Author Topic: reached the sega top  (Read 6881 times)

Offline semmie

• Banned
Re: reached the sega top
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2012, 11:22:53 am »
Are they?  ???

it is told to me by someone of sega europe that whenever they evaluate they minitor the forums. i actually mailed the dude and he said that because of this behaviour on the web they basically found out that one of the hottest topics concerning sega was

new sega console
shenmue
skies of arcadia

and dont laugh a lot of people want silver the hedgehog back in a sonic game.

so basically i asked him in all sincerity if a new sega console would be possible. and he never replied the negative. what he said is that it is possible and it is considerd a lot at sega,s they alk about it once in a while and monitor and wait for the time wether it be a good time to start or not.

he stayed very formal tho
the moral of the story is that it is possible but you might wait for a long time or maybe youll wait forever.
but the thing is this discussion never really vanished from sega

so that why i ask is it really true?
cause to me that contadicts what is said. ill PM you with the names of sega co. be kind not to give it to others

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2012, 02:44:21 pm »
because sega may not be rich. but they are in the zone where their statistics go well
yes its slow but well
yes a console may be a risk. but it depends on how you adapt

come on rojm
u see the ouya lately. and they basically started from scratch trough kickstarter

i wanna add that sega does actually consider to make a console and they talk about this once in a while

Come on nothing. I use to be a shareholder(technically i'm still am) In Sega, believe me they don't have the money for a game system, its too much money because of who is involved nowadays(and it looks like there will only be two major players in that market in the future) and the investors won't take the risk.

I don't know how it is called, I think it is "investors" ? Whatever... back on the Dreamcast era, Isao san has saved up Sega with his own money, but, the banks/investors managed to make Sega signing a document where says that Sega will NEVER make a new home console again.

Even with money Sega CAN NOT make a new console nevermore.

No they didn't do anything like that. I will admit Sega will find it hard to find investors for a new system though but then before they never had to really rely on the investors to create one. Technically Sega still creates hardware with their arcade boards which is the closest thing to a "console" us Sega fans are going to get.  But i forget the arcade market isn't as strong in the states as  it use to be. :'(

Now when Sammy brought Sega or should i say forced Sega into that merger, with the money Sammy was making they could have easily turned their attention in creating a console. The Sammy money, like it or not made a lot of games possible even though certain games never got the chance to materilise (SHENMUE ONLINE) But  Sammy caught the bug the old Sega had. They wanted to be more than just a games company. They wanted to be like Disney and become some great entertainment company. Their choice of investments proved that but unlike before  it didn't even take off properly. It failed once big style back in the nineties and it failed again under this new regime mainly because of Japanese mismanagement and business mentality. Plus things just are n't rosy for SegaSammy anymore. The consumer division is projected to make a lot of losses because of the transition to digital, Arcade is unstable may see profits may not and the Sammy side of things may see a boost but even that's a bit unstable.

Offline STORM!

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2012, 02:31:15 am »
Come on nothing. I use to be a shareholder(technically i'm still am) In Sega, believe me they don't have the money for a game system, its too much money because of who is involved nowadays(and it looks like there will only be two major players in that market in the future) and the investors won't take the risk.
No they didn't do anything like that. I will admit Sega will find it hard to find investors for a new system though but then before they never had to really rely on the investors to create one. Technically Sega still creates hardware with their arcade boards which is the closest thing to a "console" us Sega fans are going to get.  But i forget the arcade market isn't as strong in the states as  it use to be. :'(

Now when Sammy brought Sega or should i say forced Sega into that merger, with the money Sammy was making they could have easily turned their attention in creating a console. The Sammy money, like it or not made a lot of games possible even though certain games never got the chance to materilise (SHENMUE ONLINE) But  Sammy caught the bug the old Sega had. They wanted to be more than just a games company. They wanted to be like Disney and become some great entertainment company. Their choice of investments proved that but unlike before  it didn't even take off properly. It failed once big style back in the nineties and it failed again under this new regime mainly because of Japanese mismanagement and business mentality. Plus things just are n't rosy for SegaSammy anymore. The consumer division is projected to make a lot of losses because of the transition to digital, Arcade is unstable may see profits may not and the Sammy side of things may see a boost but even that's a bit unstable.

Hmm... the story about Sega being forced to sign that documment is very old; but you know how Japanese people threat another people who made a (big) mistake.

Look at where Yu Suzuki is now (just for an example).

I was not happy with Sammy "buying" Sega at that time, but I knew they had money, a lot of money, and on that time Sammy was crazy about turning into a big games company; they even have bought Dreamcast board to make a new arcade board (Atomiswave) and I was expecting them to make a new console with Sega... but Sammy never did it.

I think it was because Sega has had signed a lot of deals with Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo before Sammy coming up to save them. On the beginning Sammy also has gave Sega all the power to do whatever they wanted with the consumer games division (maybe it was theirs main mistake?).

Some people says that Sammy was killing Sega, cutting all the oldest and iconic persons from the old Sega, but if you take a look at theirs history, looks like they never worked together, and there was no one to control everything inside Sega.

Now even Sammy has no money like before, but oddly, it was Sega consumer packaged titles who saved them this year. For 4 consecutive years there were rumors about Sammy interested on "selling" or "shutting down" Sega's consumer division completely. Now I hope they change their minds!

With Sega Networks now, I think they will not change their minds anymore, though.