Author Topic: Resident evil Remake HD  (Read 18639 times)

Offline RegalSin

• Banned
Re: Resident evil Remake HD
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2014, 08:04:24 am »
It is not a remake. They are just going to resize the resolution of everything and release it on PC. From their any person could do the same thing.

I really wish somebody would do this for the Blade-Runner or StarTreck ( Picardo ), or
MIB ( the comic ), PC games. Tons of great PC games nobody is playing or purchasing.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2014, 09:44:05 am »

The problem with a "survival horror game" is defining a "survival horror game".
When someone trying to explain that "type" of game or categorize any concept, you will soon realize that  it is working in the same way like the "Blast Processing" ads. I can guarantee you that.

Capcom really invented "that genre" whit his first installmente about SWAT teams in a B-moviesque scenario in a mansion with traps and all kind of grotesque stuff and surprises where there is a complot behind the scenes about illegal biological experiments and you soon will find an arsenal to resolve that situation like resolve a problem with a bazooka aimed like a professional.

They may have created it, but EA perfected it with Dead Space. I'm sorry, but Dead Space was leagues above something like RE5 & 6.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2014, 09:49:59 am »
They may have created it, but EA perfected it with Dead Space. I'm sorry, but Dead Space was leagues above something like RE5 & 6.

RE5 and 6 were pretty rubbish and not 'Survival Horror' The real competition for Dead Space would be RE1 through to Code Veronica.

I agree though Dead Space was a fantastic horror game and I really enjoyed it. I haven't played the sequels since I heard nothing but bad things.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2014, 09:54:28 am »

Capcom or any other company will never have the benefit of the doubt, what are you saying? that a company was right and the fans were wrong? that a group of fans will admit their mistake? not in this life my friend  ::) ...

I'm willing to admit that some games don't have much of a market, but it's not fair to say "Well if this game that looks bad, and this third re-release of a game every man and his dog owns already don't sell, then the genre is DEAD!"

Seriously Evil Within has zombies firing machine guns or something, and everyone who is a Survival Horror fan has played Resident Evil already. I'll buy it again probably, but it's hardly a good yardstick for whether the genre can survive or not. It might be a good little sample to see if there's interest, but it can't be a deciding factor.

The problem with a "survival horror game" is defining a "survival horror game".
When someone trying to explain that "type" of game or categorize any concept, you will soon realize that  it is working in the same way like the "Blast Processing" ads. I can guarantee you that.

I think that it's hard to define any genre or sub-genre. There are definite hallmarks of survival horror that are missing from games like Resident Evil 4-6 though. It's also why fans of old Survival Horror mostly liked Dead Space 1 but avoided Dead Space 2 and 3.

As someone pointed out, one of the reasons I'm excited for Alien Isolation is that it looks like it might be a return to real horror gaming. I don't care if it's Alien franchise or not, I'm not that big a fan of the series, but the game sounds like it'll be a lot of fun!

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2014, 10:25:34 am »
RE5 and 6 were pretty rubbish and not 'Survival Horror' The real competition for Dead Space would be RE1 through to Code Veronica.

I agree though Dead Space was a fantastic horror game and I really enjoyed it. I haven't played the sequels since I heard nothing but bad things.

Dead Space 2 was great, regardless of what everyone has said, it's a survival horror game. I remember reading previews about how the game seemed to be more action oriented, but that's not true at all. That's why i've taken what people have said about DS3 with a grain of salt and bought the game. I haven't played it, but i'm planning to really soon. Although, from what i've seen it looks a lot like Lost Planet 3..

I plan to purchase the Evil Within as well. It doesn't look like a true survival horror game, but gets relatively close to what i would expect.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2014, 10:36:08 am »
I think I have Dead Space 2 from a steam sale some time ago, I'll give it a shot eventually. I really did love DS1 though, and thought it was very well done.

I was excited for Evil Within at first, but kept hearing odd things about the game and reading negative impressions from gameplay. I'll wait and see with that one, I'd like to see more of how the game plays. Would be nice if I could play a demo of the game, but that's rarer than hen's teeth now.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2014, 11:47:57 am »
I thought CONDEMNED was a nice spin on the survival horror genre. Its too bad they didn't make a third  one.
ALIEN ISOLATION looks promising. Its a shame its not an original IP that Sega could exploit.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2014, 12:04:16 pm »
^Condemned was fantastic. I really wish they didn't change so much for Condemned 2. It was still fun, but it really lost a lot of what made the first so special in my eyes. Particularly the scrounging for weapons, the gun mechanics and very basic but brutal combat. I didn't really like the abundance of ammo and combos etc in the second game.

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2014, 01:12:52 pm »
I think I have Dead Space 2 from a steam sale some time ago, I'll give it a shot eventually. I really did love DS1 though, and thought it was very well done.

I was excited for Evil Within at first, but kept hearing odd things about the game and reading negative impressions from gameplay. I'll wait and see with that one, I'd like to see more of how the game plays. Would be nice if I could play a demo of the game, but that's rarer than hen's teeth now.

I haven't heard much in terms of gameplay for Evil Within, but from what i've seen it looks pretty good.

I liked Condemned as well, but the 2nd game.. That was a turd, it's no wonder the series was abandoned.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2014, 01:38:11 pm »
^Ehh, Condemned 2 had it's moments (that fucking bear, man), but overall yeah I agree it was a weak entry to the series.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2014, 11:12:25 am »
If you need any further evidence that Capcom is the japanese "EA" here it is. I've been wondering for a while if Capcom had any announcments in the pipeline and I hate to say it, but this looks like a smart decision.

There was a report somewhere that mentioned that RE 5 and RE 6 are still selling. Amazing when you consider that RE 5 is almost 5 years old. They are still making money off games that have been released a long time ago.

I like both RE 5 and even RE 6, it's still a strong brand.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2014, 11:13:45 am »
I'm actually happy with this news, releasing old favourites on PC and onto new consoles (that don't have back compat) is always nice.

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2014, 11:26:32 am »
Yeah, i have no issue with it as well. I just wish they would release a physical copy of the game here in the States. I look forward to running away from Lisa Trevor once again.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2014, 12:15:48 pm »
And that's why Capcom has gotten way with so much as long as they have....if you think buying the same game is a good thing than be my guest...

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2014, 12:24:21 pm »
And that's why Capcom has gotten way with so much as long as they have....if you think buying the same game is a good thing than be my guest...

I think it's worth buying a game again in a few situations, it's not black and white.

I gladly bought Jet Set Radio on Steam because I can play it on my PC and every PC i'll own in the future. I don't always have my Dreamcast hooked up, and at the moment since I moved to a new country, I don't even have any of my consoles, but still have access to my Steam Library.

There's also other things to consider like more convenient controls, graphic enhancements (not applicable for this particular game I'll admit) and various other changes.