Author Topic: Post your current thoughts thread  (Read 1155384 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: Post your current thoughts thread
« Reply #4065 on: October 15, 2014, 01:12:26 pm »
My Wii-U is sitting at the post office. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be staying back late tonight anyway though, got so much work to slog through hnggggg

Oh well, short week this week.

Offline inthesky

• Total Meseta: 5
  • Altaha Abilia
« Reply #4066 on: October 17, 2014, 04:21:15 am »
I didn't know the situation with your father had gotten so bad Aki-at. =( I hope there is something or someone to help you pull through.

depression has been building up in me the last couple of days. i just. i dunno

i dont keep posting about it here everyday cause it doesnt do any good, but at the same time i find it

i dont know, maybe it's the gray sky today making me feel so bad.

Thing is, everyone suffers from depression, but when your experiencing it you feel like your the only one experiencing it. You have to remind yourself its not just you. So I feel that in a way it's almost selfish to talk about how your depressed when there is probably people you know experiencing similar feelings and just not saying anything. I just got done deleting a post i made on fb. no one wants to see that crap. It's not easy to hold in though, so I find this topic a good place just to vent i guess. even if i don't say much

does anyone else who is depressed feel the same way?

Do not bottle it in, I would say for you and anyone else. enough bottling in and you might not realize when you've bottled in too much, and when you get that agitated just more likely to do things you'll regret later. It may sound dumb, but consider buying a journal or writing regular "diary entries" on your computer. Sometimes you just really need an outlet, and if someone can recognize that they're experiencing hard times or depressive moods I think that expressing oneself can be helpful. I've never been depressed, but I have been...depressive, so to speak. In any case, venting turbulent emotions onto paper or a Word document did help me out and journal-keeping is perhaps helpful for anybody. I felt ridiculous at first but sticking with it and giving it an honest shot, I became more comfortable over time.

If you're wondering about the social part of just sharing your personal troubles in a public space like Facebook, well at the very least, I think the odds are people won't get super invested in it. But of course do share in places that are comfortable
Proud recipient of the second ever Gary Player Award!
I support Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia HD ports!

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #4067 on: October 17, 2014, 01:14:22 pm »
Honestly one of the worst weeks at work, by far. Days like these make me want to walk..
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #4068 on: October 17, 2014, 01:16:07 pm »
Honestly one of the worst weeks at work, by far. Days like these make me want to walk..

Excuse me if you've had to answer this question numerous times but what exactly do you do and why is it awful?

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #4069 on: October 17, 2014, 01:42:12 pm »
Excuse me if you've had to answer this question numerous times but what exactly do you do and why is it awful?

Durability tester at a Nuclear Warhead manufacturer.

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #4070 on: October 17, 2014, 03:22:40 pm »
Durability tester at a Nuclear Warhead manufacturer.

Lol.

I'm an Assistant Operations Manager for a Lighting Wholesaler in California. I wear about 5 different hats. I have to deal with Customer Service Issues, Accounting, HR, and Warehouse. When a rep screws up i have to deal with the bs that comes afterwards. Had a huge freight issue with an account, so i had to get yelled at over the phone. Not fun.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #4071 on: October 17, 2014, 06:00:10 pm »
I wear about 5 different hats.
Is this lingo for something? Or do you really wear 5 hats at the same time?

Because I can see how that would be stressful. You'd look silly.
SEG4GES

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #4072 on: October 17, 2014, 07:53:03 pm »
Haha, no. In the US it's an expression that indicates how many jobs you do. When I say I wear 5 different hats that means I do 5 different types of jobs.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #4073 on: October 18, 2014, 06:46:17 am »
After ios8 has come out, I decided that im done with it. Made the jump towards an android phone and it sure took some time to get used to. But thats also because theres a lot more customization options, which I found to be fantastic! Should have done this a long time ago!

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #4074 on: October 18, 2014, 08:56:44 am »
Oh! Ok Piro! Did not know that lol

After ios8 has come out, I decided that im done with it. Made the jump towards an android phone and it sure took some time to get used to. But thats also because theres a lot more customization options, which I found to be fantastic! Should have done this a long time ago!
Yeah, see you back on iOS in a year's time.
SEG4GES

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #4075 on: October 18, 2014, 10:33:07 am »
Haha, why is that?

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #4076 on: October 18, 2014, 02:34:13 pm »
Android is a great OS. It's just a matter of which kind of experience you prefer on your phone / tablet. iOS is a very consistent and smooth experience because it only runs on Apple devices. Android is more open and on 100's of devices. The downside to that is that UI isn't always consistent depending on what app you are using, and you can sometimes run into compatibility issues. Android also gives you a ton more customization than iOS. It's a matter of what kind of experience you prefer. I don't think one is necessarly better then the other.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #4077 on: October 18, 2014, 03:49:43 pm »
Yeah thats what ive got fron the weeks ive been using it. Apple's ios is very very accesable but also very closed. That was never the issue for me though. I actually liked ios a los alot even without jailbreak. Its just that i dont like how ios 8 isnt any different from 7 yet it seemed to have slowed down the experience and fluidity. It literally looks the same and does nothing more substantial or heavy on the hardware yet it made my iphone 5 slower. I thought efficiency is supposed to be a thing of a well designed OS. Instead apple is playing shitty games with its customers and i imagine losing a lot of them instead or succeeding in their goals in the process as their market share is shrinking. I didnt want to change either but i noticed a trend around me of people making the jump as well. Ios is perfect for non tech savy people tho.

Anyway after screwing around a bit im convinced i should have done this sooner. I like the more open and customizable os. kind of like windows you shouldnt screw with it too much and be a bit careful not adding the wrong software. I already prefer being able to watch youtube clips without being forced to full screen. Being able to read comments anf keep the video playing. Let videos load while doing other stuff. multitasking is much better.

Cons are the touchscreen accuracy, touchscreen reactiontime. color profile(contrast too high but i fixed that a bit) and worse camera images.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 03:58:28 pm by CrazyT »

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #4078 on: October 18, 2014, 05:39:34 pm »
Apple REALLY doesn't want my money.

I was ready to give it to them for a new Mac mini...but the "New" mini is an absolute atrocity of a machine(bar the TB ports).

So I'll just go hackintosh with a Intel NUC instead.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #4079 on: October 18, 2014, 06:05:02 pm »
Yeah thats what ive got fron the weeks ive been using it. Apple's ios is very very accesable but also very closed. That was never the issue for me though. I actually liked ios a los alot even without jailbreak. Its just that i dont like how ios 8 isnt any different from 7 yet it seemed to have slowed down the experience and fluidity. It literally looks the same and does nothing more substantial or heavy on the hardware yet it made my iphone 5 slower. I thought efficiency is supposed to be a thing of a well designed OS. Instead apple is playing shitty games with its customers and i imagine losing a lot of them instead or succeeding in their goals in the process as their market share is shrinking. I didnt want to change either but i noticed a trend around me of people making the jump as well. Ios is perfect for non tech savy people tho.

Anyway after screwing around a bit im convinced i should have done this sooner. I like the more open and customizable os. kind of like windows you shouldnt screw with it too much and be a bit careful not adding the wrong software. I already prefer being able to watch youtube clips without being forced to full screen. Being able to read comments anf keep the video playing. Let videos load while doing other stuff. multitasking is much better.

Cons are the touchscreen accuracy, touchscreen reactiontime. color profile(contrast too high but i fixed that a bit) and worse camera images.

All the cons you listed sound hardware related to me. What phone model do you have?