Author Topic: Tommorow, the action will begin again! Sega New Announcement Trailer!  (Read 7318 times)

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
Re: Tommorow, the action will begin again! Sega New Announcement Trailer!
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2012, 09:34:11 am »
AWESOME!

But... 800 Microsoft Points is a little too much for an ancient arcade game, wouldn't you say?

I mean, these games will be sold as is?

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2012, 09:47:20 am »
800 msp each? or 800 msp for three?

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2012, 11:34:28 am »
Yawn, I'd be really impressed if they released games that didn't get a port like DESERT TANK, such a forgotten classic of the Model 2 era and the much later released title TOY FIGHTER would also go down well. :)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2012, 05:11:50 pm »

Each I think.
Not a bad price if they have decent online I think. I might get get a few of them, VF2 and FV for pure nostalgia.

I wonder if we'll get more Saturn classics on the way? I'm so glad Sega has finally sorted out their re-releases after the horrible efforts they botched with Crazy Taxi and the like.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2012, 05:29:31 pm »

Yep, 800 Microsoft Points each.

SEGA is bringing five more titles to Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network in Japan, the first wave of which includes three fighting games. Virtua Fighter 2, Sonic the Fighters, and Fighting Vipers will release in Fall 2012 for $10/800 Microsoft Points each and include online multiplayer.

Kinda steep, if ya ask me.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2012, 07:46:41 pm »
Hmm, that is steep. Well, I'll probably pick up Sonic first given the bonus content and the fact that I've never owned the game. Followed by VF2.

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2012, 08:14:03 am »
Playable Metal Sonic, Eggman/Robotnik and Honey the Cat I think is worth the investment for StF...and I know it's not the most complex of fighting games out of the three, but at least there's something to be had with those three characters being playable.

I hope that Fighting Vipers comes out at 800 points to be honest and that they retain Pepsiman....all they need to do is make achievements for some of the secret characters as well as a few beating the game with them.
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2012, 02:51:46 pm »
Am I the only person who thinks these prices are fair? If the graphics are in glorious (upscaled) HD and these are arcade perfect with Final Showdown levels of netcode, then hell yeah 800 points is a fair price to me.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2012, 06:12:28 pm »
Am I the only person who thinks these prices are fair? If the graphics are in glorious (upscaled) HD and these are arcade perfect with Final Showdown levels of netcode, then hell yeah 800 points is a fair price to me.

I'm on the same boat as you actually Mang.

If the games have online play than the price is more than fair enough I think, plus it is the going rate for most games of this kind, heck Daytona launched for exactly the same price last year.

Offline Radrappy

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2012, 08:38:45 pm »
Virtual On with upscaled visuals and Online gameplay is well worth 8$.

VF2, FV, and VS are all relevant bits of arcade/sega history that might be worth picking up especially if you have fond memories of them. 

Sonic the fighters is regrettably not a very good game at all.  It's visually appealing but really frustrating to play.  More of a historical curiosity than an actual investment in gameplay.  It's the only one that I would say is overpriced.