Author Topic: i bought sega pico  (Read 7881 times)

Offline semmie

• Banned
i bought sega pico
« on: September 09, 2012, 04:58:47 am »
hello all sega billyboys :P

yesterday i got my sega pico. and i am astonished how good the games are. ok yeah its not for my age. i only have

winnie the pooh
pocahontas
mickey mouse
ecco jr

why didnt i know that there was such a thing. really my daughter could learn so much from it. the games are not difficult and easy to understand yet at the same time there is plenty challenge. i wonder why that there are just a few games i can find on ebay. id like to have sonic the hedgehogs gameworld. cant really play that on emulator since the sega pico plays with the pen plus the cartridge that has a book attached for sensoring.

my opinion aboyt this console is that it is a shame to ignore it. u can still buy it on ebay and i can give u guarantee that ur sons and daufghters will like it. and maybe u as well ::)

Offline semmie

• Banned
Re: i bought sega pico
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 11:05:49 am »
does anyoone know if my pal pico can play ntsc as well?

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 11:51:37 am »
Not many people actually own the pico I think, but it'd be great if you could share your experiences with us. Got any video's or pictures to share with us?

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 07:34:51 am »
I own a Pico, as well as Sonic's Game World and Richard Scarry, but my pen doesn't work. I know a place where I can get a Pico for cheap, but I never really felt the urge to get another. Maybe when I hit a period where there are no games/movies coming out and I have a little extra cash to burn.

I think NTSC can play JP games, but not sure about PAL.

You should def pick up Tails and the Music Maker and Sonic's Game World.

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 12:14:27 pm »
I own a Pico, as well as Sonic's Game World and Richard Scarry, but my pen doesn't work. I know a place where I can get a Pico for cheap, but I never really felt the urge to get another. Maybe when I hit a period where there are no games/movies coming out and I have a little extra cash to burn.

I think NTSC can play JP games, but not sure about PAL.

You should def pick up Tails and the Music Maker and Sonic's Game World.

there are plenty pens o ebay. even now. i cant give u the link cause id ont know the forum policy wether it is permitted to do so. and they are cheap as well.

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 12:14:59 pm »
Not many people actually own the pico I think, but it'd be great if you could share your experiences with us. Got any video's or pictures to share with us?

give me some time and ill make some pics ;)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 12:44:17 pm »
there are plenty pens o ebay. even now. i cant give u the link cause id ont know the forum policy wether it is permitted to do so. and they are cheap as well.

Its fine to share links like that, just not stuff like links to pirated software or leaked stuff.

But anyway, I considered replacing the pen, but to be honest my Pico is half a country away at my parents house, so shipping it plus a new pen would be the same price as a new Pico. Also, I think my Pico is pretty crappy, lots of scrapes on the outside. So I'd prefer getting one that doesn't look beat up.

But thanks!

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2012, 04:02:39 am »
hello all i have a sega pico with
richard scarry
winnie the pooh
pocahontas
tails
ecco jr
magic crayons
lion king
mickey mouse

all the games still have the original box and manual. except 3
look at the pics and ull see

ill sell it for cheap. but u have to pay the send costs yerself

100 euro ill post pics very soon. this pico has an official sega scart cable. and doesnt have one scratch and looks new. one minus point is that itdoesnt have the box anymore.

the reason why i put it away is cause i have 2  . mines has sonic and i feel content with it :)
the first one to pm me wins the item. i dont do bids so if someone bids 110 i wont sell it. the basic rule is the first to pm me is the winner.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 04:11:40 am by semmie »

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2012, 04:16:56 am »

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2012, 11:31:19 am »
Those pictures are lovely :). Awesome stuff semmie

Offline semmie

• Banned