Author Topic: Hell Yeah! Wrath of the dead rabbit official thread  (Read 6104 times)

Offline Ben

• Total Meseta: 1
Re: Hell Yeah! Wrath of the dead rabbit official thread
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2012, 11:35:48 pm »
Reviews may have played a role but Hell Yeah didn't do terribly with them...averaging 70 on Metacritic for the 360 (65 on PS3) which is around what JSR got (71) and SA2 was in that ballpark too. (A little lower on 360.)

If the game isn't selling well I think it's more likely that the issue is competition, and that's when I (again) have to take issue with Sega for planning their release dates very poorly. I think Sega fans chose to buy JSR or SA2 instead...which Hell Yeah was kinda awkwardly released between the two. And I wish they hadn't, I wish Sega fans would have went for the original content instead, but oh well. I feel like that's a problem all throughout a Digital model, that people are more interested in digital for nostalgic purposes than for new content.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
Re: Hell Yeah! Wrath of the dead rabbit official thread
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2012, 06:45:03 pm »
Well I hope it does better now that some SEGA DLC has come out.

http://segabits.com/blog/2012/10/24/hell-yeah-dlc-releases-today-adds-shenmue-jet-set-radio-and-more/

I got both the DLC's on steam. I thought that the face and saw skins wouldnt matter much after i've finished the game, but i was like, what the heck, let me support the game and it doesnt cost that much anyway.

So what do I think now after I bought the DLC? I think that the extra missions are great.

The pack includes normal, hard and a "devlish" mode which make a total of like 50 missions. I am kind of surprised how fun these missions are, but it's kind of sad that they only play in a virtual level, making the aesthetic look repetitive. But they are great incentive to revisit the game.

The skins became more useful for me in this mode so I had alot of fun being "vyse", alex kidd and even have the dragon mirror from shenmue as a skin for the saw. Awesome stuff.

I think where it comes down to is, do you feel like revisiting this great game. If so, buy both, if not buy neither.

Of course I recommend buying everything to new buyers.

Here some screens I made.

-BD JOe with Shenmue mirror
-Streets of rage axel hair and monkey ball saw
-Alex kidd with the Shenmue mirror
-Vyse face with the mirror again
-Bonanza bros face and the mirror again