Author Topic: Post your current thoughts thread  (Read 1155390 times)

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
Re: Post your current thoughts thread
« Reply #4320 on: February 05, 2015, 01:16:43 am »
Ahaha I'm afraid I didn't do that... but I have done that before and largely it was total rubbish, if you want to see an example I replied in a topic on the Sega general discussion last night about the 'Yakuza 1' opening.. Although I just removed some of the most incoherent bits.

I'm not even sure why I typed 'nothing but fluff.' I think I meant that's what it feels like inside my head. God knows.
Made by SEGA

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #4321 on: February 05, 2015, 03:59:55 am »
Curse you, February! Why you gotta get so cold? Here I thought January was bad enough.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #4322 on: February 05, 2015, 10:04:04 am »
Had a fight with my girlfriend last night. Feeling pretty stupid today.. Sometimes we do stupid things trying to be the best we can. What is a man
SEG4GES

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #4323 on: February 06, 2015, 06:58:38 am »
No way man! Even without the games there's still a great community to chat with and hey we still have memories of the classics.

But if you must go than all the best bro! : (

It's not just that I guess, I've been slowly getting away from games in general, and my lack of appearances here pretty much confirm it.

It's nothing against SEGAbits or any other community I go to, but I don't really have anything to add here or anywhere else these days.

I visit to read a few articles, but otherwise I am not very present on the internet.

Please don't see it as a reason like I am giving up on SEGA entirely, but looking forward I don't really see myself buying as many games in the future in general.

@Barry: I recall PMing you last year about something, which may have a little bit of impact on why I am leaving, some of it to do with my life's struggles that I won't go into on here, that's a another (very) small part of it, but in general I am not that present on many websites these days due to not playing games (burnt out on the hobby).

I thought I'd at least post my reasons before I go!
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #4324 on: February 06, 2015, 07:09:09 am »
It's not just that I guess, I've been slowly getting away from games in general, and my lack of appearances here pretty much confirm it.

It's nothing against SEGAbits or any other community I go to, but I don't really have anything to add here or anywhere else these days.

I visit to read a few articles, but otherwise I am not very present on the internet.

Please don't see it as a reason like I am giving up on SEGA entirely, but looking forward I don't really see myself buying as many games in the future in general.

Hey man as strange as it is you don't have to talk about just games here, heck half of our posts and proper discussion occurs in this thread! We're like a support network for everyone!

But I wish you luck in your future and any struggles to overcome, just know that if you need some place to fall back on and share your thoughts than the SEGAbits family is here for you bro! : P

*Also you have to come back and gloat when you've overtaken Chelsea's five point gap and look destined to win the league!

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #4325 on: February 06, 2015, 07:09:38 am »
But Nameless, you're such a cool dude to hang out with on the interwebs
SEG4GES

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #4326 on: February 06, 2015, 07:52:46 am »
Hey man as strange as it is you don't have to talk about just games here, heck half of our posts and proper discussion occurs in this thread! We're like a support network for everyone!

But I wish you luck in your future and any struggles to overcome, just know that if you need some place to fall back on and share your thoughts than the SEGAbits family is here for you bro! : P

*Also you have to come back and gloat when you've overtaken Chelsea's five point gap and look destined to win the league!

I have seen the off-topicness go as far as talking about some British slang terms!

I do understand what you mean, but I've had some burn out on the internet for the last few months that I need to get off it really (work related stuff also is a part to it).

It's nice to know that I can return when I want, although I hope I return more passionate and enthusiastic than I currently am.

In regards to City, we won't win this year, I've been to the FA Cup match where we lost (shocking how brutal the lower tiered teams are) and that Arsenal game was there for the taking. I think City's in a rut personally and need to bolster their defence a little (Mangala sucks!).

But Nameless, you're such a cool dude to hang out with on the interwebs

lol I don't really hang out much really! But thanks for the heads up! :)
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #4327 on: February 06, 2015, 10:02:42 am »
While I'm normally a person to look up to the newest viral message youtube videos, I must say Boyinaband's #Dontstayinschool is by far the cringiest video of the new year.

His message is nice in theory about practicality, but ironically it doesn't work in the real world like he's advocating to. Lots of people agreeing, personally has me baffled.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #4328 on: February 06, 2015, 10:34:38 am »
Nameless 24 I wish you would stay but I can't and won't convince you. Like you said, You just aren't into gaming like you used to be and if posting here isn't enjoyable there is no reason to do it. In the end of the day, its all about being happy and I hope life gets better. If you ever miss us, you know where to find us :)

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #4329 on: February 06, 2015, 07:48:33 pm »
Like my new avatar? made it in Gimp cause i don't want to pay for Photoshop, I hardly use it.

@Nameless You're always welcome here. Not everyone here plays games all the time. I hardly get time to play games anymore.

Offline George

« Reply #4330 on: February 06, 2015, 09:37:15 pm »
I do like your avatar. Why not just pirate Photoshop like the rest of us? I'll be honest, I don't need photoshop for what I do on bits, I'm just to lazy to figure out how to do the same stuff on gimp.

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #4331 on: February 06, 2015, 10:56:40 pm »
@Happy Cat

I cannot look at your avatar without hearing Ripley demean Jonesey now =P

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #4332 on: February 06, 2015, 11:51:55 pm »
I do like your avatar. Why not just pirate Photoshop like the rest of us? I'll be honest, I don't need photoshop for what I do on bits, I'm just to lazy to figure out how to do the same stuff on gimp.

Thanks! as for why I don't pirate software, personal reasons. What I want to do can be achieved with other software. I'm perfectly happy paying and supporting software if it's something I use. Photoshop I hardly use though, so I don't feel like I'm getting my money's worth if im paying for it. That's just my personal feelings though. I don't care what other people do. Although I do think people who make money using software that they have pirated should pay for the software. Adobe software is very complex and requires a lot of people to update and maintain it. It has many more features then free software and there is a reason it costs what it does. It's for professionals, people who use it to make their living.

I use sublime text to make my living and I had no problem buying the license to use it. It's a great piece of software and I want to support the people who created it. $70 may sound like a lot for a text editor, but with it's great performance, all the features built in, and the extensibility of the plugin system I'm happy to support the creators. Features that help me get my job done.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 11:53:54 pm by Happy Cat »

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #4333 on: February 07, 2015, 12:16:04 am »
Hahah, that avatar is fucking awesome, made me laugh. =)

Wife's surgery went well, she gets to rest a lot while I deal with my kid, haha.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline George

« Reply #4334 on: February 07, 2015, 12:18:44 am »
Yeah, Adobe isn't that bad. Does the thing cost alot? Yes. But I think Adobe Photoshop CS2 is free (and old, it was the first one I ever used). Most likely worse than Gimp.

@Pirovash88 glad everything is well  :afroman: