Author Topic: SEGA at E3. Predictions?  (Read 14620 times)

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
SEGA at E3. Predictions?
« on: May 09, 2014, 06:34:29 am »
I honestly don't know what to expect from SEGA this year.

I am guessing ATLUS will show off most of their Persona games of course, but SEGA wise....I am unsure.

Yakuza 6? Phantasy Star Nova?

Do you guys know what they'll show?
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: SEGA at E3. Predictions?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 07:36:42 am »
Likely Sonic Boom for Wii U and 3DS as well as Alien Isolation. Perhaps a few surprises too? Like more SEGA Heritage releases?

Offline fernandeath

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 09:26:58 am »
I'd follow Barry's direction.
Although I'd replace the "few surprises" with "One surprise".

In the past few years not only Sega but all the others companies did not surprise us because all of their lineups leaked days/weeks before the show.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 09:28:33 am by fernandeath »

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 09:48:09 am »
Sonic Boom, Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f 2nd and Alien: Isolation are a given.

Some 3DS classic titles too I'd imagine. We know that the Creative Assembly team that developed Rome II is free but probably too early to reveal their next title, there is the Total War: Arena game but I'm unsure if they've already showed that off? Perhaps they'll announce their Warhammer game here?

Relic was developing another title alongside Company of Heroes 2 but after SEGA's purchase I'm unsure if they've cancelled it or not. Finally there is the fabled Phantasy Star Online 2 that people hypothesize Relic might be gearing it up for a Western release.

Looking at their Japanese studios, Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio is making a new title but that would probably be unveiled at TGS, Sonic Team is busy with the next mainline Sonic game I'm sure but I doubt they'll show off anything so not to harm Sonic Boom's chances, AM2 is busy doing updates to Boarder Break and Shining Force Cross but perhaps there is an outside chance of showing off Virtua Fighter 6. Other bets would be Phantasy Star Nova but I could only see it coming over here if Sony helps with publishing/financial incentives.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 11:43:40 am »
Sonic Boom, Alien Isolation and I don't expect anything else.

Has Sega revealed anything in the last 5 years or so at E3? Usually they just show us the same stuff we've seen already, MAYBE a new trailer.

Having said that, I am actually interested to see how Sonic Boom and Alien are shaping up, but I'm not expecting anything like Yakuza or VF. I imagine Yakuza is now dead in the west forever, and that VF will be revealed for arcades first in Japan rather than a console-centric show.

Offline Kuronoa

• Segalization
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 05:13:48 pm »
Really want a localization.  Sega is only going to lose more fans and becomes hard to talk about Sega games when everybody is mad at them.

Offline Deefy

• Total Meseta: 6
  • SupporterOfSEGA & F.C.Internazionale
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2014, 08:34:30 pm »
In my opinion Aki has expressed perfectly what SEGA will be able to really show at the E3, while I expect that a good portion of the efforts by the company will be dedicated to the Atlus side, although I imagine that such titles, or the greater part of them, at least initially remain foreclosed to Europe.
SEGA STYLE

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2014, 09:34:34 pm »
Maybe we'll find out more on Guilty Gear Xrd?

Offline Kuronoa

• Segalization
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2014, 07:50:59 am »
Maybe we'll find out more on Guilty Gear Xrd?

I think Aksys would get the home version over Sega, based on the last couple releases.

Offline fernandeath

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2014, 08:50:14 am »
Sega needs to promote Alien: Isolation at E3 as their major title in the past few years.

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2014, 07:32:52 am »
Hmmmm, not seen Bayonetta 2 all that much in presence, so will we see more of that with a Western Release Date?

Some very good posts in thus thread as well.

How about that comment on celebrating 20 years of the Virtual On series? Thinking they may mention it at E3 or TGS for some reason...

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2014, 07:38:30 am »
How about that comment on celebrating 20 years of the Virtual On series? Thinking they may mention it at E3 or TGS for some reason...

I completely forgot about that! Anyway seeing as how SEGA celebrated Virtua Fighter's anniversary, which is to say little fanfare outside of cameo appearance, I'm not sure we should hold our breath for Virtual On.

That being said I would love if stuff like Virtual On, Jet Set Radio etc were developed as B tier titles by SEGA and made for PSN/XBLA/Steam etc I think we've seen with the indie revolution that there is a big appetite for these types of releases but only Ubisoft (And Sony?) seem to have latched onto the idea.

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2014, 08:00:30 am »
Sega needs to promote Alien: Isolation at E3 as their major title in the past few years.

They've been heavily promoting it already, far more than Sonic Boom.

Anyway, outside of already announced stuff, I wouldn't expect too many new games. SEGA hasn't really revealed much at E3 lately. We can probably also expect new trailers for the English versions of Persona Q and Persona 4 Arena Ultimax. Nintendo will also no doubt show Bayonetta 2 on their Nintendo Direct-like thing.

Offline inthesky

• Total Meseta: 5
  • Altaha Abilia
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2014, 01:31:14 pm »
I really don't expect any surprises either, certainly not any new titles we aren't already aware of.

Hmmmm, not seen Bayonetta 2 all that much in presence, so will we see more of that with a Western Release Date?

Sega is mum on Bayonetta, you'd probably have to wait to hear from Nintendo's stream.

I think Aksys would get the home version over Sega, based on the last couple releases.

Yeah I agree. They've been handling (although arguably not all that well) a new patch for Accent Core, so Guilty Gear is pretty solidly Arc System Works in the future. Plus, their response to the Wii U Xrd petition probably seals the deal.
Proud recipient of the second ever Gary Player Award!
I support Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia HD ports!

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2014, 05:36:30 pm »
I completely forgot about that! Anyway seeing as how SEGA celebrated Virtua Fighter's anniversary, which is to say little fanfare outside of cameo appearance, I'm not sure we should hold our breath for Virtual On.

That being said I would love if stuff like Virtual On, Jet Set Radio etc were developed as B tier titles by SEGA and made for PSN/XBLA/Steam etc I think we've seen with the indie revolution that there is a big appetite for these types of releases but only Ubisoft (And Sony?) seem to have latched onto the idea.

Haha! I only remembered because I loved what I played of that series. :D

I doubt it'll get another game in the franchise, but I like to hope, you know?

Ubisoft? Do you mean Child of Light? I was interested in that title but wasn't into the whole "Duluxe Edition" thing where you get physical items but the game is Digital.

I've been looking at the SKUs in that financial report, and it does sadly seem like most of them will be filled with games we already know, but I am hoping we get a surprise or two from it (Nova Western release for me!).

The safest guess of a "surprise" is likely another "All Stars" game, given we've had almost 18 months since the last game's release and the pattern of the games being announced is usually between 2 to 3 years.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 05:38:53 pm by Nameless 24 »