Author Topic: Jet set radio Has apparently been doing very well!  (Read 5292 times)

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
Jet set radio Has apparently been doing very well!
« on: September 27, 2012, 06:23:09 am »
http://majornelson.com/2012/09/26/live-activity-for-week-of-september-17/

It sold 2nd best on XBLA, just behind minecraft.

Pretty impressive don't you think?

As a side note, the game has been doing quite well on steam too I think. Not too sure about that though. All I know is that it was in the top 10's of topsellers for a few days, and then the sales kept strong leaving it in the top 20's, but now it's gone though.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 06:35:40 am by CrazyTails »

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
Re: Jet set radio Has apparently been doing very well!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 10:11:36 am »
I'm glad to hear it!  I hope it finds a new audience as well as being enjoyed by the people who played it the first time around.

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 11:03:11 am »
That's not the only SEGA game there, Sonic Generations is number 17th on that last.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 11:53:16 am »
Well lets see if it continues to remain in the top(ten) half of the charts for a month at least but its a good start.

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 04:26:11 pm »
Great news :D.

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 04:03:44 am »
Jet Set Radio all the way on 21st in Steam charts. SEGA's re-release has been doing exceptionally well.

See their digital strategy should have been to re-release HD ports of titles like JSR, Panzer Dragoon etc, then continue the series with $20 - $40 titles. This is a healthier option, the other I am afraid will lead to tears.

Offline segaismysavior

• Total Meseta: 3
  • Martini in one hand, switchblade in the other
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 12:34:16 pm »
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/10/08/september-2012-psn-top-sellers-the-walking-dead-crawls-back-to-the-top/

JSR hit #4 on PSN for the month of September.

Hopefully next year we'll see JSRF arrive to do the same!

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2012, 04:42:35 pm »
JSRF would be awesome, I hope that they can keep this heritage range going after the abysmal efforts from earlier in this generation.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2012, 07:59:55 am »
I'd love to see Orta, JSRF and Gunvalkyrie released as a Smilebit themed Heritage release. Gunvalkyrie may not be an amazing game, but I think it deserves to be played and needs more show. I quite liked the concept and the visuals were very cool.

Offline Kori-Maru

• Total Meseta: 9
  • AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2012, 05:20:06 pm »
Good... Good... everything is going accordingly to plan. I'm hoping that NiGHTS and SA2 does the same.

The next Heritage themed titles I would like see is The House of the Dead 1, 2, & EX along with Sakura Taisen in Japan but I'm not sure which ST game are they going to release if that happens.

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2012, 05:24:01 am »
It would be nice if JSR is in the charts for a while across all the digital store charts...

However, I am unsure whether gamers who are unfamiliar are buying the games due to what I have read across the internet.

Most of the internet seems to be buying the games due to playing them originally with most SEGA fans who have never owned a Dreamcast/Saturn trying the game out for the first time (I plan on getting the Vita version).

If it gets a few younger gamers and even some Nintendo fans (most of who'm have bought non-Nintendo consoles moreso this generation), then that will definitely help!
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline segaismysavior

• Martini in one hand, switchblade in the other
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2012, 11:30:38 am »
I think the iOS and Android versions stand a good chance of selling decently, unless they play like garbage. They are the only versions that let you take photos and use them as graffiti, so I'll def check it out. I can't imagine the WiiU won't get a release as well, and who do I have to bribe to release it on 3DS?

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2012, 09:25:56 am »
On NeoGaf, apparently the XBLA sales is 21,000...it did about 10,000 in two weeks AND was the best selling consistant XBLA title in that month! (the best selling game sold 5000+ every other week but did 80,000 in its first week.)

Damn...I wish I knew what that thread was called now...it had an image of it.
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline upsidedown fuji

• Chillin' with the Blue Rogues.
    • Upsidedown Fuji
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2012, 06:24:58 pm »
I wish that the game's sales would keep the same momentum but it will most likely drop off sharply in the next few weeks if not sooner. Does anyone know what is considered to be successful for a direct download game?

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2012, 06:37:39 pm »
Namesless, you're thinking of this...
http://gamasutra.com/blogs/RyanLangley/20121011/179195/Xbox_Live_Arcade_Sales_Analysis_September_2012.php

I wish that the game's sales would keep the same momentum but it will most likely drop off sharply in the next few weeks if not sooner. Does anyone know what is considered to be successful for a direct download game?

Considering it's a HD release I suppose anything above 200k would be considered "Good" business. But I would imagine SEGA would be in it for the long run, as with many of their catalogue titles.