Author Topic: So..the t-shirts...it's almost 3 months later...  (Read 43983 times)

Offline JetSetRadioForever

• Total Meseta: 1
Re: So..the t-shirts...it's almost 3 months later...
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2014, 06:41:26 am »
It's been on 'shipping info received' for 5 days now. USPS has a pretty horrid tracking system in the first place so who knows what the deal is.

EDIT: 3 days later and still a no show. Perhaps those darn Love Shockers stole it?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 09:43:53 am by JetSetRadioForever »

Offline Mengels7

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2014, 11:38:29 am »
It's been on 'shipping info received' for 5 days now. USPS has a pretty horrid tracking system in the first place so who knows what the deal is.

EDIT: 3 days later and still a no show. Perhaps those darn Love Shockers stole it?

Agreed but the system is good enough to let you know when it has arrived at the facility. I could be wrong but judging by the trend of this whole debacle and what the USPS site says, I don't think he's sent them yet.

Offline Saturn Memories

• Total Meseta: 3
  • In orbit around 1996.
    • Saturn Memories
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2014, 02:40:56 pm »
Agreed but the system is good enough to let you know when it has arrived at the facility. I could be wrong but judging by the trend of this whole debacle and what the USPS site says, I don't think he's sent them yet.

You do realize that a good portion of the country has been getting pounded by major snow storms the last couple of days, right? Quit jumping to conclusions and give the mail some more time.
Saturn Memories: A look back upon Sega in the mid-'90s. Featuring Saturn, ST-V, Model 2, and MORE!
Twitter: @SaturnMemories

Offline Mengels7

« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2014, 03:27:26 pm »
You do realize that a good portion of the country has been getting pounded by major snow storms the last couple of days, right? Quit jumping to conclusions and give the mail some more time.

Yeah, California's really getting pounded hard by snowstorms. Here's a package I ordered that shipped from California on the 12th. Granted this was with priority mail, so it arrived here much sooner than a first-class package would, but the point is that the weather did not have any influence. Also there was a tracking update when the package arrived at the facility.

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?qtc_tLabels1=9405515901081332633152

USPS tracking isn't great, but it is accurate as far as updating when the package arrives at the facility I've found. I'm just astounded I'm still having this conversation.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 03:41:35 pm by Mengels7 »

« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2014, 04:01:45 pm »
I'm just astounded I'm still having this conversation.

Me too. I'm just gonna give up on this. It shows, yay, it's doesn't, whatevs.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2014, 04:49:57 pm »
Ugh, just when I thought the t-shirt saga was over...

I'm very sorry that this has been an ongoing thing. I've reached out to George, once again, on all possible channels (forum PM, gmail, chat, skype) and hope it acts as a kick in the butt to get him moving on this again.

On my end, the most he has told me was that he was sending them out and he had asked for my address as well for shipping purposes. If I had to guess, he made it far enough to make labels, but never made it to the post office yet. While the east coast is being hammered by snow (where I live), George is on the west coast so at the very least they should have been changed to the "shipping" status. I really don't know why it's been so difficult...

I want to let people know that for all future contests, I'll be handling shipping so something like this never, ever happens again. In fact, I've been handling the contest side of things since October 2013 and have sent every item that we've promised. The upcoming iPhone contest, as well as plans I have with AJ for later this year, will not go through George at all. I know that doesn't help the t-shirt situation, but I just want to put people at ease for any and all future happenings which involves SEGAbits sending anything to readers and contest winners.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 04:53:17 pm by Barry the Nomad »

Offline Saturn Memories

• In orbit around 1996.
    • Saturn Memories
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2014, 05:16:17 pm »
Yeah, California's really getting pounded hard by snowstorms. Here's a package I ordered that shipped from California on the 12th. Granted this was with priority mail, so it arrived here much sooner than a first-class package would, but the point is that the weather did not have any influence. Also there was a tracking update when the package arrived at the facility.

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?qtc_tLabels1=9405515901081332633152

USPS tracking isn't great, but it is accurate as far as updating when the package arrives at the facility I've found. I'm just astounded I'm still having this conversation.

He may be in Cali, but you're in New York... At any rate, check the tracking info again. Says it was delivered to your address yesterday.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 05:21:49 pm by Saturn Memories »
Saturn Memories: A look back upon Sega in the mid-'90s. Featuring Saturn, ST-V, Model 2, and MORE!

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2014, 05:21:29 pm »
I think Mengels posted a USPS number that was for something not related to this, just using it as an example of something shipped to him that was coming from CA.

Offline Saturn Memories

• In orbit around 1996.
    • Saturn Memories
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2014, 05:24:38 pm »
I think Mengels posted a USPS number that was for something not related to this, just using it as an example of something shipped to him that was coming from CA.

Well, who knows. Could be George, could be the post office. I've had a number of orders where the tracking info didn't populate until the day the package was out for delivery.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2014, 05:27:04 pm »
At this point, I think it's George. But like I said, I've reached out to him on every form of contact with him I have so we'll see what he says/does.

« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2014, 07:10:31 am »
I don't blame you, Barry. I will always support the site. I'm not gonna throw the baby out with the bathwater, as it were. I'm just not going to waste time & energy worrying about a t-shirt that I've probably wasted too much on already. I'll go waste that time & energy on some Burning Rangers instead. :)

Offline Mengels7

« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2014, 11:00:50 am »

^^^this.

And again, I hate dragging this on, but it would be one thing if he came out and said "sorry I wasted your money and can't afford to send the shirts out" or something like that, but instead he keeps insisting they're being sent out. I even have a tracking number this time. And he's active in posting to SegaBits. I don't hold this against Barry or anyone else except George.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2014, 11:28:56 am »
I'm glad you guys aren't holding anything against me, and I didn't think you would, but being a major contributor to the site, and a recent admin, I can't help but feel both guilty and at the same time helpless in this situation.

It's the lack of communication and snails pace that is killing me. Every time I see an article go up from George, that's time that could be spent communicating with us and mailing these things out. Anyway, like I've said, I've told him to send the shirts out via all forms of communication at my disposal. He was on the last podcast, after having promised to ship these out, but seeing as how it is now 11 days later and no update from him or USPS, I'm reinstating my "no collaborations with George until this is put to an end" promise.

« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2014, 01:55:38 pm »
Can I ask a silly question? Is it just Mengels and I that are owed shirts? Surely there must have been more than just us that kicked in money. If that's so, either everyone else got shirts or everyone just doesn't care/remember.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2014, 02:00:32 pm »
I do not recall the total number, but I had thought it was around a dozen or so.