Author Topic: Bentley Jones Teases “So Much More” Remix  (Read 16794 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: Bentley Jones Teases “So Much More” Remix
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2015, 10:24:27 am »
Never take Mademan's posts seriously, got it!

When it comes to me making exaggurated claims about how bad Sonic Racing is, sure. I don't need to have everyone jump on me and defend the game each time I say I declared war on Israel because of how bad it was.

Otherwise, I am trying to explain my points and be civil, especially in regards to  why I didn't want to play Sonic Racing, and especially in why I didn't enjoy Sonic Generations and stopped playing. I took the time to write my thoughts down and explain it to you.

Offline Moody

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2015, 10:29:00 am »
Doesn't mean we can't dispute your points.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2015, 10:38:11 am »
Doesn't mean we can't dispute your points.

Exactly my point, please respond to my points instead of making a one-liner in response:

Never take Mademan's posts seriously, got it!

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2015, 11:17:38 am »
I and others have been responding for 3+ pages, but then you play the "I'm only joking" card and admit you have hardly played the games and take the "eh, they're just not my thing" route. By that point, I see no reason to put so much energy in replies to you on this topic.

Also, this topic was about a So Much More remix (ugh) to begin with, so maybe it's best we disperse and let it drift to the bottom of the forums. :P

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2015, 11:31:12 am »
I and others have been responding for 3+ pages, but then you play the "I'm only joking" card and admit you have hardly played the games and take the "eh, they're just not my thing" route. By that point, I see no reason to put so much energy in replies to you on this topic.

And after you and Moody responded I gave a legitimate explanation to why I didn't want to play Sonic Racing and the problems I had, as well as explaining why I stopped Sonic Generations. I was miffed because you basically ignored it and just said "I won't take your posts seriously".

The 'I was joking' was only because you were taking the argument too seriously about the gameplay mechanics rather than the problems I had with the game overall and why I didn't want to play it in the first place. It wasn't meant to be a 'brush off all my arguments', others echoed that the game has pretty poor selection of IPs and unoriginal elements overall. I was trying to explain why I dislike the game despite the fact that it's apparently a decent Kart Racer underneath.

So Much More was just the final thing that made the game seem like a bad joke in my eyes :p
(Did Bentley ever do more work for s

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2015, 11:33:26 am »
I think once AAUK left SEGA, Bentley Jones no longer did any work for them. He was one of Jones' major supporters, also its funny how So Much More is so tucked away. Only plays briefly in the cup ceremony (without vocals if I recall) and over the credits which I think it only after 100% completion or just viewable in the menus.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2015, 11:48:23 am »
It was terrible they got Bentley Jones to do the theme in the first whilst the actual SEGA legend Mitsuyoshi was relegated to, well, nothing. At least he's the commentator in the Japanese version of Sonic & Allstars Racing Transformed.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2015, 11:56:30 am »
It was terrible they got Bentley Jones to do the theme in the first whilst the actual SEGA legend Mitsuyoshi was relegated to, well, nothing. At least he's the commentator in the Japanese version of Sonic & Allstars Racing Transformed.

For once it's SEGA Europe's fault for something!

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2015, 12:33:29 pm »
For once it's SEGA Europe's fault for something!

Yes but America gave us Danica Patrick. So we win again Barry-kun : 3

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2015, 12:47:43 pm »
Yes but America gave us Danica Patrick. So we win again Barry-kun : 3

Danica Patrick is Sega DNA, just like Football Manager and Shogun (also featured in the game).

EDIT: Before jimmies get rustled, I should point out I actually thought that Football Manager & Shogun being in the game was a really nice touch.

Wreck it Ralf & Yogscast or whoever can fuck right off though.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 12:56:37 pm by MadeManG74 »

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2015, 01:14:56 pm »
Danica Patrick is Sega DNA, just like Football Manager and Shogun (also featured in the game).

EDIT: Before jimmies get rustled, I should point out I actually thought that Football Manager & Shogun being in the game was a really nice touch.

Wreck it Ralf & Yogscast or whoever can fuck right off though.

Wreck it Ralph was a good idea too I felt, Sonic and Robotnik is in the movie, kids will watch the movie, it's decent crosspromotion.

Danica Patrick was a horrbile mistake. And after finding out about the type of people Yogscast crew I, I have my reservation on them. The only good thing was it was done for charity, so I cannot completely hate the idea I guess.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2015, 01:23:16 pm »
I'm not arguing marketing monies, in terms of that, sure, whore out the game however you can. I'm just saying I didn't like their addition because it kind of cheapens the game in my mind, all the 'guest' characters.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48