Author Topic: Post your current thoughts thread  (Read 1155411 times)

Offline Autosaver

• Total Meseta: 0
Re: Post your current thoughts thread
« Reply #2520 on: October 23, 2011, 10:08:30 pm »
I haven't been on here in forever. ;_;

and yes, forum is full of glitches for some reason. Kind of funny since I think Shadi works at another Sega blog and it has no problems. XD

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #2521 on: October 24, 2011, 05:44:45 pm »
Autosaver! wassup!
SEG4GES

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #2522 on: October 24, 2011, 06:01:56 pm »
Am I the only one who thinks that Eurogamer's new web layout is garbage?

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #2523 on: October 24, 2011, 06:10:44 pm »
^nope. They have that Portable/HD buttons on the bottom, but it still load a bunch of old news every time.
SEG4GES

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #2524 on: October 24, 2011, 08:21:45 pm »
I decided to go look at the Eurogamer website, their "Portable" layout is pretty good, but their HD layout is way too cluttered.. lol Portable should be their default layout.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #2525 on: October 26, 2011, 05:16:37 pm »
The Walking Dead tv show is living proof that drama can bore you to tears even in a zombie apocalypse.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #2526 on: November 09, 2011, 09:14:42 am »
I like the Sonic Stadium forums, but my god can they be far too introspective. They make entire topics devoted to "the state of the community" and "the state of (insert story/gameplay element here)". A game will release, and two months later they're already reflecting on every aspect of it. It's fucking annoying. Also, the Personal Discussion forum is freaky. Like, keep your personal lifes OFF the internet. I just ignore that specific forum, because I'll usually learn that the dude I was discussing Eggman with is a suicidal bisexual who is beaten by their mom and had an abortion. TMI.

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #2527 on: November 09, 2011, 02:11:12 pm »
I like the Sonic Stadium forums, but my god can they be far too introspective. They make entire topics devoted to "the state of the community" and "the state of (insert story/gameplay element here)". A game will release, and two months later they're already reflecting on every aspect of it. It's fucking annoying. Also, the Personal Discussion forum is freaky. Like, keep your personal lifes OFF the internet. I just ignore that specific forum, because I'll usually learn that the dude I was discussing Eggman with is a suicidal bisexual who is beaten by their mom and had an abortion. TMI.

lol
yeeaaah.. xD

Well their primary audience is Kids and Teenagers, so I guess that it's not surprising that's the kind of stuff you get over there. I mean there is adults there too, but the ones I know who are adults don't seem to make drama over everything... except some of the mods.. LOL they love to create drama it seems, constantly screaming and cussing at everyone.

I'm glad SEGAbits isn't anything like that, personally.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #2528 on: November 09, 2011, 02:18:32 pm »

Yeah yeah that's right!

*Hits backspace on his personal life issues involving his evil twin from Italy that is secretly the reincarnation of John Wayne*

But no seriously, I left that forum because of that, I had amassed quite a few posts but logic and common sense is often lost on them and I can never agree with most of them who want more storyline in Sonic games. Want plot, go play a damn RPG, failing that, go read a book! I finally snapped when some people were trying to make the Sonic series as some deep routed science fiction, it really is no such thing...

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #2529 on: November 09, 2011, 02:21:47 pm »
@Shadi: Yeah, thank goodness for that.  ;)

I do catch myself arguing with somebody, then I check their age and they're 15 freakin years old. Explains a lot about how the argument started.  8)

@Aki: I mostly frequent the upcoming games forum, as its the best source on the internet (after SEGAbits) for the latest Sonic tidbits.

I also frequent the merch forum as I've gotten into the 20th anniversary classic era figures.

Beyond that, the personal stuff and the fan art section scare me. Though I do drop the occasional 1337 photoshop job for positive rep. It's a nice ego booster.

Off topic: I miss Cube asking members how old they are. :(
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 02:24:30 pm by Barry the Nomad »

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #2530 on: November 09, 2011, 02:37:12 pm »
@Shadi: Yeah, thank goodness for that.  ;)

I do catch myself arguing with somebody, then I check their age and they're 15 freakin years old. Explains a lot about how the argument started.  8)

Off topic: I miss Cube asking members how old they are. :(

I do that a lot on the SEGA forums too, xD then proceed to feel bad about myself arguing with a kid, but end up doing it again anyways XD

BARRY! How old are you?
Aki! How old are you?

xP

That reminds me, the birthday topic has been dead ever since we switched to SMF forum software.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #2531 on: November 09, 2011, 02:41:17 pm »
My birthday is coming up soon, you mean the world won't know about it???!!!

Also, I am turning 17, do you want photos? Cube would want photos.

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #2532 on: November 09, 2011, 02:53:55 pm »
Nah, I'm good

How does one keep themselves motivated? Lack of motivation has been holding me back on many things for lots of years...

Started learning Japanese again just as a way to give myself something to look forward to.. but I'm worried the happiness will wear off eventually and I'll be back to square one.

I keep putting stuff off and it keeps ****ing me over. LOL, yet I keep doing it even though I know it's going to fuck me over.

Offline SEGA_Portuguese

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #2533 on: November 10, 2011, 11:53:04 am »
I do not know if japanese will keep you motivated, but next month i will finish the fifth year of the japanese course and i can tell that i feel very happy for everything i learned. I think will be great for you. Personally, the way i use to keep me motivated is think in my age, lol. I want to do everything i can while i am kind of young, i do not want to look back when i reach 50 years and think, "oh shit, my life is almost over, there a lot of things i still need to do".

My personal thought: makes me angry the shit topic at neogaf where they say that Nintendo must do a Sonic game. If this happen someday, i will not buy. I  got very angry seeing them bash Sonic Team. I wanted to see Sonic Team make a fantastic new ip like Nights and shut up the mouths of this guys.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 11:54:51 am by SEGA_Portuguese »

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #2534 on: November 10, 2011, 09:16:36 pm »
I  got very angry seeing them bash Sonic Team.

Yikes.