Poll

do you want a sega console

YES.
3 (100%)
Yes but i only buy if its succesfull
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: a new sega console is more then possible  (Read 17566 times)

Offline semmie

• Banned
Re: a new sega console is more then possible
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2012, 05:17:59 pm »
Just release a $89 Dreamcast emulator pre-loaded with about 10 games and the ability to play OG Dreamcast discs.

sounds good. but there is always the emulator. id like sega to avoid re releases. not that it is bad cause i enjo sonic adventure on the psn.
the concept of having a console is great

imagine the commotion when people would hear that the new sega all star racing would only be on the sega console. my brother made up this idea and just imagine that this super populair game would be on a shiny black sega console? people would buy it for sure.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2012, 02:31:21 am »
You are severely over-estimating the appeal of Sonic.

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2012, 04:52:34 am »
You are severely over-estimating the appeal of Sonic.

its a fact that sonic and mario are a demanded type of game.

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2012, 09:56:30 am »
Ideally, I think we all would want another Sega console.  But pragmatically, I think most of us realize that Sega is better off now as a third party publisher.  The business has changed dramatically in the last decade, and is continuing to change.  I personally think this next generation of consoles is going to be the last.  After this we are going to see gaming become less focused on specific platforms and more universally experienced on phones, tablets, and streaming devices.  It's almost easier for me to envision game publishers as having "channels" that we select through our devices in the future, rather than being tied to specific sets of hardware.  Also, manufacturing consoles in small batches like you suggest would be way more expensive than a mass production run.  Manufacturers depend on large quantities to get price breaks on parts. 

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2012, 07:14:52 am »
Sega should design and manufacture a car that can jump like in Crazy Taxi 2. Think about it guys, you know I'm right. Also it can play Mega-Drive games on the dash board and comes pre-loaded with Streets of Rage 1 and 3, but not 2.

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2012, 11:14:36 am »
Sega should design and manufacture a car that can jump like in Crazy Taxi 2. Think about it guys, you know I'm right. Also it can play Mega-Drive games on the dash board and comes pre-loaded with Streets of Rage 1 and 3, but not 2.

lol iknow your joking on me its ok ;)
but i just want to show some optimism

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2012, 07:31:41 am »
I don't want a new Sega console, I like their new found PC presents. I like having their games on Steam and I think that the more people who get to play Sega games the better why restrict it to one console.
Well a new console wouldn't affect their PC games releases. It didn't when Sega was releasing consoles.
I feel whats happened in the last decade especially in the last two years kinda strenghens the argument that Sega definatly needs to create their own home system again.

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2012, 02:23:59 pm »
Well a new console wouldn't affect their PC games releases. It didn't when Sega was releasing consoles.
I feel whats happened in the last decade especially in the last two years kinda strenghens the argument that Sega definatly needs to create their own home system again.

did u read the latest news about sega reforms on gamespot? they are well able to make a console. they are just thinking of when. 20122013 would be ideal

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2012, 10:55:19 am »
did u read the latest news about sega reforms on gamespot? they are well able to make a console. they are just thinking of when. 20122013 would be ideal

Sega wouldn't make a new console for the same reason they didn't back in 2002. There's too many players in the console market right now. Until one of the big guys drops out(which isn't anytime soon) it wont be viable to make a new Sega system and believe you me, Sega isn't really in any position to spend R+D on many big games let alone a new game system.

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2012, 05:35:11 am »
Sega wouldn't make a new console for the same reason they didn't back in 2002. There's too many players in the console market right now. Until one of the big guys drops out(which isn't anytime soon) it wont be viable to make a new Sega system and believe you me, Sega isn't really in any position to spend R+D on many big games let alone a new game system.

the whole thing i sthat you dont have to litteraly compete with the others.
do u even know why megadrive was succesfull besides having a good nintendont marketing?
i think you dont.

the sega was a whole different thing then nintendo. sega hadother games then nintendo. you wouldnt find immortal on the snes. those games like mega lo mania only on the genesis megadrive. in fact the whole set up of nintendo against sega and the ther way around was not necessary cause sega fans were a whole different people. you could see it in the clothes they wear and the way we talked.

sega was someone else and a select company.
and sega was loyal they made games even when psx was out allrady yet sega genesis still came with some games remembering fifa 98 i played that one badly.
ok fifa aint a select game but i just want to give the point of loyalty.

this is why up untill this day people love sega. they were so good that the love would never end.
thats how good they were.

