Author Topic: Post your current thoughts thread  (Read 1155457 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: Post your current thoughts thread
« Reply #4560 on: May 21, 2015, 11:46:24 am »
Can I make Snickerdoodles without cream of tartar?

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #4561 on: May 21, 2015, 12:28:04 pm »
Can I make Snickerdoodles without cream of tartar?

Not entirely sure. Maybe you can substitute it with something else?

Sorry, i typically cheat and buy pre-made ones. =)
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #4562 on: May 21, 2015, 01:00:06 pm »
Not entirely sure. Maybe you can substitute it with something else?

Sorry, i typically cheat and buy pre-made ones. =)

I figured I have a slow weekend so it's a perfect opportunity to make cookies or something to have with coffee.

Looked into it, and apparently it's kind of important to get that particular taste. I might just make peanut butter cookies or something else more simple if I can't find it, or if it's particularly expensive.

First I'm going to need a larger bowl though...

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #4563 on: May 21, 2015, 01:22:10 pm »
I figured I have a slow weekend so it's a perfect opportunity to make cookies or something to have with coffee.

Looked into it, and apparently it's kind of important to get that particular taste. I might just make peanut butter cookies or something else more simple if I can't find it, or if it's particularly expensive.

First I'm going to need a larger bowl though...

Awesome. If you make them, let me know what you think or how they came out.

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #4564 on: May 21, 2015, 01:40:30 pm »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:WikiProject_Video_games#Let.27s_try_this_again...new_Sega_article_structure

This wikipedia conversation is taking away my sanity...someone else tell me that this Lukeno94 person is quite the idiot...

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #4565 on: May 21, 2015, 01:53:12 pm »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:WikiProject_Video_games#Let.27s_try_this_again...new_Sega_article_structure

This wikipedia conversation is taking away my sanity...someone else tell me that this Lukeno94 person is quite the idiot...

Wikipedia. Not even once.
SEG4GES

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #4566 on: May 22, 2015, 07:53:00 pm »
it's the weekend. yay!

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #4567 on: May 22, 2015, 08:07:42 pm »
Trippled, just contribute to the Sega Retro wiki, its more in depth with photos. I might start making suggestions to have some 'clean captured' shots and do more details including levels for bigger games with their own entry and easter egg stuff. There is a lot missing but alot there.

OR you can argue with people on wikipedia. :)

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #4568 on: May 23, 2015, 02:25:24 am »
The best thing about Convergence is reading old DCU character short stories, the main event Convergence isn't so great and thats beceause its a 2 month filler event as DC moves to the west coast.

I would suggest picking up Justice League from issue #40, Darkseid Wars is going to be awesome.

Picked up Justice League #40 and.. I liked it, I think I'm gonna keep buying these. Also, I want to get back into Green Lantern, but I don't know where to start. Last issues I read were during the Blackest Night.

Also gonna start buying Action Comics, I read the preview and it looks great.

Offline George

« Reply #4569 on: May 23, 2015, 02:45:43 am »
Green Lantern just got a mini-boot in issue #40. YOu can read the wiki to learn about the last big wars. Most of it was a crossover, which I really dislike in the series. But it seems right now its 'solo' since Hal Jordan is rogue (on issue #40).

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #4570 on: May 23, 2015, 03:13:42 am »
Green Lantern just got a mini-boot in issue #40. YOu can read the wiki to learn about the last big wars. Most of it was a crossover, which I really dislike in the series. But it seems right now its 'solo' since Hal Jordan is rogue (on issue #40).
Awesome, I'll start there. Thanks for the tips man, I'd be lost, haha.

I picked up Marvel's Secret Wars and it's.. Weird?

Offline George

« Reply #4571 on: May 23, 2015, 03:57:39 am »
I only pick up like 2 Marvel titles, so I'm the worse when it comes to talking about that side of things. But I do enjoy Silver Surfer in its current run, its got really fantastic art.

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #4572 on: May 23, 2015, 04:11:34 am »
I only pick up like 2 Marvel titles, so I'm the worse when it comes to talking about that side of things. But I do enjoy Silver Surfer in its current run, its got really fantastic art.

You know, in all the years I've been reading Marvel Comics I've never read Silver Surfer. I've thought about it cause I've always been interested in Galactus and Nova.

Offline George

« Reply #4573 on: May 23, 2015, 04:38:24 am »
The series they are doing now is written by the Amazing Spiderman current writer (and who blocked me a twitter after a gun debate)  Dan Slott. I read up to issue 9 so far and its very one issue based, I think the first two issue part stories. But yeah, they have Mike Allred on art and its unique little book:

It has a quirky tone and fantasy that reminds me of Guardian of the Galaxy movie of sorts.

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #4574 on: May 23, 2015, 04:55:39 am »
Wow artwork does look nice. I've heard of Dan Slot, but I've never read any of his work. I'll put this on my list as well, probably check it out once I catch up on other runs.

I also want to read some of Bendis' new Miles Morales Spider-Man. I've always been interested to see what his character is like.