Author Topic: Post your current thoughts thread  (Read 1155538 times)

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
Re: Post your current thoughts thread
« Reply #4380 on: February 25, 2015, 11:34:10 am »
So it seems that Sega won an award from PC Gamer.
The coveted
"Best comedy pig during a genocide" Award for 2014http://www.pcgamer.com/goty-simulator-2014-the-alternative-pc-gamer-awards/

I take it this is the most prestigious award
SEG4GES

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #4381 on: February 25, 2015, 11:39:41 am »
Me working with a russian doctor for my thesis has taken it's toll on my accent.
SEG4GES

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #4382 on: February 26, 2015, 06:22:47 pm »

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #4383 on: February 26, 2015, 07:27:43 pm »
RIP Youtube.

They took up a huge chunk of users for video streaming. Surprised they haven't tried to do a Netflix type deal or something and have big content creators go behind a Netflix type paywall.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #4384 on: February 27, 2015, 11:04:11 am »
Our CEO has officially been fired. They're going to be passing some more responsibilities onto me and other colleagues. I smell a raise finally coming!

I mean, I feel bad for my ex boss, don't get me wrote, but he shouldn't have been CEO to begin with.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 09:42:47 pm by pirovash88 »
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline JRcade19

« Reply #4385 on: February 28, 2015, 01:57:18 pm »
I made the horrible mistake of attempting to speak with someone over their resistance to vaccinations.

Needless to say it will be something I will not try to do much of in the future.

Offline George

« Reply #4386 on: February 28, 2015, 04:20:51 pm »
Piro, congrats on your maybe to be promotion.

JRcade: Yes! I have a girl that I went to HS with and she was talking about doing this to her kid. I strongly advised her do more research on the matter and pointed the fact that Autism is a new diagnosed thing and thats the reason for the increase and not vaccinations. Shit storm came in and she called me a cunt basically. I swear, people need to sue those people spreading those falsehoods.

Offline inthesky

• Total Meseta: 5
  • Altaha Abilia
« Reply #4387 on: February 28, 2015, 04:56:14 pm »
I made the horrible mistake of attempting to speak with someone over their resistance to vaccinations.

Needless to say it will be something I will not try to do much of in the future.

Eh, I applaud your valor. Though it's not your fault, don't take it too hard, and don't be too discouraged.
Proud recipient of the second ever Gary Player Award!
I support Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia HD ports!

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #4388 on: February 28, 2015, 05:41:01 pm »
Piro, congrats on your maybe to be promotion.

JRcade: Yes! I have a girl that I went to HS with and she was talking about doing this to her kid. I strongly advised her do more research on the matter and pointed the fact that Autism is a new diagnosed thing and thats the reason for the increase and not vaccinations. Shit storm came in and she called me a cunt basically. I swear, people need to sue those people spreading those falsehoods.

This was one of the mist heated arguments that my wife and I had when deciding on whether or not my daughter should get them. My wife was really against it, but I kept telling her that most of the vaccinations are necessities in this State and some schools won't allow your kid to go to school if they don't get them. After a lot of disagreements, she finally gave in and my kid has gotten them all and she's been fine. She's had a fever maybe twice after her vaccinations, but only for a day or so. I would definitely recommend it, I've heard of some terrible cases where children get sick and pass away because their parents weren't responsible enough to take care of their children.

I don't mean to offend anyone if they're against these, but I would rather not risk it with my daughter.

Offline JRcade19

« Reply #4389 on: February 28, 2015, 06:30:46 pm »
Wishing the best for ya Piro! Sorry to be a downer with my own post below hahaha.

But yea, after the first few sentences were something along the lines of:

"If you have the guts to see the truth"
"You should be open to reason and argue fact not emotion"
"You should feel ashamed with gambling with your nieces lives"
"I would never want my kids around a parent who plays Russian roulette with injections"

I was frankly ready to flip the fuck out on this person. I didn't though. I looked at all the articles he posted, showed him how his own articles either contradicted each other or actually linked to studies that contracted the article(misrepresentation) and basically corrected several "facts" pointed out in each.

In typical fashion he brushed off all of my points because I didn't address the numerical data in his links(probably because the text data itself was fraudulent in mots cases), and basically told me that he "hoped I would see the real dangers some day".

So that's enough out of me anyway.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #4390 on: February 28, 2015, 08:57:32 pm »
Don't most public schools force you to have immunizations? My state did, but I guess it makes sense if it's a state by state thing. I can't imagine states like Alabama or Mississippi wanting to force immunizations at a government level, what a communist thing to do! I clearly remember because i absoutely despised needles... and still do, just not deadly scared of them. When I was young I apparently made doctors chase me around a doctors office once for a few minutes cause I didn't want a shot that bad! I apparently ran right out of the room and through the hallways! Lol

Anyway, go kick some inventory ass, Piro! Work hard and I'm sure the higher ups will see you are a good fit for a raise.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #4391 on: March 01, 2015, 09:41:44 pm »
random thought. ive been doing a lot of reading about money recently.

just a random thought that came into my head. if you had to invest all your life savings into one company, what company would you choose?

Offline JRcade19

« Reply #4392 on: March 01, 2015, 11:10:34 pm »
Apple.

Given their margins on products, you can pretty much guarantee that they'll almost always be pulling in some profit. Never mind the loyal base.

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #4393 on: March 02, 2015, 12:12:58 am »
Thanks Will, I'll definitely continue to bust ass!

I'd probably invest in Valve.

Offline George

« Reply #4394 on: March 02, 2015, 02:07:17 am »
Valve is a save choice. Nintendo isn't that bad, Sure their blundering the Wii U but they always have ideas to comeback (see amiibos, new 3DS, tons of games). The real thing is looking for a smaller publisher that has had quality titles and you think will be big.

Investing in a big company even worth it?