Most other reviews give it at least a 9. There's also a demo on the eShop, which is just the prologue but will still give you a good idea of how amazingly over the top and fun the game is.

And again: no talk about how there won't be any sequels and how the sales are bad and stuff.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #444 on: October 14, 2014, 12:08:57 pm »
I was waiting for the actual release to do this, since I can't play the game yet, but OKAY!

I'm eagerly awaiting my Wii-U so I can download the demo and play it until October 24th.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #445 on: October 14, 2014, 12:12:56 pm »
Speculation sure is fun. While that is a possibility, that's not necessarily what happened. We probably won't know what really happened for quite some time.

Spoiler:

Joe is actually the president of Sega WEST.

End Spoiler.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #446 on: October 14, 2014, 12:21:20 pm »

It aint speculation. Sega had beef with PG over their development style..in regards to time and too much data. PG had beef with Sega over ANARCHY REIGNS. The latter was reported widely on the net so its hardly a state secret. ANARCHY REIGNS came way after the deal with Sega expired..meaning Sega didn't have a problem in continuing their relationship with PG...PG also said at that time they were still negoiating with Sega over a new contract..again hardly a state secret. Sega then funds Bay 2..and drops it in mid development among other titles. Now if you take out what ultimatly happened with Bay 2..That's hardly the behaviour of a company that didn't want anything to do with PG if ALL their games for them flopped. And since some of this was even reported here..i can't see how anyone can now summise its just speculation....Geez...

Offline ROJM

« Reply #447 on: October 14, 2014, 12:23:14 pm »
What about Ninja Gaiden 2 being better than BAYONETTA 1 and 2 and how its overated? Can a certain someone troll that here? LOL...

Offline ROJM

« Reply #448 on: October 14, 2014, 12:24:31 pm »
I'd like to know what people who have played it thought of the storyline compared to the first one...

Offline TimmiT

• Sonic Retro
« Reply #449 on: October 14, 2014, 12:25:17 pm »
Well yeah, that PG wasn't happy with how SEGA did the US/EU release of Anarchy Reigns isn't a secret nor that their contract expired. I don't know about SEGA having problems with PG though.  The rest of what you're saying is mostly speculation and shouldn't be taken as fact.