Author Topic: Hell Yeah! Wrath of the dead rabbit official thread  (Read 6105 times)

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
Hell Yeah! Wrath of the dead rabbit official thread
« on: September 30, 2012, 10:01:55 am »

....Uhh   ::)

So the game seems to be out now. The game will also be out on Steam in a few days and i've just purchased my pre order. I gotta say I wasn't very hyped up for the game and seeing some of the reviews didn't help that a whole lot either. Though I read some very positive impressions about the game which got me interested.

The steam pre order only made that choice more attractive because you get alot of genesis classics as an extra too.

- Comix Zone
- Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
- Kid Chameleon
- Ristar
- Decap Attack
- Flicky
- Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair
- Gunstar Heroes
- Dynamite Headdy 1
- Wonder Boy in Monster World

Anyway before i'll be able to play it in a few days, has anyone played it allready? Otherwise what do you think so far about the game
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 11:08:44 am by CrazyTails »

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
Re: Hell Yeah! Wrath of the dead rabbit official thread
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 03:31:44 pm »
Played it at Eurogamer Expo, solid 8 out of 10 title and reminds me of a strong Sonic vibe, if we can say that. Cannot recommend enough, I've got £20 on PSN, will get this and Tokyo Jungle to sort me out for a while.

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 08:22:40 pm »
Played the demo. First thing that came to my head while playing it was Decap Attack. Same colours used throughout and similar play style.

Fun game, unique style.

Off topic but I wish they would bring Decap Attack back in some way. Very overlooked platformer.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 02:44:29 pm »
 I've played alot of genesis games and defenitly nearly all of the good ones, but funnily enough I missed out on Decap attack for all my life. It's part of the extras list so i'll try it out probably later today.

Anyway talking about the extras. The pre order time will be over in 22 hours till the game comes out, so pick it up while you can.

The great thing about Hell Yeah is that the game can run on an average PC too. Sadly there is no system requirement on the Steam page yet so not sure what the minimal requirement is.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 03:02:54 pm by CrazyTails »

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 06:51:57 pm »
The guys over at SPILL.COM had a 30-minute playthrough and frankly I like what I see here:

http://my.spill.com/profiles/blogs/happy-hour-double-feature-tokyo-jungle

Once I put RE 6 aside I'm definately gonna make a beeline for this one.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 11:54:29 am »
It reminds me of the type of offkilter game Sega of America or at least Sega west sometimes decides to invest in, like REN AND STIMPY, HAPPY TREE FRIENDS and etc etc.

But its intresting that the gameplay style is being compared to DECAP ATTACK because its something i thought of with another game i saw, DEMON TRIBES, that game is definatly a modern version of MAZIN SAGA sans the license.
Kinda new versions/modern takes of older games or slightly inspired by. But of course i'd like to see some new versions of older classics done with the proper respect.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 12:04:48 pm »
So the game is now finally officially released on Steam. I just played it for an hour or 2 and I gotta say, this is one of the most fun 2D games I have played in a looooong time.

The gameplay is varied and fantastic. There is so much to do but I think going oblivious into the game and finding out every aspect was part of the fun for me, so i'm not gonna talk too much about that. The visuals are very crisp and clean on the PC and the Humor is hilarious. Seriously the humor is crazy!! But you guys really gotta see it for yourself because spoiling that part would be spoiling one of the best parts of the game. I will say that there are some SEGA games references among them. Even other games.

Also I really gotta give kudos to the music. For some reason it reminds me alot of platformer music from back in the days, but then with the quality of today.

Ultimatly i'd say that SEGA publishing this game was a right fit. Randroid you were right on the money with your comparison. It plays and feels alot like genesis platformers like decap attack(which I tried out. not bad ^^) but also 90's PC platformers like jazz jackrabbit. Especially the latter to me. It's something you'd expect as an exclusive SEGA console game and I really love it.

