Author Topic: SEGA Anime Topic - List & Streams  (Read 273174 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
Re: SEGA Anime Topic - List & Streams
« Reply #1440 on: July 16, 2024, 12:52:57 am »
Puella Magi Madoka Magica Part 1: Beginnings/Part 2: Eternal & SEGA's Dx2 Liberation Collab Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKe7MX4Vg5M

Collaboration with "Puella Magi Madoka Magica: The Movie" is running (July 11 to August 4)!
Enjoy an original Dx2 story! Collab. Event with "Puella Magi Madoka Magica Part 1: Beginnings/Part 2: Eternal"!
Don't forget to check out the awesome goodies we're giving out, including up to 2000 Gems!

Link : https://d2-megaten-l.sega.com/en/collabo/madoka-magica/

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #1441 on: July 16, 2024, 06:15:08 pm »
It's actually understandable.
We're sometimes thinking about things that MIGHT happen and getting afraid of it even though we have no idea what's going to come to pass.

Back then I kinda despised mobile gaming and fear that mobile gaming would replace console and PC gaming.
And yet here I am now ... playing this colab mobile game a lot more than my this year's all of my console gaming hours combined.

To be fair, mobile gaming has gone a bit too big for it's boots, and I never liked how most games were mobile exclusive and never got a release for PC players. I missed out on a few Sonic games because of this.

Offline Berto

« Reply #1442 on: July 16, 2024, 08:47:27 pm »
To be fair, mobile gaming has gone a bit too big for it's boots, and I never liked how most games were mobile exclusive and never got a release for PC players. I missed out on a few Sonic games because of this.

Yeah, that's more the decision from SEGA I think since other publisher already started to have PC version of their mobile games.
Dunno why.
And turned out, Last Cloudia have a Steam version too.

Well, it was too late though since the Sonic colab is over.
I already secured all the three Sonic characters to be playable but new players wouldn't be able to get them.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #1443 on: July 17, 2024, 08:11:16 am »
Yeah, that's more the decision from SEGA I think since other publisher already started to have PC version of their mobile games.
Dunno why.
And turned out, Last Cloudia have a Steam version too.

Well, it was too late though since the Sonic colab is over.
I already secured all the three Sonic characters to be playable but new players wouldn't be able to get them.
My guess mobile games are more profitable.

Offline Berto

« Reply #1444 on: July 17, 2024, 08:40:00 pm »
My guess mobile games are more profitable.

Considering Hatsune Miku / Project Sekai Colorful Stage alone could defeat PSO2NGS then yes, that's even true for SEGA.

Offline Berto

« Reply #1445 on: July 17, 2024, 08:43:54 pm »
Demon Slayer -Kimetsu no Yaiba- Sweep the Board! | Multiplatform Launch Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYIsDtdJZHI

PLAY DEMON SLAYER KIMETSU NO YAIBA SWEEP THE BOARD! WITH EVERYONE!

THE ANIME DEMON SLAYER: KIMETSU NO YAIBA TURNS INTO A BOARD GAME!
The iconic landmarks from the anime Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, such as Mount Fujikasane and Asakusa, will appear as boards! Roll the dice to advance through the squares! The board has a daytime and nighttime period. During the day, you will play events and mini-games to prepare for the night, where you will be searching for demons to defeat - aim to become a great Demon Slayer swordsman!

TAKE CONTROL OF THE ICONIC CHARACTERS!
Players can choose from their favorite characters including Tanjiro, Zenitsu, Inosuke, and the nine Hashira! Nezuko, who cannot be active during the day, appears as a support character to help the players throughout the game!

Link : https://demonslayer-sweeptheboard.sega.com/

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #1446 on: July 21, 2024, 08:20:51 am »
Considering Hatsune Miku / Project Sekai Colorful Stage alone could defeat PSO2NGS then yes, that's even true for SEGA.
I think PSO2NGS sort of "went wrong" when it tried to be more freemium than it was before NGS. PSO2 was fun to play because the freemium content didn't felt force and you can just play the game as it is. Now it's an open-world game but I gave it up because I felt more restricted in it than before.

