Author Topic: Yakuza Kiwami (Y1 Remake) and Yakuza 6 announced!  (Read 32145 times)

Offline Bit,

• Total Meseta: 0
Re: Yakuza Kiwami (Y1 Remake) and Yakuza 6 announced!
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2015, 08:18:27 am »
Let's keep in mind that Yakuza 6 doesn't have an exact release date at all, this is a sign that the development team have no idea when this game will be finished exactly or they haven't decided on one. I am going for option 1 because many technical issues and problems in development can occur at any time without warning leading me to also believe that the game will be delayed further as a result of this. Where as Yakuza 1 Extreme already has a set target because the team already have the first game to work off on and improve those features in general while adding in some new features as well. Just look at how game's like MGSV and Persona 5 get delayed because of underestimating development time.

Offline Phantasos

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2015, 08:48:11 am »
Can you spair us the fanboy talk.

You seem to be doing pretty good on that, yourself.

I'm sorry there are plenty of games that come out yearly and have kept the quailty bar decent . Assasin Creed did that for more or less everyone of its sequels (even Unity)

Man, Unity really brought that kick to your argument. By being a broken, buggy messy piece of shit that could barely work with a snazzy season pass to boot. Keep that quality bar decent, Ubisoft.

and all this done even with the likes of AC III and Black Flag which added many parts and where Black Flag was a far bigger open world than Yakuza could ever hope to be

Good thing Yakuza isn't trying to be open world then. A fact that only works for the game's benefit considering the meat of the gameplay is arcade-ish combat.

and MGS V is a remarkable achievement; not only is a great looking game its a completely  true open world game the kind of which, one would expect to see from Rockstar and not a Japanese developer.

Metal Gear Solid 5's "open world" mechanics are piss poor in every regard and this becomes blatantly true in the second part of the game where most of the mission content is shameless copy paste. The open world is profoundly empty besides encampments/bases and the ones scattered along the map don't actually change according to your actions and merely serve as basic excuse to execute gameplay. It's crystal clear that the whole Konami bullshit with Kojima productions fucked the whole thing up, even despite the more than generous development time.

The 2 aspects where MGS5 shines is gameplay, which has never been smoother and the sheer amount of options/gadgetry you can use which is titanic. But the mediocre open world mechanics and that god awful, offensively incomplete plot make this game so much less than it should be.
Most of the FIFA

Wow, good for them. Love that absolute copy paste of a football game series called FIFA. So much new novelty they bring to the table.

COD keep a decent level of quality.

By having 3 different studios working on different games, at the same time.

Also unlike COD, AC Yakuza reuses the same old assets time and time again. To walk around the streets in Yakuza III is very much the same as it to walk around the streets in 0 its the same old look being used.

It's almost like Yakuza has a smaller budget and usually takes place in the same town but revamped in order to present something new to its game.

At least with each new AC or COD there is a complete break and totally different part of the world used and moddled.

Yes. That really makes me want to play those fun, fun games. Bigger budget, more assets, stale as fuck gameplay, inherently better game! Did you literally just come out of some production line focus group?

Oh and another thing Ubisoft Montreal can also work and multiuble projects at the same time, not just making the sequels to AC but also sequels to Far Cry and launching new IP like Watch Dogs and that's just one divsion inside the Ubi camp .

Huh, several points there. Much bigger publisher. Much more money. Much bigger studio. Much more teams. Much *larger* teams.  And plenty of which released broken, buggy as hell shitty games like a slew of Assassin's Creed games and *especially* Watch_Dogs, another piss poor excuse of a open world game.

How the fuck can you even stand up for some of the worse AAA publishers of the industry today and even begin to bitch about Yakuza's development, considering the restrictions and limited budget that it has? It's fucking mind boggling to me. The only decent open world game series they have is Farcry. And Yakuza, even far from perfect as it is and as a cheaper series in general, does more when it comes to gameplay than any bland flavor of the month, empty as fuck, cash cow open world game out there.

Except Witcher 3. That game is just bizarrely good.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 09:07:51 am by Phantasos »

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2015, 10:09:48 am »
Also unlike COD, AC Yakuza reuses the same old assets time and time again. To walk around the streets in Yakuza III is very much the same as it to walk around the streets in 0 its the same old look being used.

Yakuza 5 features five cities. The side-story entries feature completely new (well, in fact, completely old) settings.

COD, developed by three separate studios, changes settings but re-uses environment assets (including entire buildings).

In some ways, I feel sympathy for you, TA. You have some sort of heartbroken fanboy complex which causes you great anguish. Sega isn't what you want them to be, yadda yadda yadda. But you're devolving into a cynical troll who just tries to throw a wet blanket onto every discussion on this forum. Honestly if there was an 'ignore' feature you'd be the first to get it from me.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2015, 12:27:04 pm »
Let's keep in mind that Yakuza 6 doesn't have an exact release date at al

2016 . Not a lot of time, more so given that zero only came out in March.

Yakuza 5 features five cities. The side-story entries feature completely new

They all look pretty much the same , even the Arcades looks much the same , everything in the Yakuza games looks familiar. Yakuza 5 had some really nice tech though.

Man, Unity really brought that kick to your argument

How people kicking the game actually own it ? Sure parts weren't finished . But this wasn't a train wreck of a game. The main game was really good and the scale of the game was quite amazing  where you could go into almos any room and it was all moddled and 1 to1 scale . The new AS creed looks total crap in comparsion and a sequel too far imo.

