Author Topic: Sonic 25th Anniversary - Offical Topic.  (Read 236236 times)

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
Sonic 25th Anniversary - Offical Topic.
« on: December 29, 2015, 07:31:37 am »

Above: The official '25th Anniversary' logo released today, 29th of DEC 2015

This topic is for all Sonic the Hedgehog 25th Anniversary news and discussion.

The 25th Anniversary Game
What we know is the 25th anniversary game has been in development for quite a while... And that's about it so far. It is heavily rumoured, (and supported by the logo and anniversary figure prototype) that the game will feature Classic Sonic, either along side Modern Sonic or alone. It is fair to assume this game will be a multiplatform title. Nothing else is known about the game so far.

Other Sonic Games in 2016
In 2016 we will also see the release of the latest Mario and Sonic Olympics game for Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo Wii U as well as Sonic Boom: Fire and Ice for Nintendo 3DS.

Sonic Boom: Fire and Ice was pushed into 2016 for quality assurance reasons, let's hope the developers are up to task.

Comic Books
(N/A Coming Soon)

Concerts
-SEGA Symphonic Concert announcement for July 2016.
-Sonic Adventure Music Experience Concert for April 2nd.

Merchandise/Collectibles
-25th anniversary Sonic figure

« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 07:34:10 am by Sharky »
Made by SEGA

Offline Phantasos

• Total Meseta: 4
Re: Sonic 25th Anniversary - Offical Topic.
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 08:18:38 am »
Neat. Haven't really cared about Sonic since Generations but this seems like an optimistic start.

Offline Sharky

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 08:35:08 am »
Neat. Haven't really cared about Sonic since Generations but this seems like an optimistic start.

Me neither really, but for this I am feeling cautiously optimistic... Apart from Racing Transformed, that was incredible.
Made by SEGA

Offline FlareHabanero

• Resident of Puyo Hell
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2015, 08:39:11 am »
I'm not enthusiastic when all we have are Mario & Sonic and Sonic Boom to work off on. The latter we barely know anything about.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2015, 09:08:37 am »
Sharky, where did you find that logo?

Offline Sharky

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2015, 09:14:28 am »
Sharky, where did you find that logo?

It's from the SEGA Japan twitter, posted a few hours ago.

https://twitter.com/sonic20th/status/681773864544673792
Made by SEGA

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2015, 09:15:59 am »
It's from the SEGA Japan twitter, posted a few hours ago.

https://twitter.com/sonic20th/status/681773864544673792

Nice! I notice his eyes are not green. Wonder why some were reporting the logo had classic Sonic with green eyes?

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2015, 09:29:56 am »
On the same boat as Sharky on this. Ignoring Boom as it wasn't by the same team nor aimed at the same demographic, think the Sonic franchise has found fresh life recently. Unleashed wasn't quite there, but they certainly found something, Generations refined it and the general consensus had it down as great and although SLW wasn't for me due to feeling like a bunch of prototype mechanics, It did have some great direction for the titles.

After seeing the Saturn design for Sonic, I really hope they follow that look. That's the best "modern" Sonic I've seen.

Going by the official logo, I'm tempted to say a remake of some sort...
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 09:31:35 am by Tad »

Offline Sharky

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2015, 09:32:19 am »
Nice! I notice his eyes are not green. Wonder why some were reporting the logo had classic Sonic with green eyes?

Who knows, either someone is lying (incredibly likely) or SEGA isn't ready to show that logo off yet. I'm going with lying for now...
Made by SEGA

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2015, 10:23:25 am »
Someone in Japan tweeted something about a logo with green eyes, then someone translated it using Google Translate or something and tweeted that a "source" told him that the logo had classic Sonic with green eyes.

Offline Phantasos

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2015, 11:01:56 am »
Me neither really, but for this I am feeling cautiously optimistic... Apart from Racing Transformed, that was incredible.

Racing Transformed was fucking amazing but it wasn't a sonic game.

They just need to make Generations 2 with different levels and better physics for the classic levels. Badaboom, automatic good game.

Offline Pao

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2015, 12:10:55 pm »
I liked that quote a few months ago:
“SEGA has publicly apologised to the fans as the quality of console games in the Sonic franchise hasn’t been acceptable over recent years. It’s been tough translating that iconic side scrolling 2D experience from the 90s into 3D but Sonic is still huge for us so the new games will be more inspired by how it played in its heyday.”
http://www.sonicstadium.org/2015/10/sega-hints-at-heyday-inspired-sonic-future/

I'm hoping the " new games will be more inspired by how it played in its heyday" line means the next game will be more of a 3D platformer than Generations/Colors.   Both of these games had platforming but it was on a 2D plane most of the time... When it switches to a 3D perspective, you usually just speed up and avoid obstacles.

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2015, 01:34:23 pm »
I liked that quote a few months ago:http://www.sonicstadium.org/2015/10/sega-hints-at-heyday-inspired-sonic-future/

I'm hoping the " new games will be more inspired by how it played in its heyday" line means the next game will be more of a 3D platformer than Generations/Colors.   Both of these games had platforming but it was on a 2D plane most of the time... When it switches to a 3D perspective, you usually just speed up and avoid obstacles.

or.  or it could mean they're finally giving up on 3d gameplay completely.  How would people feel about that?

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2015, 04:30:31 pm »
or.  or it could mean they're finally giving up on 3d gameplay completely.  How would people feel about that?

Horrible for me but I guess a good idea in the long run.

The way I see it is we have 4 or 5 great 2D Sonic games that can stand the test of time and we have 0 3D Sonic games. By which I don't mean to disrespect the recent good ones but they'd never be on a list of best games ever from me.

Offline Sharky

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2015, 04:42:17 pm »
Doubt they'll abandon 3D but I cant imagine how that quote Pao posted means they'll do more 3D stuff sounds like they're saying they'll go back to their roots.
Made by SEGA