Offline Berto

« Reply #1447 on: July 21, 2024, 10:44:57 pm »
I think PSO2NGS sort of "went wrong" when it tried to be more freemium than it was before NGS. PSO2 was fun to play because the freemium content didn't felt force and you can just play the game as it is. Now it's an open-world game but I gave it up because I felt more restricted in it than before.

It was not profitable enough before NGS, that's why they are changing into what it is right now.
It's certainly suceed (in term of profit) but not nearly as what SEGA wanted to.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #1448 on: July 22, 2024, 08:34:27 pm »
It was not profitable enough before NGS, that's why they are changing into what it is right now.
It's certainly suceed (in term of profit) but not nearly as what SEGA wanted to.
It wasn't profitable enough, sure, but it was still fun. I didn't felt pressured or incentive to spend IRL money or use of it's freemium services, I didn't felt lacking or behind over it. But now NGS feels more about it than before and not as fun as it was.
I find it hard to believe PSO2 had ongoing conventions in Japan and how popular it was. Would you say NGS weakened its reputation as a popular MMO in Japan?

Offline Berto

« Reply #1449 on: July 23, 2024, 12:21:48 am »
It wasn't profitable enough, sure, but it was still fun. I didn't felt pressured or incentive to spend IRL money or use of it's freemium services, I didn't felt lacking or behind over it. But now NGS feels more about it than before and not as fun as it was.
I find it hard to believe PSO2 had ongoing conventions in Japan and how popular it was. Would you say NGS weakened its reputation as a popular MMO in Japan?

No, you must remember that the time release of Phantasy Star Online 2 was different between Japan and the west.
PSO2 was released in 2012 in Japan, when it's still stood out as a best MMO compared to other MMOs at that time, a freaking ten years before western version released.
That's why Japanese fans welcomed NGS since it's a very big update more than one decade after the game was released.
Eventhough OG PSO2 was still popular, NGS was still really necessary to keep PSO2 relevant to Japanese players.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #1450 on: July 23, 2024, 06:09:26 pm »
No, you must remember that the time release of Phantasy Star Online 2 was different between Japan and the west.
PSO2 was released in 2012 in Japan, when it's still stood out as a best MMO compared to other MMOs at that time, a freaking ten years before western version released.
That's why Japanese fans welcomed NGS since it's a very big update more than one decade after the game was released.
Eventhough OG PSO2 was still popular, NGS was still really necessary to keep PSO2 relevant to Japanese players.
How do the Japanese fans feel over NGS?

Offline Berto

« Reply #1451 on: July 24, 2024, 12:29:29 am »
Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis Global collab with the TV anime Shangri-La Frontier starts on August 21!

Log in during the collab period to get acrylic stand-style Build Parts of Sunraku, Psyger-0, Arthur Pencilgon, and OiKatzo as Login Bonuses!
The Shangri-La Frontier AC Scratch Ticket is also available from August 21!
This is your chance to get avatar items for Sunraku, Psyger-0, Arthur Pencilgon, and OiKatzo, along with voice chat stamps, Weapon Camo, and other collab items!
Details are in the pic!

Source : https://x.com/play_pso2/status/1815727412010758277

Offline Berto

« Reply #1452 on: July 24, 2024, 12:31:42 am »
How do the Japanese fans feel over NGS?

So far it's still mostly positive. May be because of NGS always have colaboration with favorite anime every month.

Offline Berto

« Reply #1453 on: July 25, 2024, 12:27:42 am »
SONIC & FRIENDS - Deliver to you ~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5uTqP6a4L8

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #1454 on: July 25, 2024, 10:48:04 am »
So far it's still mostly positive. May be because of NGS always have colaboration with favorite anime every month.
True. Perhaps it just doesn't resonate well outside of Japan.