Author Topic: Favorite SEGA females (doesn't have to be in any particular order)  (Read 5736 times)

Offline Grounder

• Total Meseta: 0
Some of my favorites in no particular order:

Tyris Flare (and I mean the original, not her re-imagined form from Beast Rider)
Blaze Fielding (preferably her look in SOR2 and 3)
Alys Brangwin
Nei
Shir Gold
Sarah Bryant

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
Re: Favorite SEGA females (doesn't have to be in any particular order)
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 01:32:00 am »
This is an awesome thread grounder. If not only because I have always found that sega has managed to create very unique and apealing female characters, full of personality.

I'd start with my alltime favourite blaze fielding. It's probay weird to call a cartoon animated character hot or sexy. I wouldn't want to put myself among the guys that get turned on by that sorta stuff. I think maybe a better way to describe it is that blaze has got "elements" to her looks that would really apeal to me if they were part of a real woman. She looks cute with the cute eyes and with the look on her face, has beautiful dark colored hair and totally kicks ass. It was a very late 80's early 90's style allthough without all th cheesiness. Blaze is just a very apealing looking female character and as I remember, I always picking her from day one. Even without voice acting or deep characterizations, you could see there was a great amount of charisma that made her attractive. Putting all the these things aside though, she was also simply the most fun for me to play with(... wait that doesn't sound right) therefore I consider her as my favourite.

Another female character i really like is Aika from skies of arcadia. Another prime example of how well sega manages feminine characters. No cliche's which you see in many japanese games. From start she comes off as a silly but also a great partner. The bond between vyse and aika is believable and I reckon evryone would like a cool chick like aika as a friend. There's no forced cliche love stories to ruin that silly character of hers and that stays that way throughout the whole game. Aika's awesome.

Bayonetta. There's alot of reasons why I really like that crazy witch as a character, but to keep it short, she's sexy, flexible, strong and kinda mean but at the same time cariing. I think someone else would be able to describe it bettr. Bayonetta is just simply amazing in the way all those characteristics are portrayed well within the story of the game. Not to be forgetting the fact that she uses her friggin hair to form bigass massive punches, kicks and pounds. Bayonetta is just a crazy character with some of the weirdest attributes ever seen in viseogame history(eat your heart out suda). This all just makes her very apealing.

The last one i will dedicate to Joy from Shenmue. I would love to have picked nozomi, but honestly she was jus plain anoying lol(even ryo probably thought so). Joy is hot and she got guts. Oh and did I mention that she's hot?

As I said. Sega just handles female characters really well and their usually believable and unique characters. I really love that about Sega

« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 10:45:08 am by CrazyTails »

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 02:32:14 am »

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 08:42:20 am »
I'd probably go with Ulala (Space Channel 5), Aika (Skies of Arcadia), and Alicia (Valkyria Chronicles).

All of them strong and interesting characters with lots of personality :).

Offline SEGA_Portuguese

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 11:10:06 am »
GLOS (Gorgeous ladies of SEGA, by Mark-Classic Game Room, Daytona Usa review)

There a lot of heroines i'd like to talk a little:

-Blaze Fielding: because i like a lot the end of the 80s and start of 90s, i love Blaze, because she is the image of that time. Her two outfits, the fact that her lobby is lambada, they way she moves her hair, she is all 80-90s. She is great.

-Pai Chan: Pai is, for me, probably one of the most beatiful VG characters i ever saw. I like her chinese outfits, her fighting style, her motivation (wants to beat her father because of the dead of her mother, etc).

-Sarah: Sarah is badass. Her quotes, her fighting style and i love how Jacky put a lot of effort to bring her back and then she is like, "i am sorry Jacky, i do not want to live with you" XD.

-Vanessa: same thing as Sarah: she is badass. she is kinda like a heroine from a movie, not your typical anime heroine that you usually see in other games. She is very beatiful in VF 5, is just a shame that they changed her skin color.

-Aoi: another great Virtua Fighter girl. I love her accent, her beatiful kimonos, her fighting style and the fact that, seems she is not more interested in Akira, after going out with Brad. This make her more human. As you guys can see, i love Virtua Fighter and i never agree when people say that has no history. The characters and history of VF are fantastic, in my opinion.

-Haruka Sawamura: she is the niece that everyone wanted. I love when i go to play bowling with her, and when i miss, she  starts to laugh XD.

