Author Topic: the disease of re release  (Read 13732 times)

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
Re: the disease of re release
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2012, 12:36:02 pm »
Almost all of the games I still play on my Xbox360 are releases at this point. I love re-releases...  If updated well and improved with new controls, graphics and other bonuses there's nothing wrong with that.

Some of the most fun I've had gaming in recent years was the release of Daytona USA for XBLA, playing online against others was just so much fun.
Made by SEGA

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2012, 12:28:44 pm »
Almost all of the games I still play on my Xbox360 are releases at this point. I love re-releases...  If updated well and improved with new controls, graphics and other bonuses there's nothing wrong with that.

Some of the most fun I've had gaming in recent years was the release of Daytona USA for XBLA, playing online against others was just so much fun.

if that is the reason u like re releases. nd excuse me no disrespecting. but you are being faked with a fake lolliepop. other controls and being hd shouldnt be a reason to get hyped.

ok yeah so let us just say sonic 1 2 3 nd knuckles and 3d and allah that and sonic cd yeah. and all those games come in a re release. but instead it is not only hd. but they gove u freaking 12 zones added and each of them with 3 stages. and ofcourse sprites the same but background more updated. same fysics. what commotion that would be. peope would claim a cd instead of downloading it.

or another re release ecco the dolpin of the dreamcast. with full 3d compatibility. like you are actually really n water. and i m not talking bout topaz 3d. but reald3d. see whats happening

but know its all about hd and other controls.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2012, 01:18:17 pm »
semmie, is it at all possible to type a little more coherently? I know the forums don't have a strict grammar policy like some other forums, but it would help if you spelled out words and used punctuation.

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2012, 04:17:40 pm »
I see no problem with re-releases other than the fact that it's painful to see childhood classics "reviewed" by philistines. 

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2012, 07:09:24 pm »
semmie, is it at all possible to type a little more coherently? I know the forums don't have a strict grammar policy like some other forums, but it would help if you spelled out words and used punctuation.
You're just mad because you got faked by a fake lollipop. Can't you see that Sega should make Shenmue 4 instead of Donic Adventure 2 again?

This whole situation is bard as fuck.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2012, 07:24:59 pm »
Bard as fuck was INTENTIONAL!!

But you make good point with the lollipop...

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2012, 10:17:55 am »
laught about it. think about it.
all we have is being nostalgic. and the future is exciting and also fearsome.
speak after 10 years if these re releases go forth

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2012, 11:13:31 am »
Sorry, were not up to speed with the hip hop talk, yo. ;)
I do agree with your fear but it isn't in the re releases/ports that you should be worried about.

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2012, 01:09:15 pm »
Sorry, were not up to speed with the hip hop talk, yo. ;)
I do agree with your fear but it isn't in the re releases/ports that you should be worried about.

what is it i should worry about rojm

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2012, 03:56:06 am »
We have nothing to fear but fear itself. And Sega making shit games.

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2012, 07:01:15 am »
We have nothing to fear but fear itself. And Sega making shit games.

especially knowing about lumber jack just makes me sad.
take bayonetta for instance. good game and profitable as said on the forum and gamers sites.
they sold out.

sega is being silently greedy. spill money like a freaking miljardair billionair. how come they can not maintain bayonetta 2 while it being profitable.
wait until u hear disturbing stuff such as we can not continue yakuza 7 cause it is profitable but to expensive to make.

oh yeah you know what lets sell re releases and if we have money we will make a game wit 6 parts two of them made by us and then we will sell them out to other developers.

sadly this is the routine within the sega company.

streets of rage remake was so good yet they didnt hire them but sew and block plus forbid them to keep it on sites.
sonic cd on ios the physics rebuild but only hired for that specific sonic cd.

if u ask me.

sega does not recoggnise talent. they only see statistics and money. and because of that they lost skills.

its like when people sing and get famous they dont get better but start to live in a safe circle. but ofcourse we know in reality its not safe. sega should follow my tencommandmends i wrote

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2012, 07:56:55 am »

if u ask me.

sega does not recoggnise talent. they only see statistics and money. and because of that they lost skills.

SEGA is ultimately trying to make money, but I would have to disagree about them not recognizing talent. That excellent Sonic CD re-release from last year was fine-tuned by a talented individual who SEGA wanted to help with the game. I'm sure they saw lots of talent in Platinum Games. SEGA's marketing for those titles wasn't the best but that's another discussion entirely.  I honestly believe that SEGA recognizes more talent and allows for more creative freedom than most publishers.
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2012, 09:29:51 am »
Jack Lumber is a good game! Don't knock games til you've tried them.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2012, 06:02:57 pm »
I like rereleases.

I love playing games on my Dreamcast and Saturn. But between spending 40 bucks on the DC version of SA2 or 8 bucks on the PS3, PS3 all the way.
I don't buy HD releases of games I already own. But games I was looking for already I slurp 'em all up in a jiffy (wow that sounded unnecessarily nasty)
SEG4GES

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2012, 06:55:59 am »
especially knowing about lumber jack just makes me sad.
take bayonetta for instance. good game and profitable as said on the forum and gamers sites.
they sold out.

sega is being silently greedy. spill money like a freaking miljardair billionair. how come they can not maintain bayonetta 2 while it being profitable.
wait until u hear disturbing stuff such as we can not continue yakuza 7 cause it is profitable but to expensive to make.

oh yeah you know what lets sell re releases and if we have money we will make a game wit 6 parts two of them made by us and then we will sell them out to other developers.

sadly this is the routine within the sega company.

streets of rage remake was so good yet they didnt hire them but sew and block plus forbid them to keep it on sites.

if u ask me.

its like when people sing and get famous they dont get better but start to live in a safe circle. but ofcourse we know in reality its not safe. sega should follow my tencommandmends i wrote

Because semmie for the upteenth time, Sega LOST more money then they were bringing in. BAYONETTA happened nearly three years ago now. Their consumer division hasn't been as succesful as a whole since then. The last one they lost too much that they can no longer  sustain the operation as its currently/was in. How can you be greedy when you got no frigging money? Remember when that happened when they were losing money more than they were bringing in and they changed their entire buisnes model? Yes it was called the end of the DreamCast. Now were possibly seeing the end of Sega as a package format company. But rereleases has nothing to do with them being succesful or failing as a company, the DC didn't have that many rereleases, and the rereleases now as was pointed out to you are games spread over two generations of game systems. Now they are going digital and mobile phones. If you'd been around since 2001 then you'd se all that but dont over exaggerate about the rereleases when it is a minor thing and still is.