Author Topic: New Star Wars trailer...  (Read 46512 times)

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
Re: New Star Wars trailer...
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2014, 06:50:56 am »
Again as I've told ROMJ,blah blah blah

What part of i'm done with you and you're silly argument don't you understand?

Dude... dude! So what if the author was unsure if it would be in the new canon or not? In the end the LFL story group approved the book and proclaimed that it is a part of the new canon. Tarkin is just as canon as A New Dawn, Rebels, The Clone Wars, Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir, and the films. The author's opinion does not impact the canon status, there is no debate to be had. Tarkin is canon.
Sorry but if the writer isn't sure than i'm not buying it. He wouldn't say that if Lucasfilm told him for sure that it was canon..so just saying that doesn't make sense Barry..since they comissoned the book there would be no doubt that it was canon..but now he is saying he's not sure. Logic prue and simple.And the logic of certain fans astounds me. A million clone troopers in ten years when the war only went on for three years is impractical. Unlike some people who can't use their logic..a million wouldn't even cover a small country on this planet let alone some made up galaxy..and then add in the loss of life..there was NO way in hell that..they would rely on that number of troopers without speeding up the process.And as was described they had a huge army for the grand republic which meant there would have to be a sizeable ammount of clones mass produced to even cover the galaxy. So relying just on recruiting alone wouldn't even cover half the galaxy. But what the hey some of you guys think the prequels are actually good..

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2014, 10:16:48 am »
And the logic of certain fans astounds me. A million clone troopers in ten years when the war only went on for three years is impractical.

Battle of Geonosis = 22BBY
Clones first being produced = 32BBY
200,000 + million reserve

Clone wars 22BBY-19BBY

Can you not do basic math? Apparently not.

Unlike some people who can't use their logic..a million wouldn't even cover a small country on this planet

So you're talking about yourself then.

The United States Military has 1.3 million active service members and has a global presence. If it doesn't have a base in your country, it definitely has one near it. It's called Power Projection. Look it up.

So reality check. You lose again.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 10:19:45 am by JRcade19 »

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2014, 01:04:19 pm »
Yea, with modern advancements in technology you can pretty much dominate a whole planet with little more than a million troops.
SEG4GES

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2014, 02:15:59 pm »
Sorry but if the writer isn't sure than i'm not buying it.
This is an argument of author's intent and it's affect on a work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_the_Author

Offline ROJM

« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2014, 08:33:51 am »
blah blah blah..i'm an idiot who haven't a clue on what i'm on about..quote people out of context..said they only need a million..when its mathematically impossible to do that..i can't count..yippee..

Now pis off kid..i don't have the time for a lunatic like you...How's that for a reality check? You know the SAME one which said i was FINISHED with talking to you? But is that offical disney canon?

Offline ROJM

« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2014, 08:34:41 am »
Yea, with modern advancements in technology you can pretty much dominate a whole planet with little more than a million troops.

According to idiots its sanctioned by Disney..so its canon because Disney said so..because don't you know..Disney made Star Wars from the very beginning according to idiots like JA...

Offline ROJM

« Reply #66 on: December 10, 2014, 08:35:52 am »
This is an argument of author's intent and it's affect on a work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_the_Author

One day there will be no need of authors for they will be cloned..and they will be able to write a story off the bat....either that or get a machine to do it....

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #67 on: December 10, 2014, 09:16:16 am »
One day there will be no need of authors for they will be cloned..and they will be able to write a story off the bat....either that or get a machine to do it....

But the rebels destroyed the writer cloning vats?

I must say, I'm surprised how heated this discussion is getting.

Offline JRcade19

« Reply #68 on: December 10, 2014, 09:16:44 am »
I love the smell of victory in the morning before finals.

Ta ta now, don't hurt yourself.

Offline JRcade19

« Reply #69 on: December 10, 2014, 09:20:01 am »
I must say, I'm surprised how heated this discussion is getting.

It's not a discussion.

I've pointed out time and time again numbers and events from movies, TV shows and one new Novel, all of which are canon to support myself.

He's basically been doing nothing but repeating arguments from Incredulity this entire time and outright dismissing my arguments with no counter and childish quote fixing.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 09:21:42 am by JRcade19 »

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #70 on: December 10, 2014, 09:58:38 am »
Guys, try not to make multiple posts in a row. If you want to add something, edit your latest post. If that option is unavailable, I'll talk to Will.

On the discussion itself, ROJM brushing off canon because an author wasn't in the know about the new canon (can you link to interviews where this is stated, not that it has sway on Tarkin being canon, just curious) or because Disney now owns LF is getting ridiculous. It's just a childish approach to the whole discussion. Fact is, Kathleen Kennedy and the LF story group made the decision to clean up the canon and shift all but the movies, CG TV shows, and comics and novels starting with Son of Dathomir and A New Dawn respectively to the non-canon Legends designation. This fact cannot be disputed. We are not discussing Mega Drive sales numbers, we're discussing a fictional property where it has been stated time and time again what is canon and what is not.

