Author Topic: Splatoon |OT| What is Street Culture?  (Read 81844 times)

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
Re: Splatoon |OT| What is Street Culture?
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2015, 10:26:45 am »
Here is the commercial Nintendo will air for Splatoon, basically reminds me of the 90s. I dunno if this marketing is going to work for them...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oynGf9-T1UA
Lmfao that's really bad. I really cant imagine how id feel as a kid watching that sorta stuff anymore. I have a feeling id probably like it. THe gameplay at least looks good

Anyway there's another testfire scheduled for those who've missed the previous one.

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/599205191422992385

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2015, 09:47:53 am »
The testfire is starting later tonight.

Here where I live its gonna be 12am
England must be 11pm then
And US like 6pm or something like that?

Anyway its gonna be in like 7 hours. For those who havent tried it yet, you can download the demo from the eshop and it goes online at the stated times.

Who's giving it their 1st or another run tonight!?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 10:13:01 am by CrazyT »

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2015, 02:11:00 pm »
its 3pm here, I was going to meet friends at that time. Might have to tell them 4pm

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2015, 06:41:00 pm »
Lmfao. Thought id missed it because i fell asleep. Seems i had gotten the times wrong XD

Playing now as well

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2015, 07:59:19 am »
Hows it play? Saviour of FPS?

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2015, 01:36:02 am »
Hows it play? Saviour of FPS?
Its a lot less serious so i wouldnt say that. There's definitly skill involved tho. Had been losing a lot of matches with bad teammates.

It plays amazingly. A lot of attention to detail in the whole look and feel of actions and movements. And i just cant get past how this game is scratching an itch for me as a SEGA fan.

The reviews are coming tomorrow btw

Offline George

« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2015, 03:06:24 am »
Its interesting, there is very 'basic' skill in how you shoot. Its very forgiving that it doesn't make it a 'reaction shooter' its more on traveling and taking paint territory on the map. You don't even need to fight, if you don't want to.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2015, 03:51:18 pm »
Lol

Game has been getting good reviews btw. I didnt expect that tbh. I was kind of skeptical if reviewers would like it.

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2015, 04:30:53 pm »
Nintendo reviews are always a click bait article in any media . Not just for the score but also the raid of comments by Ninty fans who pick up any criticism as an offense.

Also,reviewers (paid-ones,freelancer or not) trend to "lick the boots" to Nintendo, even in opinion articles.

Offline George

« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2015, 04:47:34 pm »
80% for a Nintendo game (Metacritic) is like 70% for any other developer. Honestly saw the 'tildr' of missing features on Reddit and its a little hard to swallow:

• Surreal and archaic online structure: no voice chat, no private matches at launch, impossibility to change weapons and gear between matches without going back to the lobby, no custom loadouts, no challanges/ in game achievements/stats
• Lack of content at launch (only 5 maps, 2 online game modes)

While people will complain that 'no voice chat' is good cuz 'lol trolls', I consider having the option of muting your mic and talking to friends to be better. Also not being able to do private games... *rolls eyes*.

Looks like Nintendo still hasn't gotten online gaming quite yet. They got the design aspect of actual gameplay. Seems like its a bit expensive for what is being offered.

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2015, 07:13:29 pm »
The things is they are doing this in 2015 along with mobile.

I don't know how they are gonna do their mobile games if they pass all the standars that as a priority every new release need to have for not downfall into being obsolete first day.

People can say "Free DLC and free extras are coming" everyday but the price of that game with how much it's offers doesn't seem too marketable in its first 3 months to the general public. Bad choice for an exclusive IMO.

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2015, 09:37:50 pm »
80% for a Nintendo game (Metacritic) is like 70% for any other developer.

come on now, that's some first rate fanboy stuff right there.  80% for a nintendo game on metacritic is the same as 80% for anyone. 

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2015, 07:50:05 am »
80% for a Nintendo game (Metacritic) is like 70% for any other developer. Honestly saw the 'tildr' of missing features on Reddit and its a little hard to swallow:

• Surreal and archaic online structure: no voice chat, no private matches at launch, impossibility to change weapons and gear between matches without going back to the lobby, no custom loadouts, no challanges/ in game achievements/stats
• Lack of content at launch (only 5 maps, 2 online game modes)

While people will complain that 'no voice chat' is good cuz 'lol trolls', I consider having the option of muting your mic and talking to friends to be better. Also not being able to do private games... *rolls eyes*.

Looks like Nintendo still hasn't gotten online gaming quite yet. They got the design aspect of actual gameplay. Seems like its a bit expensive for what is being offered.
This is a game that's meant to be appropriate for kids, it'd be silly to expect public voice chat at least. It should have voice chat for private games though. No achievements/challenges or custom loadouts are also dumb complaints, especially the latter. That's just wanting something the game wouldn't be able to have without fucking up the balance. You can customize your character though, so there's that.

Also, "80% for a Nintendo game (Metacritic) is like 70% for any other developer." Still not finished with the SEGA vs. Nintendo fanboy arguments from the 90s? :V
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 08:30:17 am by TimmiT »

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2015, 08:18:48 am »
come on now, that's some first rate fanboy stuff right there.  80% for a nintendo game on metacritic is the same as 80% for anyone. 
For real, how long do we need to keep up this 'Every media outlet in the world is running a smear campaign against Sega and is secretly owned by Nintendo' act?

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2015, 08:40:40 am »
For real, how long do we need to keep up this 'Every media outlet in the world is running a smear campaign against Sega and is secretly owned by Nintendo' act?

Spencer actually proved Nintendo get's better treatment in US media outlets, ask him about it.

Also I don't think George specifically pointed out SEGA either, but rather the fact the game is being released incomplete, no voice chat and the lack of options that Nintendo has gotten away with but most other publishers would, quite rightly, be blasted for.

And come on, console manufactures often always get better reviews because of console specific magazines and in general their stronger hold over game magazines than regular publishers barring Activision or Electronic Arts.