Author Topic: Valkyria Chronicles news thread  (Read 6072 times)

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
Valkyria Chronicles news thread
« on: September 07, 2012, 09:39:12 am »
It's been a long wait, but here's a little bit of positive news on the Valkyria Chronicles front.

Udon just announced that they're localizing the Valkyria Crhonicles 3 art book.  Not quite as good as the third game getting translated, but it's a start.  I guess the sales for the second book were good enough that they'll be releasing the most recent volume this December.
I've already pre-ordered it :D.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2012-09-05/udon-ent-to-release-valkyria-chronicles-3-artbook#gallery_top

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
Re: Valkyria 3 artbook coming in English
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 11:29:12 am »
haha, you got my hopes up by bumping the other topic, went ahead and made your post into it's own topic so you don't get anyone elses hopes up!

Artbook looks great :D

Offline SOUP

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 01:07:24 pm »
The other books they've put out are really well done. Tons of developer interviews, and a detailed breakdown of pretty much every element of the game.
All the side characters, every weapon, every vehicle... it's wild.

It's 40% off on Amazon right now too, so the price is very reasonable.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 01:20:19 pm »
Still waiting for that Udon Bayonetta book.

The Sonic one is still set for October :D

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 02:22:54 pm »
It's bizarre that this publisher recognizes the market for this book, yet Sega apparently doesn't see a market for the game in the West.  I can't believe that it's a small task to translate this book, although admittedly there's probably a fair amount more to translate in the game.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 03:24:32 pm »
Hopefully SEGA picks up on the fact that there's a market for it too.

Definitely not a small task to translate these books. Although the majority of the pages are taken up by illustrations, there is a huge amount of text.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2012, 08:16:17 am »
I think this bit of news deserves a spot on the main page.
Anything we can do as a SEGA community to draw attention to a great game that needs to be localized in English.
A digital release for PSP/Vita would be perfect. It's already on the Japanese PSN store.

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2012, 05:54:05 am »
I've already pre-ordered this as it may help me know what the hell is going on in the game!

Navigating the menus is really easy, it's just the story that I don't understand at all.  :'(
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline segaismysavior

• Total Meseta: 3
  • Martini in one hand, switchblade in the other
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2012, 02:48:19 pm »
Great news, though I still have to purchase the first 2 books.  :-[

Offline SOUP

Valkyria Chronicles news thread
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2012, 12:47:44 pm »
Not as concrete news as the art book, but possibly better.

Play Asia has just put up an English version of Valkyria Chronicles 3 on their website.
The status is "Announced" and says that they'll be accepting pre-orders soon.

http://www.play-asia.com/Valkyria_Chronicles_III_Unrecorded_Chronicles/paOS-13-71-b9-49-en-70-421d.html

It might turn out to be nothing, but it's a definite glimmer of hope :D.

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
Re: Valkyria Chronicles news thread
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2012, 05:43:36 pm »
Not as concrete news as the art book, but possibly better.

Play Asia has just put up an English version of Valkyria Chronicles 3 on their website.
The status is "Announced" and says that they'll be accepting pre-orders soon.

http://www.play-asia.com/Valkyria_Chronicles_III_Unrecorded_Chronicles/paOS-13-71-b9-49-en-70-421d.html

It might turn out to be nothing, but it's a definite glimmer of hope :D.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but I found that back in November when I was considering pre-ordering. I think they put the page up in case SEGA ever does decide to make an English version.
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
Someone's heard your cries. Valkyria 3 to come stateside..
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2012, 11:32:09 am »
Playasia and a few other sites have listed the third Chronicles game for a US release. The question is this actually being localised by Sega? Is it really coming to PSP or via a download route? And isn't it a bit late for a PSP release? here's the details....

Play-Asia has just updated their official website and listed US version of Valkyria Chronicles III: Unrecorded Chronicles. The listing says that pre-orders for the game will be opening soon and release date section is listed as "To Be Announced".

Here are the list of Valkyria Chronicles III: Unrecorded Chronicles features. NOTE: These features are completely different from Japanese version of the game which released in January 2011.

•The new Valkyria focuses on Gallia’s Squad 422, aka “The Nameless”. See the story unfold with “The Nameless”, the worst vindicatory squad made up of those with a dark background, such as culprits, deserters, war junkies, etc. Is there any chance of hope for those that lost their pride and name…? Don’t miss the sorrowful but enchanting story in the epic world of Valkyria
•The “BLiTZ” system has been popular through the franchise for its innovative battle system with the fusion of strategy and action, and now it is back even more advanced! We now have an even more realistic war experience, with the incredible battles against gigantic enemy weapons and events occurring real-time in the middle of battles. Each character will also have special skills, and the new system will allow you an even greater variety of strategies
•The new story takes place in the fictional Europe in 1935, the same as the very first game of the franchise. The background is the same, but this time the story unfolds from a different stand point. At times, you will fight together with the “Squad 7” members, or see the cadets of the Royal Lanseal Academy in their younger days. If you are a Valkyria fan, you won’t be able to take your eyes off the story full of such attractive characters
Recently in October 2011, SEGA stated that it would not localize Valkyria Chronicles III due to low sales of the second game. But now things are looking completely different with this new Play-Asia listing.

http://www.gamepur.com/news/9313-valkyria-chronicles-3-us-version-listed-retailer.html

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
Re: Someone's heard your cries. Valkyria 3 to come stateside..
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2012, 12:55:41 pm »
WTF?!??!! xD

I hope its not someone just speculating, now I got my hopes up

Offline Kori-Maru

• Total Meseta: 9
  • AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2012, 02:38:07 pm »
SEGA West is not publishing the game here. Step your game up!

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site

Offline segaismysavior

• Total Meseta: 3
  • Martini in one hand, switchblade in the other
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2012, 03:30:34 pm »
Not believing it until a publisher is named.