Author Topic: Super Monkeyball - Vita  (Read 5179 times)

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
Super Monkeyball - Vita
« on: October 19, 2012, 07:54:33 am »
There's a demo up now and my GOD if this isn't a return to form and yet another example of SEGA getting a classic IP back on track .

The game is totally brilliant , looks and plays great and the new mini games (even in the demo) are a Joy. Roll on ;) next week
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
Re: Super Monkeyball - Vita
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 08:10:59 am »
Is this available in Europe? I would demo it myself if that is the case...
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 08:43:14 am »
Yes the demo is on Euro PSN :)
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 08:45:18 am »
Yes the demo is on Euro PSN :)

Thanks for the confirmation! Will download as soon as I can!

I should play more of SMB....I bought it on the Gamecube not too long ago and only beat the Easy Mode.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2012, 12:13:10 am »
I hope the demo is on the US store next week... i really want to play it :(

lol.. if only you were able to sign into your alternate accounts without needing a new memory card :(
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 12:15:35 am by Will »

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2012, 05:20:33 am »
I have been very excited about this game ever since SEGA showed the first trailer, to me it looked like a return to what made Monkey Ball so successful and not SEGA's poor (And highly disasterious, may I add) attempt at making the game for children. Completely damaged the brand in such a way that the series when from million seller in it's first three games to barely anything impressive.

I hope SEGA have learnt from their mistakes, the original Monkey Balls were the best and this return to form is great to hear (though I did expect it) hopefully we might get to more like it in future and less like Monkey Ball 3D or Step and Roll. Shame I don't have a Vita, but this game is one of the reasons I want to pick one up.

Also glad to see SEGA have now recognized pricing games accordingly in this day and age. RRP is £14.99 or so for this title and it helped the title become the number one Vita title. This is a great way of ensuring non-AAA are as successful as possible. Would recommend this move with new IPs, although not as cheap obviously.

I hope the demo is on the US store next week... i really want to play it :(

When did you buy a Vita?

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2012, 10:14:41 am »
I have been very excited about this game ever since SEGA showed the first trailer, to me it looked like a return to what made Monkey Ball so successful and not SEGA's poor (And highly disasterious, may I add) attempt at making the game for children. Completely damaged the brand in such a way that the series when from million seller in it's first three games to barely anything impressive.

I hope SEGA have learnt from their mistakes, the original Monkey Balls were the best and this return to form is great to hear (though I did expect it) hopefully we might get to more like it in future and less like Monkey Ball 3D or Step and Roll. Shame I don't have a Vita, but this game is one of the reasons I want to pick one up.

Also glad to see SEGA have now recognized pricing games accordingly in this day and age. RRP is £14.99 or so for this title and it helped the title become the number one Vita title. This is a great way of ensuring non-AAA are as successful as possible. Would recommend this move with new IPs, although not as cheap obviously.

When did you buy a Vita?

Newegg had a good deal on one, so i picked it up. Really been wanting one and couldn't resist any longer!

Plus with the PS3 design that was leaked ( i bought vita before new PS3 was revealed ) and Sony saying they are going to produce a cheaper version of the Vita, i wasn't going to take any chances XD. I don't want an ugly Vita.

Originally I was going to wait for the AC3 bundle cause I wanted the white Vita, but Newegg had too good of a deal.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 10:22:02 am by Will »

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2012, 12:20:07 pm »
Yes its too bad that no one is going to buy it judging from Sega's lack of marketing on Vita. SHINING ARK is getting more publicity and that's on a platform that's all but dead but not as dead as the vita. ;D

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2012, 07:09:06 pm »
I am now really upset this game is on the vita, and that's saying something. I've seen a demo video of this and it's the only video i found where the music was kind of clear (the music has always been one of the highest points in the first 2) and I am really really impressed by how it looks. The visual style is excellent, also really digging that level design, seenm like it's hardcore again and not gonna be that snoozefest anymore and the music is a back to form.

Oh man I really don't wanna get a vita just for one game. Wish this came out on the HD consoles as well.

Oh here's the video by the way:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaFz7RmItbk[/youtube]
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 07:39:04 pm by CrazyTails »

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2012, 11:29:00 am »
This game comes out today right? hmm...

I wish they would of had a US demo, just cause i would of liked to play it earlier, but I'll just buy it today. Perfect type game to have digitally on the Vita.

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2012, 02:07:03 pm »
Getting this! It's £15 on Amazon UK.

Between this and the mis-price of Pokemon Black/White 2 (someone overstocked, so I got it at £20), I will be happy before Transformed is out!

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2012, 11:44:45 pm »
game is $30 in the US, $10 less then normal for a vita game.

Bought it off PSN today. Having lots of fun. The controls on the game seem to be really sensitive, like more so then I remember them being on the original monkey ball, either that or I'm just really rusty, haven't played monkey ball in so long xD

Either way, it's great fun.

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2012, 04:55:13 pm »
So i started advanced mode..

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2012, 05:32:19 am »
I doubt I'll be able to try Advanced as I suck at these type of games, lol.

Still awaiting my copy.

Oh wow, you got there in 7 seconds! XD