Author Topic: Post your current thoughts thread  (Read 1155453 times)

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
Re: Post your current thoughts thread
« Reply #4800 on: December 29, 2015, 12:43:10 am »
I never got the taste for the stuff. Remember when I was a bit younger and trying different drinks. They all tasted awful to me.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #4801 on: December 29, 2015, 06:58:59 am »
I don't love the taste of alcohol either really, I do like a Guinness, from time to time. Most drinks are piss, but so are most sodas to me. I think as a kid, you drink with friends because it's 'cool' and being drunk feels fresh and new when you're a teen; it's the first rebellious act. It also dispels awkward teen situations, aids in making new friends, talking to girls and so on.

When you get older, drinking is almost a nostalgic thing, the taste, to me brings back loads of memories of good times and old friends. It's associated with having fun, freedom and youth- for those of us who drank as teens anyway. I think this is why social drinking is far more popular in Europe than in the USA. It is not at all uncommon to find people in the USA who don't drink at all, perhaps because the law states you must be 21 and so for many when they finally try it as an adult they don't have those nostalgic connections and see it for what it really is.

That said, some people just really like the taste, there are a few drinks I really do enjoy, but let's face it, none are as good as tea, coffee or banana milkshake. ;D
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 07:04:29 am by Sharky »
Made by SEGA

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #4802 on: December 29, 2015, 06:06:15 pm »
I drink alone, so I guess I am not a social drinker.
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline Sharky

« Reply #4803 on: December 29, 2015, 08:25:37 pm »
I drink alone, so I guess I am not a social drinker.

I think the term is alcoholic. J/K :D

On the odd occasion I really enjoy drinking alone, if I drink alone I am usually drinking to be drunk, not to enjoy the flavour or anything. I just get the hankering for a bit of drunk me time... It helps that I tend to like my own company.
Made by SEGA

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #4804 on: December 30, 2015, 12:28:02 pm »
Ehh i lied, i do enjoy the occasional beer, but never get drunk. I haven't gotten drunk in years, last time was probably when i was 18, at a party.

Every once in a while, i'll watch a hockey game at a local bar with friends and enjoy a beer or two. Typically when the wife is out doing something.

But yeah, i agree with Sharky. Drinking does work the nostalgic factor in a way.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Tad

« Reply #4805 on: December 30, 2015, 02:09:39 pm »
Hmm, I'm not too sure that's a healthy way to deal with things :)

Offline Sharky

« Reply #4806 on: December 30, 2015, 04:53:50 pm »
Hmm, I'm not too sure that's a healthy way to deal with things :)
Who said anything about health? :D
Made by SEGA

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #4807 on: December 30, 2015, 11:19:41 pm »
I saw Star Wars VII, for all those people that said it was A New Hope 2.0, it sorta was. So what? I wanted to see a Star Wars like the old ones but updated, thats what I got.

Don't like it? Probably shouldn't be watching Star Wars films then.

Offline Tad

« Reply #4808 on: December 31, 2015, 02:43:27 am »
I'd argue its more like all of the original trilogy. It starts like a New hope, has the grit of Empire strike back and ends a bit on the silly side like Jedi. Either way, I don't care. It was a fun ride!

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #4809 on: December 31, 2015, 10:59:36 am »
I think this year with all the tragedies and bombings, ive unconsiously grown an aversion towards fireworks. Anyone else feel this way? I know its a tradition, and ive had a great times and memories from it, but maybe there's better ways to celebrate new year. Not replacements perse, but better alternatives at least

Edit: To clarify, I dont mean organized firework shows. Im fine with those
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 11:20:52 am by CrazyT »

Offline Tad

« Reply #4810 on: December 31, 2015, 11:49:56 am »
Meh, best not to let it bother you.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #4811 on: December 31, 2015, 01:19:24 pm »
Find fireworks a bit boring to be honest.

It all depends on the company you have, not the spectacle infront of you.

Hope you guys enjoy the final day of 2015 and have a great 2016!

Offline Tad

« Reply #4812 on: December 31, 2015, 03:04:46 pm »
Aye. Happy new year everyone!

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #4813 on: December 31, 2015, 04:21:07 pm »
I'd argue its more like all of the original trilogy. It starts like a New hope, has the grit of Empire strike back and ends a bit on the silly side like Jedi. Either way, I don't care. It was a fun ride!
I think if 'A New Hope' came out today everyone will complain that nothing really happen. Which is true, I think people have nostalgia for that movie due to it being a part of a trilogy. They saw all three and judged it. Let's be honest, most of us here weren't around when they came out in the cinema.

I think judging the Disney films as bad due to the FIRST of the three movies is a bit stupid. Honestly this is one of the first 'trilogy' movies that made me want more and satisfied with what happen. I feel like movies like 'The Hobbit' left a terrible taste in my mouth with it comes to trilogies.

Damn, it was a great ride. Some amazing shots in this movie, the light saber battles being more gritty was good too. I thought the prequels' spins and stuff was way too fake.

One more thing I like about these movies, we finally have DANGER and likable characters. The prequels really lacked that: the characters that were introduced where badly written so you didn't care if they died (cuz they will stop talking finally) and the ones that you did care about because they came from the older movies wouldn't die cuz they can't. Sorta made the movie feel less powerful. I feel bad for Lucas, really hard to do 'past' stuff.

While the new ones anything can happen. Also love that the dialogue in this movie is very toned down and not over explainy. I hated that in the prequels.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #4814 on: December 31, 2015, 04:23:22 pm »
Meh, best not to let it bother you.
Heh yeah I guess I shouldnt. Also I agree Aki

Anyway you too have a great day! May 2016 bring good times for everyone.