Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General SEGA Discussion / Re: Should Yuji Naka Return To Sonic?
« Last post by itsstillthinking1999 on November 17, 2017, 12:12:09 pm »
All good ideas! While i never hated forces like other people (I think people are over reacting to be honest) and have also enjoyed the boost gameplay i think its time to try something new. The only issue is that Sonic Team already tried that with Lost World and while i did enjoy the game, i think the issue most people had is that it lacked a solid structure and again did the "nostalgia" pandering of Generations with little original ideas. Whatever happens i hope that the next game is a step up from forces and having the "Big" three on the next project would not be a bad idea. While the gaming landscape has changed alot since Naka and the rest of the group have worked together, i think the results would be good if they did some work together.
General SEGA Discussion / Re: Sonic 25th Anniversary - Offical Topic.
« Last post by Team Andromeda on November 17, 2017, 05:09:03 am »
Overrated doesn't mean a game is rubbish or bad. Case in point.. Sonic Adv II, not a bad game at all, but one that was vastly overrated at the time and was reviewed at the time when Sonic and Sonic Team had a lot a street cred.

Another game that was vastly overrated was Donkey Kong Country on the Snes and was very much like Sonic where people loved it more for its simple gameplay and ace gfx.

General SEGA Discussion / Re: Sonic 25th Anniversary - Offical Topic.
« Last post by Berto on November 17, 2017, 04:18:45 am »
Just something I edited for the Facebook group.

General SEGA Discussion / Re: SEGA Games List - 2017
« Last post by Berto on November 17, 2017, 03:32:57 am »
Added Lost Dimension for PC on Atlus' Legacy.
Release date : October 30, 2017
Published by  Ghoslight LTD.
PS3 and PS Vita version has been published by Atlus on July 28, 2015.

Source : http://store.steampowered.com/app/626600/Lost_Dimension/
General SEGA Discussion / Re: Good Sega games & reviews
« Last post by Berto on November 15, 2017, 08:36:22 pm »

Total War: WARHAMMER II
(PC)

The second in a trilogy and sequel to the award-winning Total War: WARHAMMER, Total War: WARHAMMER II brings players a breathtaking new narrative campaign, set across the vast continents of Lustria, Ulthuan, Naggaroth and the Southlands. The Great Vortex Campaign builds pace to culminate in a definitive and climactic endgame, an experience unlike any other Total War title to date.

Wccftech - 9.5 of 10
IGN - 9.1 of 10
Hobby Consolas - 9.5 of 10

CGMagazine - 9.5 of 10
Hooked Gamers - 9.5 of 10
PC Gamer - 9.2 of 10

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth
(3DS)

Etrian Odyssey V chronicles the quest of a new adventurer as he or she attempts to reach the crown of the towering Yggdrasil Tree. For it is said that whoever braves the dangers of the dreaded Yggdrasil Labyrinth and reaches the summit will have their greatest wish fulfilled. Each culture has their own myth, some say great power will be granted, others believe the great mysteries will be solved. Some believe the ultimate techniques can be mastered there, and a number believe the lost treasures can be found at the top of the Yggdrasil Tree's boughs. There's a reason why no one has ever reached the top. Dangerous creatures and terrifying FOEs roam the labyrinth on every floor, so prepare to test your mettle with challenging turn-based battles. Form your own party and partner up to unleash devastating attacks. Personalize your party to work to your advantage. With endless character customization, adventurers will cast and create their own party from four unique races and ten different classes to explore the uncharted labyrinth.

Nintendo Life - 9 of 10
Cubed3 - 9 of 10
Nintendo Life - 9 of 10

ZTGD - 9 of 10
The Games Machine - 8.8 of 10
Digitally Downloaded - 9 of 10

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Sonic Forces: Speed Battle

(iOS, Android)

SEGA and HARDlight should be applauded for their efforts in the mobile space. Rather than cheapening the brand, their Sonic titles have provided quality mobile gaming experiences for years now, and Sonic Forces: Speed Battle is no exception. Those looking for a more hardcore, competitive racing experience will likely find its design unaccommodating, but for everyone else, Speed Battle is an engaging and robust racer worth sinking some time into.

User Review (iOS) - 4 of 5
User Review (Android) - 4.5 of 5
TSSZ News - 8 of 10

Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth
(PS Vita, PS4)

Forced to flee Yamato’s idyllic Imperial Capital, Haku and his friends now seek safety in the rural nation of Ennakamuy, only to find that nowhere is truly safe from the dark conspiracies they uncovered together.

RPGamer - 9 of 10
Hardcoregamer - 8 of 10
Good is Geek - 8.5 of 10

Sonic Forces
(PS4, XBox One, PC Switch)

In Soviet Russia, Sonic plays you. In Japan, Sonic's surprisingly got good scores. Not for the rest of the world, though.
Experience fast-paced action as Modern Sonic, catapult past perilous platforms as Classic Sonic, and use powerful new gadgets as your very own Custom Hero Character.

Famitsu scores : 9 / 9 / 9/ 8 [35/40]

Rock of Ages 2: Bigger & Boulder
(PS4, XBox One, PC)

The greatest rock-racing, tower defense, art history game is back! Like the title says, Bigger & Boulder cranks up the surrealism and gameplay with chaotic 4P multiplayer, new time periods, and improved graphics, physics, and destructibility powered by UE4 to be, well… BIGGER AND BOULDER

Digitally Downloaded 9 of 10
COGconnected - 8.9 of 10
Hardcore Gamer 8 of 10
Gaming Age - 9.1 of 10

Ristar Classic
(iOS, Android)

Discover totally different worlds and new creatures on each planet! Battle strange beings who aren't always what they seem! Shoot through a variety of gameplay! Action, puzzle and strategy combine to challenge Ristar at every turn.

