Author Topic: Post your current thoughts thread  (Read 1155570 times)

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
Re: Post your current thoughts thread
« Reply #2610 on: January 05, 2012, 04:13:12 am »
I follow Jim Sterling's Twitter feed to check up on some of his articles. I personally feel offended by some of his remarks, namely those that have nothing to do with video games. But what stuns me is that he gets a lot more flak on the subject of video games.

That would be interesting..  ;)
Glad to hear. We have a spot for you on the team, whenever you're ready.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #2611 on: January 05, 2012, 05:34:25 am »
I follow Jim Sterling's Twitter feed to check up on some of his articles. I personally feel offended by some of his remarks, namely those that have nothing to do with video games. But what stuns me is that he gets a lot more flak on the subject of video games.

He is a disgusting and obnoxious individual and I cannot think of one good word to say about him. People like him is what is wrong not just with gaming journalism, but the world in general.

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #2612 on: January 05, 2012, 12:55:08 pm »
It kinda sucks wanting to buy certain entertainment products this year only to find that most of them are SOPA supporters...

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #2613 on: January 05, 2012, 01:01:39 pm »
Bought a silver Canon PowerShot ELPH 300 last month, powered it up and spotted a dead pixel, immediately sent it to canon. It took a month+ to repair, turns out they couldn't fix it so they sent me a new/refurb model. Opened it up, turns out its not silver, it's black. I actually don't mind the black, the finish has a better grip. But still, sorta stupid that they can't send the same color I sent them. Also, stupid that I sent them a day old model, they sent me a refurb.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #2614 on: January 05, 2012, 01:13:51 pm »
Bought a silver Canon PowerShot ELPH 300 last month, powered it up and spotted a dead pixel, immediately sent it to canon. It took a month+ to repair, turns out they couldn't fix it so they sent me a new/refurb model. Opened it up, turns out its not silver, it's black. I actually don't mind the black, the finish has a better grip. But still, sorta stupid that they can't send the same color I sent them. Also, stupid that I sent them a day old model, they sent me a refurb.

Canon has great products. And support here in Europe is excellent. Don't know bout MURRICA though
Sucks that you don't get free returns there. Here all you have to do is go to the store, and change for another one. The store then deals with sending it back to the manufacturer.
SEG4GES

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #2615 on: January 05, 2012, 01:37:52 pm »
Problem was, I bought it via amazon, and tore the thing open, making it hardly return worthy. Took a week for me to spot the dead pixel too, which transferred over to my photos and videos. Figured Canon would be easier to deal with than amazon. Canon was very helpful, guess it was the holiday season that caused the long turnaround time. Only odd bit was getting a different color back. Thank goodness it wasn't the PINK model.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #2616 on: January 05, 2012, 05:22:20 pm »
Took a week for me to spot the dead pixel too, which transferred over to my photos and videos.
Wait, what. If it transferred, then it's not a dead pixel. Must be something much more complex lol

Also, that's my biggest fear with amazon. What if I get a game that doesn't work? I send it back? Just shipping would end up with me paying near double..
SEG4GES

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #2617 on: January 05, 2012, 08:25:58 pm »
Wait, what. If it transferred, then it's not a dead pixel. Must be something much more complex lol

Also, that's my biggest fear with amazon. What if I get a game that doesn't work? I send it back? Just shipping would end up with me paying near double..

I think Amazon sends you a shipping label, but yeah, just too complicated.

The Canon dude told me it was probably a much bigger problem, caused by the lens or whatever magical chip is inside digital cameras.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #2618 on: January 08, 2012, 03:41:35 pm »
Whatever happened to Sega Uranus?

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #2619 on: January 08, 2012, 03:53:18 pm »
Whatever happened to Sega Uranus?

He realised he was living a lie and decided to grow up, read up a few books on quantum physics, figured out how to shot lasers through space and sold his invention to the United States government, he now lives on a Caribbean Island were he is selling recomissioned Mega Drive units.

That and, well, he decided to quit the forums. Or perhaps he is too busy playing some games he got on Steam, one or another.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #2620 on: January 08, 2012, 05:08:37 pm »
I should probably sign into MSN once in a while to catch up again. It's been ages since we came up with another wacky Yakuza spin-off (How about Yakuza: Middle Ages, where Kazuma is a former Knight and has to stop the evil Baron (Goda) from taking over the Kingdom with help from his Warrior Monk friend (Goro)?!)

And yeah, I guess quitting the forums was the obvious answer, I nearly stopped visiting too until Barry was all like 'Yo dawg come back, we can talk about Sega Stuff like we used to'.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #2621 on: January 08, 2012, 05:10:42 pm »
The forums are a better place with you Mademan. Don't quit us! We wouldn't want to quit you!

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #2622 on: January 08, 2012, 06:42:18 pm »
I should probably sign into MSN once in a while to catch up again. It's been ages since we came up with another wacky Yakuza spin-off (How about Yakuza: Middle Ages, where Kazuma is a former Knight and has to stop the evil Baron (Goda) from taking over the Kingdom with help from his Warrior Monk friend (Goro)?!)

How long have you been off MSN?! You're probably going to find a bunch of greetings from me since the last time, I just randomly guess when you might be online!

And yeah, I guess quitting the forums was the obvious answer, I nearly stopped visiting too until Barry was all like 'Yo dawg come back, we can talk about Sega Stuff like we used to'.

It was the curse of Sonic, it was too much for him, but maybe one day in the future... He may return to us as the chosen one, the gamer we deserve, but not the one we need right now.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #2623 on: January 08, 2012, 07:02:41 pm »

Nokia is dead to me now. My Nokia 5530 Xpress just went completely haywire on me, battery doesn't work, charging with or without battery also does nothing, worst of all, my 16 GB micro SD card appears to have been corrupted. I had important files, photos and videos in there, they are gone...

Yesterday, I had a conversation with an old friend, a huge cellphone geek, in which we talked about Nokia's hardware in general. Now I see things his way.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #2624 on: January 09, 2012, 08:45:50 am »
The forums are a better place with you Mademan. Don't quit us! We wouldn't want to quit you!

This :)

And max, to be honest that must be one of the shoddiest Nokia phones ever made. Nokia is rising from the ashes with their new range of phones. Blackberrys and Sony Ericssons are nice too.
SEG4GES