At this point, we are arguing against ROJM's head canon, which he can happily enjoy on his own, but really should not be passing off onto us as fact. I personally like to think the Tales short story collections (Cantina, Bounty Hunters, Jabba's Palace), Darth Plagueis, the 2D animated Clone Wars cartoons, and the Ewok movies are canon but I know that is not the official stance. Still, I keep them in my personal canon until they are contradicted. That does not mean, however, that I'm going to try and tell you all that Charal from The Battle for Endor has a connection to the Witches of Dathomir or that Bib Fortuna ended up with his brain in a jar.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 10:00:25 am by Barry the Nomad »

Offline ROJM

« Reply #71 on: December 10, 2014, 10:12:33 am »
It's not a discussion.

I've pointed out time and time again numbers and events from movies, TV shows and one new Novel, all of which are canon to support myself.

He's basically been doing nothing but repeating arguments from Incredulity this entire time and outright dismissing my arguments with no counter and childish quote fixing.

No you haven't i pointed out that the numbers were wrong in the first place..you like the simpleton dog you are(yes i called you a dog) went into a tizzle and starting going all over the place.I tried to end it by walking away yet you still keep Fing persisting.Again it goes to show whsat's wrong with the generation of today...no logic..and more hormones than they can handle..

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #72 on: December 10, 2014, 10:13:35 am »
I personally like to think the Tales short story collections (Cantina, Bounty Hunters, Jabba's Palace), Darth Plagueis, the 2D animated Clone Wars cartoons, and the Ewok movies are canon but I know that is not the official stance. Still, I keep them in my personal canon until they are contradicted. That does not mean, however, that I'm going to try and tell you all that Charal from The Battle for Endor has a connection to the Witches of Dathomir or that Bib Fortuna ended up with his brain in a jar.

I'm with you on that one Barry, I've done it with one my favourite films Terminator 2. I don't care if the sequels said Judgement Day is inevitable, I liked how Terminator 2 ended with the sacrifice of a machine that saved the future of humanity. I'll take the alternate ending as "canon." even though I full well know that the series has now consistently spit out that Judgement Day will always happen. But dammit my own personal canon won't allow that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EarXngYYlw

Uncle Bob saved us all. The End.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #73 on: December 10, 2014, 10:23:37 am »
Guys, try not to make multiple posts in a row. If you want to add something, edit your latest post. If that option is unavailable, I'll talk to Will.

On the discussion itself, ROJM brushing off canon because an author wasn't in the know about the new canon (can you link to interviews where this is stated, not that it has sway on Tarkin being canon, just curious) or because Disney now owns LF is getting ridiculous. It's just a childish approach to the whole discussion. Fact is, Kathleen Kennedy and the LF story group made the decision to clean up the canon and shift all but the movies, CG TV shows, and comics and novels starting with Son of Dathomir and A New Dawn respectively to the non-canon Legends designation. This fact cannot be disputed. We are not discussing Mega Drive sales numbers, we're discussing a fictional property where it has been stated time and time again what is canon and what is not.

At this point, we are arguing against ROJM's head canon, which he can happily enjoy on his own, but really should not be passing off onto us as fact. I personally like to think the Tales short story collections (Cantina, Bounty Hunters, Jabba's Palace), Darth Plagueis, the 2D animated Clone Wars cartoons, and the Ewok movies are canon but I know that is not the official stance. Still, I keep them in my personal canon until they are contradicted. That does not mean, however, that I'm going to try and tell you all that Charal from The Battle for Endor has a connection to the Witches of Dathomir or that Bib Fortuna ended up with his brain in a jar.

I know what happened with the canon revision. But its strange for the guy to say that. anyway the issue isn't even about Tarkin...i said its not canon you say it is..i gave my reasons you gave yours..the real argument was about the numbers OF THE CLONE ARMY AND THE IDIOT BACKTRACKING ON THAT NUMBER DENYING IT COULD EVER HAVE BEEN A HUGE ARMY AND THEN PRATICALLY DISMISSING THE NOTION THAT THE EMPIRE COULD NOT POSSIBLY EVEN FILL THE VOID OF THAT ARMY WITH THE RECRUITMENT PROGRAM. Its logic pure and simple..a billion or so wouldn't be enough. So an idiot who can't use logic and maths to apply to it..especially when the company and GL who made the films made the mistake in the first place and explained it that the Stormtroopers were clones which he estabilshed in the special editions..and now they're rewriting that AGAIN..but weith a flimsy explanation...goes to show that some are just willing to follow the leader without actually questioning it.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #74 on: December 10, 2014, 10:26:42 am »
I'm with you on that one Barry, I've done it with one my favourite films Terminator 2. I don't care if the sequels said Judgement Day is inevitable, I liked how Terminator 2 ended with the sacrifice of a machine that saved the future of humanity. I'll take the alternate ending as "canon." even though I full well know that the series has now consistently spit out that Judgement Day will always happen. But dammit my own personal canon won't allow that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EarXngYYlw

Uncle Bob saved us all. The End.

You just have to see how the other Terminator films have been since then. T2 clearly ENDED the story with or without the delated/edited scene..and now because of greed they're trying to continue a premise which clearly has no continuation. It failed with T3(which i didn't necessarly not liked) TSalvation..and that awful tv show...goodness knows how this film is going to be..Arnie should give it up and go back to Conan..Although white hair Terminator Arnie will prolly make a good toy..