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2012, 09:58:25 pm »
just to reply to  mu own thread.

i spoke to sega and they explained to me that they monitor all sega forums and actually evaluate all that is said here and in other sega forums
and they even mention the new sega console.

this is the hope i can give :)

so hopefully they will consider

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2012, 03:04:20 am »
ull say what i said on other forum. i sense a lot of flaws in discussions amongst the fans. i mean no lies but flaws. everybody speaks the truth but the opinions addes to the truth make the facts blur or look like deceptive facts. which are not facts when combined with opinions

I notice errors and dont get me wrong. but if it is actually true that there are arcade hardwares of sega around and they actually make profit. then surely it wouldnt be a big step to make a console since the base and the patent is allready set.

its like naomi and out of that came dc
why wouldnt that phenomena called ringedge ringwide lindbergh or any other hardware newest in the market today can be converted into being a console.
which leads to the 100.000 unit ^plan of mine. and then after when that goes well to produce more then 100.000

just in babysteps you know what i mean. whats the rush for anyway. sega makes games allready. and in the background sell units and see how that works. honestly i dont buy that : not enough money argument. yes they have profit and a profit is always good. and maybe it is just enough to survive the sega department. and with that little cash. ( we call it little) but we talk about millions. and these millions in terms of a big department is not much.

but seriously think about it
and plese n retro consoles. or ouya shizzle as much as im desperate that i would even buy an ouya alike sega console. it be better to have their own thing

but to get back to focus on it; sega allready has the hardware. and we allready know that ringedge ringwide even had a joypad with it. so whats the big step into making a hardware that is in a box of the arcade halls into bringing it to the crowd.

ps3 phat was big. and they dot have to miniature it. ill be fine having that big box on my case. saturn was big. but it never failed me
my psx failed me my ps2 failed my ps3 ylodded me my xbox360 went ashtray my newer xbox360 doesnt read disc no more
and guess freaking what By Allah the allmighty i am not lieying
ALL MY SEGA STILL WORKS.
OK YEAH BATTERYS GET EMPTY but that batterys and replace it and done.

sega is actually very near to be ble to make a console. i only suggest the 100.000 unit start. this carefull pproach will burn like fire to all countrys like nero did.
and like waves of oceans ambushing the sahara making it have plants again.

go figure guys its true sega can do it

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2012, 03:28:06 am »
Just release a $89 Dreamcast emulator pre-loaded with about 10 games and the ability to play OG Dreamcast discs.

That's what I've always thought was a cool idea.  A Dreamcast / Saturn / Sega CD Emulator that lets you play your SEGA discs on a PS3 / 360 / PC or Mac.  Of course digital download titles too.

Offline Mengels7

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2012, 11:07:01 pm »
Sega's in too deep as a third party.  They'd never try and stab their partners in the back and make a console that competes with them.  Making a niche console with exclusives while still making games for others would be pointless.  It would fail remarkably.  Sega isn't nearly successful enough to consider jumping back into the hardware market. They lost.  The ONLY company who could -maybe- conceivably do such a thing would be EA.  They have enough killer games that a system they were exclusive one could take off to some degree.  Sega doesn't have shit other than Sonic, and that's nothing compared to Madden or Fifa or Mass Effect.

Sorry pal, I like the optimism but it just won't happen.  They won't do it.  They're smarter than that.

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2012, 12:27:27 pm »
Sega's in too deep as a third party.  They'd never try and stab their partners in the back and make a console that competes with them.  Making a niche console with exclusives while still making games for others would be pointless.  It would fail remarkably.  Sega isn't nearly successful enough to consider jumping back into the hardware market. They lost.  The ONLY company who could -maybe- conceivably do such a thing would be EA.  They have enough killer games that a system they were exclusive one could take off to some degree.  Sega doesn't have shit other than Sonic, and that's nothing compared to Madden or Fifa or Mass Effect.

Sorry pal, I like the optimism but it just won't happen.  They won't do it.  They're smarter than that.

with all respect but you sing the same song as many
u forgot to mention that sega doesnt only do games. sega is a games company but not only in games for consoles

1. for consoles
2. for pc
3. for handhelds(which u can put on console category if u like)
4. arcade halls. ( big profits)
5. toys and all kinds of accesoires
6. phones ( yes also phones)
7.games for ios and android

so this is not EA. this is Sega :)