Author Topic: What are you playing, stupid?  (Read 732031 times)

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
Re: What are you playing, stupid?
« Reply #1575 on: October 01, 2011, 05:47:19 pm »
I started replaying Onechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad.

I'm not in the mood to replay RE 4 right now... so...

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #1576 on: October 01, 2011, 09:01:26 pm »
Data East Arcade Classics for Wii! :^D

Saw it every time I went to the local Gamestop, but it was always $19.99 used. Finally dipped to $13 so I grabbed it despite a 5/10 review from ign. Once again, ign proves they suck as this is an awesome collection! Yes, it's not 16:9 and yes it's not as good looking as an HD collection release, but the games play great and it has Heavy Barrel which is one of my favorite NES games. So cool to play the superior arcade version. Also, Burger Time is pretty great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJizFgKjZjg

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #1577 on: October 02, 2011, 12:10:31 am »
I beat the single player campaign for Killzone 3. I like the new environments. The last boss was waaaaaaaaaaayyyy easier this time around than part 2. The score was pretty good, the ice and stealth stages where among the best.

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #1578 on: October 04, 2011, 08:53:17 am »
I've beaten Resistance 3.
It's a bit odd, after the huge scale in Resistance 2, to have the sequel seem so scaled back. It works in the context of the story, but it just wasn't quite what I was expecting.
There were a few great moments in the game, but a lot of it didn't blow me away. I think this one will grow on me more over time.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #1579 on: October 05, 2011, 03:33:27 am »

I'm still on Onechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad, it's one of those games that I previously shelved because I got so frustrated at one point that I gave up on it.

And it's not hard to understand why. Whoever made the localization did a very poor job, the game manual is worthless, barely anything about the game is explained, most of the time you have no clue on where to go and what to do, in the earlier portions of the game.

But once you get past that, it's a somewhat enjoyable experience. It's one of those guilty pleasures in gaming.

Offline tarpmortar

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #1580 on: October 05, 2011, 06:53:29 am »
ALPHA PROTOCOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline SOUP

« Reply #1581 on: October 05, 2011, 08:00:00 am »
I beat the main story in LittleBigPlanet 2 with my girlfriend last night.
Overall, it's a huge improvement over an already fun game. The music's pretty fantastic too.

Next up, I'll play through some community levels, and make some more progress in Catherine :D.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #1582 on: October 05, 2011, 01:15:39 pm »

Finished Onechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad today. Honestly, it was pretty enjoyable. The first 8 chapters are a serious issue because you end up being stuck early on since you have no idea where to go and what to do. If the Angry Video Game Nerd ever wanted to play a game that's like the old NES games, namely the ones that where you need a serious guide this would be the one.

Like I said before, it's a gaming guilty pleasure and it's also pretty easy to plough through, the zombies save for a few of them don't really put that much of a fight, as a matter of fact, only the ones that carry actual firearms put up an actual fight.

Some boss battles are good, the zombie whale boss fight is probably the only one that's mildly creative, other than that, it's dodge, hit, dogde hit.

This is nowhere in the same league as Bayonetta, but as a budget title it looks OK. This is a 2006 game and the visuals have not aged well at all.

Worth checking out.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #1583 on: October 06, 2011, 07:45:42 pm »
I'm playing Gran Turismo 2. Trying to do everything with a CRX and barely anything else.
SEG4GES

Offline max_cady

« Reply #1584 on: October 07, 2011, 04:22:06 am »
I'm back to Resident Evil 4.

Making some good progress thus far. I haven't played Resident Evil 5 in a while, but in comparison, RE 5 just seems so much easier than this game. Stages are much larger and there are way more enemies. Aimining is a little twitchy. I which the Leon could actually stab or stomp enemies that are in the ground, it would help a lot.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #1585 on: October 21, 2011, 03:09:55 pm »
I beat the first Professro Layton game after starting it a couple years ago.
I've started up the second one (Diabolical Box), and I'm still playing through Catherine on the PS3.

Hopefully I'll be done Catherine by the time Uncharted 3 comes out.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #1586 on: October 21, 2011, 06:22:13 pm »
Got a lot of catching up to do...

First, I finished Resident Evil 4 HD, first off, yes it is an excellent game and unlike RE 5, there's actually a whole lot more that you can do. You see RE 5 you just walk through a linear path to get from point A to point B, most of time anyway... RE 4 is a little more complex, it almost feels like a huge open world game where you explore a ton of stuff and even do a few sidequests. There's tons to do there and the replayability is off the charts.

I felt that even in easy mode, the game can be very tough, some boss fights are pretty hard and even some enemies later on are very relentless and scary, though, the end boss, Saddler, for some reason, is a complete f***ing joke. The fight with Krauser is one of the higlights.

The game's light on puzzles, but there's a lot of variety.

The plot, well, it's kinda weird, you would never guess in a million years this was a Resident Evil game, because it's so far off the beaten path, it feels like a completely different game that happens to star Leon, a beloved character from RE 2. And occasionally too silly, the President's daughter getting kidnapped would've caused an international incident. But only one man is sent.

It's part horror, part Michael Bay shennanigans.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #1587 on: October 23, 2011, 09:19:04 pm »
Duke Nukem Forever.

The game is such a mess, but almost every second of it I loved - No joke! It has some really weird frustration and some awfully designed sections (the first section of The Mighty Foot is laughable and the boss in the water is SO HORRIBLE ARRURURRGHHS), but truth be told I was smiling pretty much the whole way through. For whoever is really into the game industry, you can see a lot of elements from almost every year of development in there, it is really interesting. Going to beat it again on hard and get a few more achievements.

I have a lot of free time to myself before Sonic Generations comes out, so I set up a bunch of games I want to beat that have been shelved, like Crimson Skies (brilliant game), Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (which I also hear is great), 3D Dot Game Heroes and a few others. The time will just pass by before I know it probably.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #1588 on: October 24, 2011, 02:01:26 pm »
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory is probably my favourite game on the original Xbox. Hope you enjoy it, let me know what you think of it!

Offline max_cady

« Reply #1589 on: October 24, 2011, 04:37:05 pm »
I kinda took a short break.

I finished up 007 Bloodstone just recentely. Good game, I might add. Nothing earth-shattering, but nice to be James Bond por 6 hours.
Recentely finished RE 4, as I said a few days ago.

I've started to get into Guardian Heroes HD and might revisit Space Channel 5:Part 2, something to hold me over till Sonic Generations.