-The girls from Fighting Vipers: i love everything about that game and the girls are no exception. Candy is very beatiful and she is probably the most popular character in the game, i always saw people saying that she is the best. Grace(very beatiful) and Jane are great too.

-Tyris Flare: She is badass, i love her fire magics.

-Pudding and Ulala: i never played SC in my life, but i like their character design.

-The girl from Girls Garden: she is probably the first heroine of SEGA XD. She fights with bears to catch things for her boyfriend, she is fantastic XD .

And  a lot of others. Nobody make heroines as SEGA. Even the lady from Out Run, the one that slaps you if you lose the race, is great XD.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 01:21:19 pm »
This is an awesome thread grounder. If not only because I have always found that sega has managed to create very unique and apealing female characters, full of personality.

I'd start with my alltime favourite blaze fielding. It's probay weird to call a cartoon animated character hot or sexy. I wouldn't want to put myself among the guys that get turned on by that sorta stuff. I think maybe a better way to describe it is that blaze has got "elements" to her looks that would really apeal to me if they were part of a real woman. She looks cute with the cute eyes and with the look on her face, has beautiful dark colored hair and totally kicks ass. It was a very late 80's early 90's style allthough without all th cheesiness. Blaze is just a very apealing looking female character and as I remember, I always picking her from day one. Even without voice acting or deep characterizations, you could see there was a great amount of charisma that made her attractive. Putting all the these things aside though, she was also simply the most fun for me to play with(... wait that doesn't sound right) therefore I consider her as my favourite.

Another female character i really like is Aika from skies of arcadia. Another prime example of how well sega manages feminine characters. No cliche's which you see in many japanese games. From start she comes off as a silly but also a great partner. The bond between vyse and aika is believable and I reckon evryone would like a cool chick like aika as a friend. There's no forced cliche love stories to ruin that silly character of hers and that stays that way throughout the whole game. Aika's awesome.

Bayonetta. There's alot of reasons why I really like that crazy witch as a character, but to keep it short, she's sexy, flexible, strong and kinda mean but at the same time cariing. I think someone else would be able to describe it bettr. Bayonetta is just simply amazing in the way all those characteristics are portrayed well within the story of the game. Not to be forgetting the fact that she uses her friggin hair to form bigass massive punches, kicks and pounds. Bayonetta is just a crazy character with some of the weirdest attributes ever seen in viseogame history(eat your heart out suda). This all just makes her very apealing.

The last one i will dedicate to Joy from Shenmue. I would love to have picked nozomi, but honestly she was jus plain anoying lol(even ryo probably thought so). Joy is hot and she got guts. Oh and did I mention that she's hot?

As I said. Sega just handles female characters really well and their usually believable and unique characters. I really love that about Sega

Did a thread like this back in the old sega nerds days.
But yeah at least with sega's girls characters that's what they are characters and not gratious sexy for the sake of it sexy female. Sega always mange to keep their female leads a bit realistic, sexy but in a femine way and in a way that seems true to the character that they are portraying.

Anyway i've got Hibana of KUNOICHI
Sakura Shinguji of SAKURA TAISEN
Gum of Jet Set Radio
Orta of PDO
Alicia Melchiott of VALKYRIA CHRONICLES
Clarissa of OUTRUN 2
Milan Flare from GA THE DUEL
and Dora from GARODA
Kate Green from HOTD 4

Offline Grounder

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 02:02:35 pm »
I'd probably go with Ulala (Space Channel 5), Aika (Skies of Arcadia), and Alicia (Valkyria Chronicles).

All of them strong and interesting characters with lots of personality :).

I forgot about Ulala!

GLOS (Gorgeous ladies of SEGA, by Mark-Classic Game Room, Daytona Usa review)

Ha ha, I forgot about that line.

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2011, 11:55:38 am »
Some of mine have already been mentioned, like Tyris Flare and Ulala.

I also really love Amy Rose from the Sonic series. I just think she is so funny and love her character design (Modern more so.)

Tao and Chiquitita from the Shining Force series are also among my favorites. I like Tao because of her her ever-useful fire magic and her simple, but neat design.

Chiquitita from Shining Force Neo makes me laugh and do like her healing and buffing spells. "Here goes my super-duper-attack!"

Selvaria from Valkyria Chronicles is also quite excellent. She's powerful, intimidating but also very loyal and I admire that, even if she is on the wrong side.
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline Kori-Maru

• Total Meseta: 9
  • AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2011, 03:17:17 pm »
Sakura Shiguji! Her sword is yours. 8)

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site