Author Topic: New Zelda:skyward sword trailer from GDC  (Read 6043 times)

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
Re: New Zelda:skyward sword trailer from GDC
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2011, 07:26:03 am »
Well, it was a Gamecube game.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2011, 01:29:35 pm »
Twilight Princess is in my opinion, the worst 3D Zelda game by a lot. I mean, I still like it, but it is just one of the most unnecessarily bloated games I have ever played. I also did not like the art, but some of it was not bad.

That said, the 3D Zelda games are some of my favorite games of all time (especially Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker), so I still hold them up in pretty high regards, but it would be best to give another one in the series a go before something as big as TP. Minish Cap is one of my personal favorites because it is so simple and to the point. It is made by Capcom, like the Game Boy Color games before it so if you like those, the previous ones might be worth checking out.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2011, 12:56:44 am »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"
Twilight Princess is in my opinion, the worst 3D Zelda game by a lot. I mean, I still like it, but it is just one of the most unnecessarily bloated games I have ever played.

Worse than Banjo Tooie?

Also, I've only ever played Twilight Princess, where do I go from here?

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2011, 10:41:08 am »
Ocarina of Time or A Link to the Past probably.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2011, 10:42:15 am »
Or maybe just wait for skyward sword to come out :p Ocarina of time is great, but I don't know if you would feel like playing it till the end in this time of day. The game is pretty hardcore, you'll find yourself stuck lots of times. I still recommend it however

Offline Ben

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2011, 02:24:48 pm »
Twilight Princess I thought got worse as it went, not better. I couldn't stand the game. There were things I liked about it but those things became fewer and more far in-between as the game went on, turning into nothing but a dreary dungeon slog.

As for this trailer, too much combat emphasis, nobody cares about it. That said, Motion Plus is a lot of fun and if you haven't tried it yet you shouldn't write it off, it really does add a lot.

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2011, 05:24:46 pm »
Quote from: "MadeManG74"
Worse than Banjo Tooie?

Also, I've only ever played Twilight Princess, where do I go from here?

It is the exact kind of situation as Banjo-Tooie actually. If you liked Twilight Princess, you will adore Ocarina of Time if you can get into it.

Quote from: "CrazyTails"
Ocarina of time is great, but I don't know if you would feel like playing it till the end in this time of day. The game is pretty hardcore, you'll find yourself stuck lots of times. I still recommend it however

There is no proof that Skyward Sword will have better pacing at all.

Ocarina of Time had a few moments that honestly did not make sense (Water temple + Boots = Nightmares), but it is so easy now to find out how to pass those sections that it should not be much of a deal anymore.

It has the best of all worlds I think. The overworld is just the right size (Twilight Princess' one was a whole lot of nothing), the music was always memorable, the controls were exactly what you needed and the level design was pretty phenomenal. My personal favorite in the series is Wind Waker, but I think Ocarina of Time is better in almost every way still. It did not get a massive, massive amount of love and people shouting it is the best game of all time for nothing.

Quote from: "-nSega54-"
Twilight Princess I thought got worse as it went, not better. I couldn't stand the game. There were things I liked about it but those things became fewer and more far in-between as the game went on, turning into nothing but a dreary dungeon slog.

As for this trailer, too much combat emphasis, nobody cares about it. That said, Motion Plus is a lot of fun and if you haven't tried it yet you shouldn't write it off, it really does add a lot.

I cannot agree more on everything you said.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2011, 02:19:39 pm »
The only Zelda game I have ever enjoyed was Wind Waker...
The best Zelda game ever made was... Okami... yeah, I said it.
Made by SEGA

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2011, 03:11:53 pm »
Quote from: "Sharky"
The only Zelda game I have ever enjoyed was Wind Waker...
The best Zelda game ever made was... Okami... yeah, I said it.