Author Topic: Sega in war with their own fans.  (Read 11813 times)

Offline STORM!

• Total Meseta: 15
Re: Sega in war with their own fans.
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2012, 07:34:29 am »
  It's sad to see that Sega has no love for theirs own history and legacy. Shining series was originally made by Climax and Sonic (Software Planning), but despite the fact of these names, they were 100% hired by Sega, Sega employees! Shining series is 100% Sega.

Tsuyoshi Sawada has blocked me on all oficial Shining related tweeter accounts, but (just to bully me) has added me at only one account: the Shining Goods account.

He also has blocked "moogie", that girl from Shining Force Central right after discovered that I had added Shining Force Central on my tweeter account... he said she was my "buddy" against him. Detail: I HAVE NEVER HEARD ABOUT moogie till that time! :o

They have found her facebook page and posted it on 2ch. They were also looking for informations about me and yet said that "Sega has put me on the company's black list" as "enemy of Sega".

I don't need to say how it was a heartbroken for me since I spent lots of money on buying everything Sega since my childhood. I have bought all Shining games, I have bought all Sawada's Shining games, all of them special editions, pre-order editions, first press editions...

Shining Blade was the first game of the series I have not bought.

Another issue that has allowed him going so far was the fact that Nagoshi Toshihiro was protecting him inside Sega. Shimosato Itou, who has also worked on Shining Force 3 and made Shining Force Neo, Exa and Feather, was also forced to allow him continuing working on the Shining series, since his games have failed on sales (Feather was the last one...). Shimosato is the true chief there, but Sawada is the one in charge of the Shining series now.

Looks like Sawada tried to stop on some way the arcade game Shining Force Cross, but this time, and only this time, Sega has stopped him.

Some japanese fans were attacking him on the net, and they have atributed the attacks to the former Shining series designer: Tamaki, from Shining in the Darkness and Shining Force. Some time has passed and more fans attacked him; this time they atributed the attacks to "pako", the character designer for Shining Force Exa and Feather.

Looking the net post, you can see clearly that Sawada is not alone, and the people who worked on his games (the external studios hired by Sega) are always prepaired to attack whoever is talking about the old and original (and the BEST) Shining series.

Oh, yeah! Like I said before, they are looking this forum too.

The original writer for the Shining series was called back and has returned on the remake of Shining Force for the GBA; on that time Sega has said they would work together for a long time till now. He was never called back again... and he has tweeted about it on his oficial tweeter account. Of course Sawada's team attacked him on 2ch. The only good thing about this was that he has revealed that Camelot had on plans to show that the world of Shining was linked with our world, the real world.

Sawada has used this plot (on a pretty badly way possible) on Shining Wind...  :-\

Some rumors said he (or another person inside Sega) has planned a new Sakura Taisen game with Tony as character designer; Sakura Taisen series was "destroyed" by Naka Yuji a long time ago, but the series still strong, and it's probably the most disturbing series from Sega after Shenmue. The plan with Tony on charge was quickly screwed up and never came true, but Sawada has used the "LIPS SYSTEM" from Sakura Taisen series on Shining Hearts (again, on a pretty badly way).

More rumors said he was afraid about Valkyria Chronicles fans thinking about he was the one that has ruined the series, since the developers of Valkyria Chronicles series were removed from it and put on charge to develops new Shining series games. Of course Sawada is giving a shit for Sakura Taisen series or Valkyria Chronicles series.

He also tried to make Maxima (the main heroine from Shining Blade) to be the Sega's next super female character, and get her own game (and replace Bayonetta?), but for some reason she has never made it up....and had to share her "main character position" with a (weirdo) male character.

I think he wants badly to be Sega's most successful RPG creator, since he has not changed the plot of Shining Blade even when Rieko Kodama was using basically the same thing on 7th Dragon 2020. Both games were revealed and got released almost the same time.

Rieko Kodama is the only one original creator of Phantasy Star who stills on Sega, and one of the most old and iconic persons on the Sega's history, and again they will release both games at the same year.

I hope she wins (lol) this "battle", since Sega is only allowing sequels to games that sells more than 200k, 250k copies now. They said that Sega has allowed her to do whatever she wanted on the development, like the times when Sega was a hardware holder.

What a f*cking long post I did! Long time has passed since I posted something like this :P

I really hates what they are doing with Shining series, and I REALLY hopes someone does something about this, and these hatable things Sawada is doing with Sega and Shining worldwide communities goes to the front page of all major games sites from all the net!

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2012, 07:52:49 am »
I really hates what they are doing with Shining series, and I REALLY hopes someone does something about this, and these hatable things Sawada is doing with Sega and Shining worldwide communities goes to the front page of all major games sites from all the net!

They have and are, however no one really knows the cause on the major gaming sites. They need someone from the Japanese community to explain what is going on. But SEGA is getting pretty bad PR from banning this Shining fan videos (Including one youtube user who has a million subscribers being threatened and has removed all SEGA videos from his account and said he will not post any SEGA news anymore, PR disaster from SEGA)

Doubt though SEGA Japan is aware of the damage this crusade against Shining fans is having on their sales, they just have their hands in the sand unfortunately.

Offline Kori-Maru

• Total Meseta: 9
  • AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2012, 10:09:46 pm »
Holy crap STORM! that was a powerful post. That Japanese guy doesn't sound to great and I would rather have Kōsuke Fujishima to continue the artwork for the Sakura Taisen franchise.

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site

Offline Sieghardt

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2012, 11:44:25 pm »
small update

it would seem people who counterclaimed got their videos back, without contest from sega, this lends further credence to the idea that is is one person abusing the account they had access to.

Offline STORM!

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2012, 02:04:13 am »
small update

LOL! I have just posted on 2ch about Sega hunting Shining series fans on youtube yesterday and now this.

Well done! :P

I hope everybody continues supporting the great Shining series again! It has entered the 100 best games list of EDGE magazine, was not?