TouchArcade - 8 of 10
User Review (iOS) - 4.3 of 5
User Review (Android) - 4.5 of 5
General SEGA Discussion / Re: Should Yuji Naka Return To Sonic?
« Last post by OriginalName on November 15, 2017, 07:02:32 pm »
I think it'd be more effective to bring back Naoto Ohshima, because the core problem the team has seems to be figuring out just what the hell Sonic is and why people liked the games in the first place, just from a presentation level. That's honestly the main issue the series is facing -- figuring out how to present itself. Yuji Naka would be a great benefit though, because he has a mind for physics in programming, and I could see that aptitude being good for leading a team of programmers on a Sonic game. If I'm being honest, I think the unsung hero of the original Sonic Team was Hirokazu Yasuhara, the director and lead game designer for the Genesis games. I love Sonic CD, but his absence was sorely missed on that game and it shows in comments on its level design to this day.

The point I'm really trying to get around to is that Sonic Team found an incredible balance of talents and visions that came together to form a cohesive, brilliant unit. The current situation is a mess. I have a tendency to blame Takashi Iizuka because I think he has a lot of bad ideas, but the problem is much more complicated than that because game design is far more complicated today than it was when Sonic Team was formed. So in terms of fixing the gameplay... I'm not sure, but the gameplay really isn't all that bad. The issue is with presentation and direction.

Get everyone together and have them watch the Sonic OVA, go back to the roots and reacquaint yourself with the environmental story-telling of the Ohshima-centric Sonic CD and the original Sonic 1 level order (the settings originally went from least to most industrially developed but was changed around because Labyrinth was a bad second Zone), get input from Hirokazu Yasuhara and Mark Cerny, and COMMIT to going back to the roots and move forward organically from there. The "new" Sonic has been a failed experiment. And that's fine -- it happens in a creative field, and it even made a couple of good games, but the half-measure of reminding us that there was a version of Sonic that wasn't over-complicated, was visually unforgettable, had universally liked character design, had meaningfully implemented gameplay hooks, has not aged, and can still be relevant... and then presenting it as a gimmick side-product is missing the point by a mile.

Go back and commit to that Sonic. That's not a gimmick. That's your product, that's your legacy, that's what you need to live up to.
General SEGA Discussion / Re: Sega in the Charts
« Last post by Berto on November 15, 2017, 05:58:14 pm »
Made it to Top 20 Media Create Sales of Japan, but these sales number were rather dissapointing.

Media Create Sales: Week 45, 2017 (Nov 06 - Nov 12)

01./02. [NSW] Super Mario Odyssey # (Nintendo) {2017.10.27} - 73.315 / 652.284
02./01. [PS4] Call of Duty: World War II # {2017.11.03} - 67.044 / 235.368
03./05. [NSW] Splatoon 2 {2017.07.21} - 23.130 / 1.318.138
04./00. [PS4] Need for Speed Payback {2017.11.10} - 20.964 / NEW
05./08. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe {2017.04.28} - 14.027 / 802.472
06./07. [PS4] Assassin's Creed Origins {2017.10.27} - 11.051 / 82.742
07./06. [PS4] ARK: Survival Evolved {2017.10.26} - 10.253 / 103.800
08./04. [3DS] Girls Mode 4 {2017.11.02} - 9.650 / 41.826
09./03. [PS4] .hack//G.U. Last Recode # {2017.11.01} - 6.659 / 68.475
10./00. [PS4] Sonic Forces {2017.11.09} - 5.938 / NEW
11./00. [PS4] Occultic;Nine # {2017.11.09} - 5.846 / NEW
12./12. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild # {2017.03.03} - 5.498 / 634.850
13./10. [PS4] Gran Turismo Sport # {2017.10.19} - 5.439 / 182.440
14./00. [NSW] Sonic Forces {2017.11.09} - 4.686 / NEW
15./00. [PSV] Occultic;Nine # {2017.11.09} - 4.595 / NEW
16./00. [PS4] DJMax Respect # {2017.11.09} - 4.376 / NEW
17./11. [PS4] Taiko Drum Master: Drum Session # {2017.10.26} - 4.002 / 39.925
18./14. [NSW] Pokken Tournament DX {2017.09.22} - 3.862 / 115.691
19./09. [3DS] Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux # {2017.10.26} - 3.533 / 74.180
20./16. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf Amiibo+ {2016.11.23} - 3.085 / 267.322
General SEGA Discussion / Re: Potential Projects
« Last post by NiGHTSDrEAMS on November 15, 2017, 08:52:57 am »
Yeah but what's getting me hyped is that if they let him take control of remaking these games, SEGA could have a decent comeback. Plus who knows what else they can come up with if they do these projects and it really takes off.
General SEGA Discussion / Re: What if Disney bought SEGA?
« Last post by NiGHTSDrEAMS on November 15, 2017, 08:42:56 am »
Lucasarts was closed and all games cancelled.

That's true but I figured that would only be temporarily. Plus Star Wars was more known for the movies than games, (but I loved the games as much as the next person) but SEGA is a gaming company, so I'm pretty sure that Disney wouldn't stop them from making games. If anything I think the funding from Disney would help SEGA.
General SEGA Discussion / Re: What if Disney bought SEGA?
« Last post by Team Andromeda on November 15, 2017, 02:16:47 am »
Lucasarts was closed and all games cancelled.

To be fair though, that was already happing before the Disney buyout. Not that Disney have a great record after what they did to the likes of Climax
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10