Author Topic: Bayonetta 2 Discussion Mega Thread  (Read 281259 times)

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
Re: Bayonetta 2 Discussion Mega Thread
« Reply #450 on: October 14, 2014, 12:43:27 pm »
Well yeah, that PG wasn't happy with how SEGA did the US/EU release of Anarchy Reigns isn't a secret nor that their contract expired. I don't know about SEGA having problems with PG though.  The rest of what you're saying is mostly speculation and shouldn't be taken as fact.

It isn't speculation since you can find the various reports of what i've said around the net on game news sites. Logic is another factor.
But again you are saying this..
" Ohh i'm a big million dollar company...my contract with the hottest game studio at the time has expired because it was only for four games....None of those games hit our expectations....IKNOW! let's give them more money to make another game....Then we shall give them someMORE money to make a sequel to another title that was part of the four title deal that didn't make any money!"

Geez...

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #451 on: October 14, 2014, 02:06:13 pm »
I'd like to know what people who have played it thought of the storyline compared to the first one...
According to reviews it's about the story is about as good as in the first game. So I wouldn't expect much from it aside from ridiculousness.

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #452 on: October 14, 2014, 02:07:55 pm »
Bayonetta actually had pretty decent sales, 1.35 million sold worldwide by the end of March 31st, 2010.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #453 on: October 14, 2014, 04:32:15 pm »
Yeah I think we need to stop talking about the wii u sales and game performance as well. Lets enjoy its existence imo. And now especially with its great reviews maybe those silly nintendo gamers who only play nintendo games may actually decide to enjoy it as well
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 05:42:19 pm by CrazyT »

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #454 on: October 14, 2014, 11:09:28 pm »
I was thinking just now. What are the chances bayonetta 2 is scoring so high because of nintendo's support? For one the game has been really long in development. Seems like there was no deadline whatsoever and hence no pressure. Also nintendo likes to put some of their own staff on 2nd party projects. I mean honestly if this would be the case I think its great that they published it

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #455 on: October 15, 2014, 01:06:45 am »
I was thinking just now. What are the chances bayonetta 2 is scoring so high because of nintendo's support? For one the game has been really long in development. Seems like there was no deadline whatsoever and hence no pressure. Also nintendo likes to put some of their own staff on 2nd party projects. I mean honestly if this would be the case I think its great that they published it

I would disagree with you, only because Bayonetta 1 deserves just as high scoring.

Offline TruthEnigma

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #456 on: October 15, 2014, 03:04:35 am »
I've had this ordered for weeks. I cannot wait for it to arrive. The first one was a revelation and this one looks just as good. The fact that it comes with the first one too makes it astounding value.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #457 on: October 15, 2014, 03:31:29 am »
Bayonetta actually had pretty decent sales, 1.35 million sold worldwide by the end of March 31st, 2010.

I know that..i originally put that number up in this forum.
But INFINITE SPACE did well as well..it was only MW that didn't sell a lot of units.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #458 on: October 15, 2014, 03:32:47 am »
According to reviews it's about the story is about as good as in the first game. So I wouldn't expect much from it aside from ridiculousness.
I've played the game..but i was just asking what people thought of the storyline..if anyone else has got a copy of it yet...

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #459 on: October 15, 2014, 05:23:59 am »
I would disagree with you, only because Bayonetta 1 deserves just as high scoring.
I agree. And no doubt the team that already made an excellent first game would have made a great sequel under SEGA as well. But from statements and videos here and there about the relationships I got the impression platinum was incredibly positive on nintendo as a publisher. I dont know what it is, but for a company to have invest so much into a game in which they possibly lose more than gain seems like priorities are right for people who just wanna make a great game. IE maybe got bayo2 to reach its full potential.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 05:26:26 am by CrazyT »

Offline ROJM

« Reply #460 on: October 15, 2014, 05:32:38 am »
I agree. And no doubt the team that already made an excellent first game would have made a great sequel under SEGA as well. But from statements and videos here and there about the relationships I got the impression platinum was incredibly positive on nintendo as a publisher. I dont know what it is, but for a company to have invest so much into a game in which they possibly lose more than gain seems like priorities are right for people who just wanna make a great game. IE maybe got bayo2 to reach its full potential.

Gimme a break..its not like Sega didn't put any money into this game..the basis of the game was built using Sega's money..all Nintendo did was use their funds to finish the title and market it. So the game was always going to turn out good under Sega..it already was since they built the game with Sega money. This nintendo love that you get in a forum full of sega fans can be sometimes silly.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #461 on: October 15, 2014, 05:59:18 am »
I dont make a secret of my appreciation for nintendo as a gamedevelooer. But what im saying is unrelated to that. Its true that a good working environment and great lead can have great influence on products. Platinum with them making what they want and what the mainstream would call niche strikes me as a dev team that isnt very business centric. I mean the game WAS turned down by a lot of publishers. All those publishers who turned down the game most likely did it because the statistics were there. And to think all publishers they went to turned down the game just shows the mentality of these companies nowadays.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #462 on: October 15, 2014, 07:35:17 am »

Nintendo didn't actually think they would lose as much money as they did with Platinum Games.  They are a highly conservative business outfit and I doubt they would work with Platinum again anytime soon unless it's a sure fire hit.

And furthermore there is nothing wrong with the mentality of all the other publishers. Fact is it is a SEGA IP, if Bayonetta 2 was successful under EA's banner it wouldn't help them in the long run, it'd only benefit SEGA. Nintendo or the other two console makers had more incentive to make the sequel because in the end an exclusive is an exclusive and every Co sole sales help.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #463 on: October 15, 2014, 07:39:27 am »
I dont make a secret of my appreciation for nintendo as a gamedevelooer. But what im saying is unrelated to that. Its true that a good working environment and great lead can have great influence on products. Platinum with them making what they want and what the mainstream would call niche strikes me as a dev team that isnt very business centric. I mean the game WAS turned down by a lot of publishers. All those publishers who turned down the game most likely did it because the statistics were there. And to think all publishers they went to turned down the game just shows the mentality of these companies nowadays.

Like i said that's another story and its quite different to the story putting out by PG and Nintendo PR.
PG has always worked in their own offices..its hardly like Sega or Nintendo was breathing down their neck..so their work enviroment would really be unchanged...its only when they have to show the game to their publisher's representives is when things happen..
As for Nintendo..yes they are good..but sometimes people show too much love to nintendo to the point they think Sega is like them in every sense of the word but in a more extreme context. They aren't and never will be.
As for BAYONETTA..well going to Nintendo hasn't helped has it...But good on them for trying.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #464 on: October 15, 2014, 07:41:03 am »
Nintendo didn't actually think they would lose as much money as they did with Platinum Games.  They are a highly conservative business outfit and I doubt they would work with Platinum again anytime soon unless it's a sure fire hit.

And furthermore there is nothing wrong with the mentality of all the other publishers. Fact is it is a SEGA IP, if Bayonetta 2 was successful under EA's banner it wouldn't help them in the long run, it'd only benefit SEGA. Nintendo or the other two console makers had more incentive to make the sequel because in the end an exclusive is an exclusive and every Co sole sales help.
And it backfired on them. It didn't pull in new customers to the Wii U. As i said ages before, BAYONETTA is unproven as a system seller and it shows..but its not like Nintendo packaged the game with the system.