The game has gotten some average scores. I can't personally give a score yet before I finish the game but I don't really understand some of the critisism. This game can easily become a franchise imo. I hope that it gets marketed well because the scores are not gonna help it. I'm sure alot of people are gonna disagree with the scores after they play it.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 12:59:57 pm by CrazyTails »

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2012, 11:18:02 am »
Makes one wonder if they should update DECAP ATTACK, as well.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2012, 12:44:37 pm »
^You mean as in reused into a new/HD remade game? I played decap attack a little bit, allthough not far. I think it was probably a great contribution to the genesis back in the days, but playing it for the first time recently I.... well I didn't get that far really but it was allright.

Also here an example of one of the references lol.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

In general the game likes to poke alot of fun.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2012, 05:59:27 pm »
Seems like the game is alot longer than I thought. I'm right now 5 hours in and seeing as I only killed around half of the monsters in the game, I think it's gonna take another 5 hours or so depending on the difficulty. It's allready getting quite difficult. The best part is that the game is still getting better.

I dunno but for some reason I t hink the reviewers that wrote this game off with a 6/7 have only played the first 2 zones (yes they are really called zones). So strange but this to me just seems like one of the best 2d platfmorers i've played. It beats mario for me personally.

I hope to see this game get more attention over here though

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2012, 08:51:44 am »
Seems it isn't quite getting that attention eh?

Been playing it the last few days between Tokyo Jungle, Red Dead Redemption and this. Unfortunately time is also short so I do not get as much playtime as I would like with it but the quality is there and the random set pieces and different enemies are great, though Ash acting like Megaman with spikes is not!

So far so good though! Love the bios on some of these characters. The twin knights one made me chuckle.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2012, 11:07:11 am »
Great to know you're playing it Aki

I just finished it an hour ago and I really had a lot of fun. I think there is alot of room for improvements. Of course the complaints about controls are valid, but nowhere is it a 5 or even a 6 game as some of these reviewers make it out to be. I stand by saying that this could really become a franchise if they continued and improved upon the game's shortcomings/flaws. IGN actually gave it a 4.8....

Anyway I think I may have overly praised the game. Now that I finished the whole thing I think there is alot of potential. Some things in the game just feel a bit unnatural.

Sad to hear it's not doing that well though. Where did you hear/get that from?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 12:33:33 pm by CrazyTails »

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2012, 08:36:55 pm »
Just finished it myself! Had great fun with it. Infact I got it free thanks to PS+ as well as Red Dead Redemption and guess which game I've been playing more? There is a certain charm about this game, certainly feels like an oldschool Mega Drive title and the ending credits gave me a nostalgic feeling, taking me back to Sonic R's credit music (Now why can't more games have a such a happy song to top of the game?)

There are a few issues such as jumping usually cancels out shooting. Though it did not hinder me in my completion, but I can see how some people might be frustrated. All the boss fights were great too, well, except the ones in the ships. Kind of disappointed that after Zone 4 it was just ship battles. Also Zone 7's BG and baddies just seemed to blend in waaaay too much.

Still an awesome game, I am torn in between giving it either a 7 or a 8. But since the chaps at Arkedo are so nice, I shall give it an 8 out of 10.

Sad to hear it's not doing that well though. Where did you hear/get that from?

Steam positions. I think the bad reviews really did kill some of the sales. Thankfully being a free game on PS+ has ensured that SEGA/Arkedo would at least get a lump sum of money for the title, hopefully the DLC sells well enough too so we might see Ash return one day.

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2012, 04:18:09 am »
IGN actually gave it a 4.8....

Jesus.  IGN's review format has also become exceedingly obnoxious.  What in god's name is the difference between a 4.8 and 5?  O

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2012, 07:12:44 pm »
Lol Aki, I actually didn't mind that song at the credits, but in that one colorful green zone(whatever it was called) it made me wanna pull out my hair

But yeah the scores are really killing it sadly. Hope the buyers and playstation plus users can help it a little bit.