Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
I've been tempted to start up Shenmue 2, but after the HD rumors surfaced, I think I'm going to wait.
Gaming / Re: What are you playing, stupid?
« Last post by pirovash88 on September 18, 2017, 10:01:17 pm »
My VR copy arrived yesterday. Is it really over 50 hrs long? Holy shit.
« Last post by max_cady on September 18, 2017, 07:19:47 pm »

Clocking at a good 55 hrs, I've come to Valkyria Revolution's end. Not giving anything away, just that the ending was a bit of a tear jerker. I'm not going to bash critics or anything, I just think VR is probably one of SEGA's most underrated and misunderstood games this year. Like I mentioned before, it had the Resident Evil 6 problem. It's clear that SEGA wanted to use some elements from Valkyria Chronicles in a much more action RPG oriented fashion, but focus groups and early demo reactions mentioned that game was much too different from it's cousin, so to speak. Hence this strange hybrid that takes a while to get used to but perfectly playable. And pretty fun once you. Use of magic, in the form of weaponized ragnite makes pistols and rocket launchers almost useless, but they still serve a purpose in combat. Characters are clichéd, true but varied enough that I care  not to have them die on me.
TGS in a few days time. So, I'm guessing if there's anything, it'll be said here.
http://www.dreamcastlive.net/blogs/post/Monaco-Grand-Prix-Online-Is-Revived/

Shuouma is back with another online game resurrected! This time it's Monaco Grand Prix Online (or Monaco Grand Prix: Racing Simulation 2: Online if you want the ridiculously long official title). This is a version of Monaco Grand Prix that was released exclusively in Europe and added online multiplayer. It's actually a very rare game so you may need to break out the CD-R spindle if you want to give this one a go.

The game features 17 tracks, two modes, and supports up to six players. The modes include both single race and championship. The latter will likely appeal most to hardcore fans of the game as it can take up to an hour to complete. The game also has online leaderboards so if competing for the fastest time on any given track is your thing, this should appease you.

This server is still a work in progress so there may be some bugs that have yet to be squashed. Also some features such as the online rankings are not yet implemented. Regardless, Monaco Online will make a nice addition to the Dreamcast's online library, especially for simulation racing enthusiasts. Be sure to send a thank you to Shuouma for expanding the Dreamcast online gaming library once again!

If you'd like to jump online for some high-speed simulation racing, be sure to check out the Connection Guide  for instructions on how to connect.
General SEGA Discussion / Re: SEGA Games List - 2017
« Last post by Berto on September 17, 2017, 10:03:10 pm »
Added Border Break Zero Plus and PopoloCrois: Narcia’s Tears and the Fairy’s Flute.

Links :

1. Border Break Zero Plus : https://sega.jp/product/borderbreak_x_zero_plus/
2. PopoloCrois: Narcia’s Tears and the Fairy’s Flute : http://segabits.com/blog/2017/09/15/sega-unveils-popolocrois-narcias-tears-and-the-fairys-flute-for-smartphones/
« Last post by Shun-Di on September 14, 2017, 08:31:00 pm »
Firewatch

Am I missing something here? I don't quite understand all the praise this game has got as it felt very light on story and content. Sure, it looked pretty and started by hitting the right notes for a big absorbing story, but it just seems to fizzle out at the end to a really generic explanation. Sure, it's still decent, but nothing more then that I'd say.

You know what's really good though?  The Firemen for Super Famicom.  Other than that, maybe Backdraft for Sega CD?  :p
General SEGA Discussion / Re: Sonic 25th Anniversary - Offical Topic.
« Last post by Shun-Di on September 14, 2017, 08:27:46 pm »
https://youtu.be/Yxu7M4hWsyQ

I think the games shaping up to be decent. My only real concern is just a suspicion that the acts might be quite linear instead of multi pathed like Mania and Generations. I don't know why, but I can see them being linear because they've got three versions of each act - classic Sonic, Modern Sonic and the avatars. If what you say is true about infinte plucking old enemies out of time, then I guess that explains why Classic Sonic is there to an extent...he might of got plucked out by accident or something.

the levels do look linear even in the 3D stages.  But I am happy to see more story.   It sorta resembles old modern sonic, that aint a bad thing.  But gameplay just looks like run, attack a group of enemies, run, grab a bunch of rings, run, ect.  pretty basic.  But whatever, this is for the kids.  :p 
« Last post by Shun-Di on September 14, 2017, 08:23:12 pm »
Your neighbors harass you on a daily basis?
Why???

i live in the ghetto.  i can't even invite people to my place for games n junk.  used to be able to. 
« Last post by Tad on September 14, 2017, 11:55:29 am »
https://youtu.be/Yxu7M4hWsyQ

I think the games shaping up to be decent. My only real concern is just a suspicion that the acts might be quite linear instead of multi pathed like Mania and Generations. I don't know why, but I can see them being linear because they've got three versions of each act - classic Sonic, Modern Sonic and the avatars. If what you say is true about infinte plucking old enemies out of time, then I guess that explains why Classic Sonic is there to an extent...he might of got plucked out by accident or something.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10