Good thing Yakuza isn't trying to be open world then
Its never been a open world game, its just a RPG in a modern day setting and hardly a thing as changed since the 1st game. Shenmue is far more advanced game really.

Metal Gear Solid 5's "open world" mechanics are piss poor in every regard and this becomes blatantly true in the second part of the game where most of the mission content is shameless copy paste

Its a true open world game and a amazing achievement for a Japanse developer. The game and series is not really for me . I'l not play down what the amazing job the team done with the title.
[/size][/color]
Wow, good for them. Love that absolute copy paste of a football game series called FIFA

The quailty bar has been good for the last few FIFA titles - that is my point . There's no much new with each Football Manager game, but the quailty bar is still there. Its not just the Yakuza team that does it.

Yes. That really makes me want to play those fun, fun games

Some of them are great games and some of them are a bit rubbish .

Huh, several points there. Much bigger publisher. Much more money. Much bigger studio. Much more teams. Much *larger* teams

That's what you need if you want to play in the big world of AAA game and make yearly sequels . But then SEGA have much more money than most and yet even the likes of Fromsoftware can out do SEGA of late on the consoles

How the fuck can you even stand up for some of the worse AAA publishers of the industry today and even begin to bitch about Yakuza's development,

Which publishers are worst . EA and Activsion I take it , Dear God grow up

[/size][/color]
[/size] [/color]

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2015, 02:23:55 pm »
Awesome new info on Yakuza 6.

"There is a trailer for Yakuza 6 playing in the closed theater part of Sega's booth. It has no gameplay, but a bunch of scenes hinting at the story direction. Akiyama, Haruka, and two new characters are apparently the leads. The game supposedly takes place in both Kamurocho and America. Beat Takeshi is the only new cast member announced so far."

People are excited about Takeshi...but really a Yakuza game in America!?? Now that is something.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 02:51:43 pm by Trippled »

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2015, 02:50:40 pm »
Trippled can you please edit the spoiler parts in that!

But yes, Yakuza set in America + 2 new leads makes me think this could work as a soft relaunch of the franchise for the West, IF SEGA America takes this opportunity, I don't know if they would.

Yakuza 5 spoilers: [spoiler]The ending for Yakuza 5 being true and Kiryu dying in Haruka's arms is too tragic :<[/spoiler]

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2015, 02:55:33 pm »
I think 0 and 6 will release in the west. Part 3 of the interview hints at 0 (why mention it at all in the interview) and 6 (foreshadowing going overseas).

Also Bayonetta 3, cuz why not.

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2015, 02:58:31 pm »
I think 0 and 6 will release in the west. Part 3 of the interview hints at 0 (why mention it at all in the interview) and 6 (foreshadowing going overseas).

Yeah I think Sony might want 0 but as a Playstation 4 "exclusive" like they did with Dragon Quest Heroes 2 (And it could be used as a sort of origins to 6?) but with Yakuza 6 being set between America and Japan, I'm more confident in that coming over.

Exciting times to be a Yakuza fan, looks like 6 will make a big splash like 3 and 5 did, probably why we had to go through 3 games before we got here. Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio had to figure out where they wanted to take the series going forward.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2015, 12:16:46 am »
The game supposedly takes place in both K
People are excited about Takeshi...but really a Yakuza game in America!?? Now that is something.

So its a good move now SEGA Bits  ?. I remember being called all sorts on this board for making out Yakuza needs to have a Western setting to try and make it sell better in the west and give it more appeal.

Good move by SEGA and at last we may see a Yakuza game that looks different now, just a shame there's no One version to help with even more sales 
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline NoirSuede

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2015, 12:27:10 am »
Trippled can you please edit the spoiler parts in that!

But yes, Yakuza set in America + 2 new leads makes me think this could work as a soft relaunch of the franchise for the West, IF SEGA America takes this opportunity, I don't know if they would.

Yakuza 5 spoilers: [spoiler]The ending for Yakuza 5 being true and Kiryu dying in Haruka's arms is too tragic :<[/spoiler]
How are they going to handle random encounters considering that everyone in America has a gun and the streets aren't condusive to fist fights like in Kamurocho ?

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2015, 04:50:12 am »
... not everyone has a gun in America...

Only 11.1 million out of 300+ million Americans have a permit to conceal a firearm (aka carry one outside their home). Enemies in Yakuza do carry guns too.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 04:54:14 am by George »

Offline Phantasos

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2015, 06:26:07 am »
Well, shit. Looks like Takeshi Kitano is going to appear in Yakuza 6.

How are they going to handle random encounters considering that everyone in America has a gun and the streets aren't condusive to fist fights like in Kamurocho ?

Same way Kiryu handled punks in past Yakuza games that tried to shoot him with a gun.

By beating the shit out of them.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 11:13:36 am by Phantasos »

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2015, 10:08:58 am »
So its a good move now SEGA Bits  ?. I remember being called all sorts on this board for making out Yakuza needs to have a Western setting to try and make it sell better in the west and give it more appeal. 

You realise we're not just one hive mind all with the same opinion right?
Made by SEGA

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2015, 11:01:06 am »
I was just thinking the same th...wait a minute.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2015, 06:04:41 am »
You realise we're not just one hive mind all with the same opinion right?

It just seems when SEGA does it, that makes ok. I was called all sorts of trying to make out Yakuza should take place in a Western city . Now SEGA does it, its like a great move and we call can't wait . Still I was told by most of this board that consoles are dead and SEGA are right to go Mobile, but when SEGA goes on about how great the PS4 is doing, its now right for SEGA to back the console...

When some of us have been saying for ages for SEGA to back conspoles more
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is