Author Topic: Post your current thoughts thread  (Read 1155499 times)

Offline Waffle

• Banned
Re: Post your current thoughts thread
« Reply #2385 on: July 19, 2011, 06:12:47 pm »
CosmicCastaway has 666 posts. What a DEVILISH FIEND.

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #2386 on: July 21, 2011, 01:27:32 pm »
Dungeons and Dragons: Daggerdale is supposed to be coming soon to the PSN. It's been a bit of a long wait, but I'm sure it'll be totally worth it. :)

Also, I think it's safe to say no one expected this as one of the Mortal Kombat DLC fighters.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaSBkBDcepM#ws

« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 06:23:42 pm by CosmicCastaway »
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #2387 on: July 22, 2011, 03:26:24 am »
Wait, is Oswald Cobblepot an aussie? I just watched the Batman: Arkham Ciy trailer.

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Loving Life
« Reply #2388 on: July 22, 2011, 07:54:02 pm »
I sometimes feel like the odd-man-out. Today is one of those days.
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #2389 on: July 23, 2011, 02:15:58 am »
Ghost Rider apparently urinates fire at one point according to the Comic Con footage for GR2:SoV. ...that is the weirdest thing ever.

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Loving Life
« Reply #2390 on: July 23, 2011, 08:16:35 pm »
Ghost Rider apparently urinates fire at one point according to the Comic Con footage for GR2:SoV. ...that is the weirdest thing ever.

I did enjoy some elements of the first Ghost Rider film, but I hope this time around they make it more stick more to the comics in terms of how the characters look. I was a bit bummed that Blackheart or Mephisto never assumed their demonic forms in the last movie.

Went to Olive Garden for the first time ever last night and it was quite delicious. Although I couldn't finish my main course because I ate a few too many bread sticks while waiting for it. :P
Unlimited Continues:

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #2391 on: July 23, 2011, 09:57:05 pm »
Went to Olive Garden for the first time ever last night and it was quite delicious. Although I couldn't finish my main course because I ate a few too many bread sticks while waiting for it. :P

Olive Garden has some of the best breadsticks ever.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #2392 on: July 23, 2011, 11:40:19 pm »
I did enjoy some elements of the first Ghost Rider film, but I hope this time around they make it more stick more to the comics in terms of how the characters look. I was a bit bummed that Blackheart or Mephisto never assumed their demonic forms in the last movie.

I really want to see the trailer for this movie now. Keen to see how Blackout is going to turn out in this movie.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #2393 on: July 24, 2011, 04:28:46 am »
On that topic:

Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. Hoo boy… it wouldn’t be Comic-Con without that moment of pure “I’m fucked”ness and that happened today with the Sony panel. I was lucky enough to get some time with Andrew Garfield, but that meant I had to race to Hall H and pray to the Comic-Con gods I could still make it in.

Luckily the Comic-Con Gods smiled upon me and I got in during the Ghost Rider panel. I missed some Behind the Scenes stuff with Neveldine and Taylor being crazy and flying off of cliffs holding 3D cameras and stuff, I hear, but I did make in in time to see the panel and the footage presentation.

Outside of one really iffy CG shot of screaming Nic Cage head turning into screaming Ghost Rider flaming skull, the flick looked crazy fun. As you’d expect from Neveldine and Taylor everything was over the top and dark. For instance, there’s one shot of the Ghost Rider face to face with a badass biker dude as the bad guy pulls an Uzi and fires straight into his face. The Ghost Rider is screaming, the Uzi clip unloading into his mouth. Clip runs dry and the Rider screams again, spitting out a spray of hot molten lead.

And, unless I’m mistaken, the footage ended with a little kid asking Nic Cage what happens when he needs to pee when he’s ablaze and then we see a back shot of Ghost Rider literally pissing flame. I mean, I know my eyes saw it, but my brain is having trouble processing that actually happened.

Other flashes… Ghost Rider whips a molten chain around a dude and tugs, causing him to erupt into a flurry of ashes, Ghost Rider standing on top of a giant truck-like machine that is his new hell-ride, looking like a demonic version of a Mad Max shot, flames shooting from the wheels and all that jazz.

It’s hard to tell if it’ll all gel together, but when you put something as crazy as Ghost Rider in the hands of maniacs like Neveldine and Taylor it’s a good fit. The footage supported that insanity and I hope the movie is even more batshit than I’m expecting.

The panel was pretty short, but here are a few tidbits from the guys on the panel, including Idris Elba, Neveldine, Taylor and Nic Cage.

-What comic book character would you like to play? Idris – Luke Cage, big time and is actively pursuing it. Nic – Ghost Rider “because it happened and I’ve always sympathized with monsters.” Taylor said Catwoman.

-The giant truck we see Ghost Rider riding all Lord Humungus style is a Stripminer, which has the ability to cut mountains in half… So we can expect to see him cause some shit to go down when he turns it into a Hellminer.

-More Ghost Riders for Neveldine and Taylor? They loved making it, it’s up to box office.

-How is Johnny Blaze different from the first movie? Nic Cage said that the biggest difference is that he’s had a few years to live with his head catching on fire and it’s had a noticeable effect on his mood.

-What crazy camera stunt wouldn’t Neveldine and Taylor do? “What would you suggest?” The audience member who asked the question replied with “Waterfall?” Neveldine: “Going over a waterfall in a barrel? Sign me up!”

And that’s about it for Ghost Rider!]
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/50516
This sounds pretty good.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #2394 on: July 26, 2011, 08:11:13 am »
Have you guys ever had one of those days when you woke up and almost immediately knew that something was going to go wrong in the office?

I did, fortunately the problem was fixed before lunch time.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #2395 on: July 26, 2011, 12:23:18 pm »
Told a member of SSMB to shut their fat face, then checked their status and it turned out that member was a 13 year old girl. lol

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Loving Life
« Reply #2396 on: July 26, 2011, 12:41:18 pm »
Unlimited Continues:

Offline tarpmortar

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #2397 on: July 26, 2011, 04:33:24 pm »
Told a member of SSMB to shut their fat face, then checked their status and it turned out that member was a 13 year old girl. lol

Good for you, put her in her place! Age and gender are no excuses for ignorance!

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #2398 on: July 26, 2011, 09:29:58 pm »
Just started watching Breaking Bad. I do not really watch television much anymore because most newer shows I like tend to get canned (Lights Out :( ), but damn I am in love with this program! I watched a whole season in one day.

Damn brilliant show. I think it is already one of my favorites ever!

Offline max_cady

« Reply #2399 on: July 27, 2011, 08:26:13 am »
Pachter is a jerk...
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/episode-222-pach-attack/717739

It's hard to disagree on some of his remarks about software developement and the implied working conditions (all of them true), though, I think his delivery on the subject was a bit heavy-handed.