Author Topic: Post your current thoughts thread  (Read 1155375 times)

Offline SEGA_Portuguese

• Total Meseta: 5

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
Re: Post your current thoughts thread
« Reply #2536 on: November 11, 2011, 09:00:33 pm »
I do not know if japanese will keep you motivated, but next month i will finish the fifth year of the japanese course and i can tell that i feel very happy for everything i learned. I think will be great for you. Personally, the way i use to keep me motivated is think in my age, lol. I want to do everything i can while i am kind of young, i do not want to look back when i reach 50 years and think, "oh shit, my life is almost over, there a lot of things i still need to do".

My personal thought: makes me angry the shit topic at neogaf where they say that Nintendo must do a Sonic game. If this happen someday, i will not buy. I  got very angry seeing them bash Sonic Team. I wanted to see Sonic Team make a fantastic new ip like Nights and shut up the mouths of this guys.

Thanks for the words of encouragement, yeah, it's been helping.. I just gotta find other stuff to do too. Also, regarding that neogaf topic, i know exactly how you feel. Annoys me so much seeing people say Nintendo should develop Sonic.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #2537 on: November 12, 2011, 06:03:45 am »
I do not know if japanese will keep you motivated, but next month i will finish the fifth year of the japanese course and i can tell that i feel very happy for everything i learned. I think will be great for you. Personally, the way i use to keep me motivated is think in my age, lol. I want to do everything i can while i am kind of young, i do not want to look back when i reach 50 years and think, "oh shit, my life is almost over, there a lot of things i still need to do".

Woah, how good is your Japanese? That's pretty groovy man, being able to speak Portuguese, English and Japanese is really top notch!

My personal thought: makes me angry the shit topic at neogaf where they say that Nintendo must do a Sonic game. If this happen someday, i will not buy. I  got very angry seeing them bash Sonic Team. I wanted to see Sonic Team make a fantastic new ip like Nights and shut up the mouths of this guys.

If SEGA ever agrees to let Nintendo make a Sonic game, Nintendo would probably have to agree to give something up in return to SEGA, so the chances of that happening is very little, ha!

That being said I would not mind SEGA doing a Star Fox or F-Zero game for Nintendo again, they really need help on those two franchises... Metroid too now after the mess that was Team Ninja.

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #2538 on: November 12, 2011, 09:06:00 am »
That being said I would not mind SEGA doing a Star Fox or F-Zero game for Nintendo again, they really need help on those two franchises... Metroid too now after the mess that was Team Ninja.

Get the Yakuza team to do a Metroid game :D. That'd be wild.

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #2539 on: November 12, 2011, 10:57:24 am »
Get the Yakuza team to do a Metroid game :D. That'd be wild.

Miyamoto would take indirect jabs at it. He would hate it so badly. But I think he hates Nagoshi and Nagoshi hates him.. xP but when you see nagoshi say stuff like its a good lesson learning opportunity and then never working with Nintendo again, it makes you wonder xP

Offline SOUP

« Reply #2540 on: November 12, 2011, 12:14:48 pm »
I don't know that it's so much a dislike for Nintendo, as much as the fact that they've been pumping out Yakuza games pretty much annually since that point.
Not that I'm complaining :). A new Yakuza game is my favourite thing about the springtime.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #2541 on: November 14, 2011, 04:10:26 pm »
My trip to Marraquexe is over and I'll be coming home in the early afternoon.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #2542 on: November 15, 2011, 09:16:48 am »
My trip to Marraquexe is over and I'll be coming home in the early afternoon.

How was Marraquexe?

Offline SEGA_Portuguese

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #2543 on: November 15, 2011, 04:52:12 pm »
@ShadiNeko, i wish you good luck.

@Aki-at:  is hard to say. The problem of japanese is the kanji. well, i can write some texts in japanese and i think that, if someone throw me in the middle of Japan, i know enough to survive, but even so i still have a lot to learn. Thanks for the words.

About the games, personally i think that SEGA and nintendo will never work again together, seems that Miyamoto did not liked F-Zero. And personally, i hope this never happen again. 

Offline max_cady

« Reply #2544 on: November 17, 2011, 02:14:52 am »
How was Marraquexe?

Well, Marrakesch is an interesting place to visit I'll give you that much. Me and 5 other friends stayed at a Riad, which is a guesthouse bed with sheets, fully supplied bathroom and good breakfast service.

The town so to speak, is largely a commercial town, there are tons of shops, a couple of museums to go to and the ruins of a massive castle.

The town square is where it's all at. Tons of food and drinks stands, namely the famous orange juice. Cars generally don't go into the town square, but there are literally tons and tons of bikes there. Also, if you like cats, don't worry,there's like a bajillion of 'em there.

One thing to keep in mind, though, generally speaking, there's a network of vendors and restaurants, who will charge you for cheap on food, but will politely ask you to visit their commercial partners to buy some herbs and tea. Make sure to have some extra money for tips, they like it.

Snake enchanters are a pickle though, they seem to seek out the people who are close enough and extend a hand. If you shake it, they will proceed to wrap a snake around your neck and perform some sort of ritual, as well as demand some money, doing so you can blow on a flute while a rattlesnake is staring at you. It's not as dangerous as it looks, though, the snakes are clean and their fangs have been removed, so there's really no danger.

The morrocan dishes are good for the most part, there's the famous couscous, shisk-kebab, tajine (boiled chicken with vegetables), grilled chicken with yougurt sauce. Bread is served multiple times free of charge.

The only downside is that you can pretty much experience everything there is to do in 2 days.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #2545 on: November 17, 2011, 12:35:22 pm »
I'll make sure to plan a short trip if I ever manage to get there :).
The food sounds great, but I'm pretty sure I'd lose my shit if some snake wrapped around me out of nowhere  :o.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #2546 on: November 18, 2011, 05:53:50 pm »
Snakes don't bother me at all. One of my best buds, on the other hand...

Another downside of Marrakesch that I should point out is that, first time visitors will likely come back home and either:
-throw up randomly;
-have a case of mild fever;
-complete exhaustion;
-all of the above;

That's normal. And temporary.

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #2547 on: November 18, 2011, 06:07:17 pm »
Starting to get excited about something SEGAbits related, hopefully it's up before the end of the year.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #2548 on: November 18, 2011, 06:36:24 pm »
Just saw The Expendables 2 poster right now... So... so full of win.

Offline Chaosmaster8753

« Reply #2549 on: November 18, 2011, 10:51:40 pm »
So far I've been doing a good job not looking at spoilers for Batman: Arkham City and The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. Considering I've looked too much up for some other games I was interested in, I decided to avoid looking up anything for some other games including the later two because I want to feel surprised when I play them the first time. I might try to apply this strategy to most other upcoming games.