Author Topic: Sonic 25th Anniversary - Offical Topic.  (Read 236236 times)

Offline FlareHabanero

• Total Meseta: 4
  • Resident of Puyo Hell
Re: Sonic 25th Anniversary - Offical Topic.
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2015, 06:06:26 pm »
Cool, can you provide a source for the rumour?

http://www.tssznews.com/2015/12/30/source-at-least-2-sonic-team-titles-intended-for-2016/

Take it with a grain of salt since it's purely rumors, and that site has had rumors wrong in the past.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2015, 06:14:27 pm »
http://www.tssznews.com/2015/12/30/source-at-least-2-sonic-team-titles-intended-for-2016/

Take it with a grain of salt since it's purely rumors, and that site has had rumors wrong in the past.

Thanks and don't worry, I've worked on SEGA sites for long enough to take literally everything with a grain of salt. ;p
Made by SEGA

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2015, 06:39:00 pm »
Thanks and don't worry, I've worked on SEGA sites for long enough to take literally everything with a grain of salt. ;p

Okay so, I've read it and while there are some things in there that are deffo true, like SEGA Europe being in charge of the Sonic Lost World port. Most of them are either public knowledge or easily guessed so possibly being used to give credit to the rumour. I'd say none of those things mentioned are far fetched or out of the question... It's pretty likely Sonic Team do have another game in the works whether this source is real or not.

I'm more interested in the other 'rumour' that SEGA Europe are planning to ramp up their Steam ports. I believe this is probably true but it's been hinted at recently.
Made by SEGA

Offline Pao

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2015, 06:57:36 pm »
If that rumor is legit, then the anniversary game had ambitious ideas that PS3/360 couldn't realize, which means it's likely not a 2D Platformer.

Wasn't TSSZ looked down upon by the Sonic community for bad track record with rumors, though? 

Offline FlareHabanero

• Total Meseta: 4
  • Resident of Puyo Hell
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2015, 07:04:55 pm »
Wasn't TSSZ looked down upon by the Sonic community for bad track record with rumors, though?
No idea.

It doesn't mention anything obscure like that one rumor about a Sonic Dimensions game for the Wii U with the multicolored Sonic clones, so there's that.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2015, 07:07:00 pm »
TSSZ under Tristan was garbage. The new guys behind the site are not assholes like Tristan was, but I wouldn't say they are really in the know. They get news tips via email just like any other fan site. Thing is. TSSZ acts on rumors more than most.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2015, 11:24:03 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9acQREOQ5Y&feature=youtu.be

We did a video recap of some of the stuff shown off at the Japanese event 'Sonic Fan Event 2015', including talks on the newly shown off logo.

Watch me not know that silver anniversary = 25 years.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2015, 01:20:51 am »
Say what you will about the man in charge of Sonic, Iizuka, but he sure knows how to keep people never knowing what he's going to do with Sonic next. Most other companies you can predict what's going to happen with their franchises, but not Sonic. That is something I find to enjoy and makes Sonic anniversaries all the more exciting. Iizuka can do some pretty insanes stuff sometimes. Never know what to expect.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 02:00:46 am by Happy Cat »

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2015, 03:33:52 am »
Say what you will about the man in charge of Sonic, Iizuka, but he sure knows how to keep people never knowing what he's going to do with Sonic next. Most other companies you can predict what's going to happen with their franchises, but not Sonic. That is something I find to enjoy and makes Sonic anniversaries all the more exciting. Iizuka can do some pretty insanes stuff sometimes. Never know what to expect.

Thats one way to look at it. Another would be that this man has no idea what hes doing and has been slowly murdering the franchise for years.

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2015, 04:06:41 am »
Probably that.

Offline segafan1984

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2015, 10:01:09 am »
Thats one way to look at it. Another would be that this man has no idea what hes doing and has been slowly murdering the franchise for years.

I disagree. It wasn't until 2010 when he became the head of Sonic Team, and that's when we had games like Sonic 4, Colors, Generations, and Lost World. The series has different people working on them before that, so it's not fair to fully blame him for other people fuck ups.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 11:55:49 am by segafan1984 »

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2015, 10:34:15 am »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he leave after Sonic 06?

Offline segafan1984

« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2015, 11:54:26 am »
I think that was Yuji Naka.

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2015, 12:40:52 pm »
I disagree. It wasn't until 2010 when he became the head of Sonic Team, and that's when we had games like Sonic 4, Colors, Generations, and Lost World. The series has different people working on them before that, so it's not fair to fully blame him for other people fuck ups.

Sorry, but the man who directed Shadow the hedgehog and Journey of Dreams should not be in charge of anything.  His ideas are always way too ambitious and his quality control is always way too loose.  This can been seen as early as Sa2 and Heroes as well.  Plus, anytime he's interviewed he spouts absolute nonsense.  I would argue that it's his prioritizing of cinematics and dynamic camera angles in Sa1 that set the franchise on the terrible path it went on for the next ten years.  He should have always focused on a technically tight, solid gameplay design that could be built upon in future games.  Instead we get sloppy title after sloppy title.  Colors and Gens for all their successes still have sloppy and unrefined gameplay.

I believe he even once said in an interview that he likes to change up the gameplay of Sonic titles so that people never got bored.  If that's true, he's pretty much responsible for all of our current woes.   

EDIT:  found the interview http://www.sonicretro.org/2013/08/sos-2013-takashi-iizuka-interview/

In Colours and Generations, both games blended the forward-view gameplay with the side-view gameplay, often in the same stage.  It was solidified as a play style and really worked quite well.  But if we carried on like this for the next 20 years we wouldn't be providing a new experience to the users, and we wanted to carry on innovating and providing new experiences for players, so we wanted to really challenge ourselves to do something new and be innovative.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 12:57:08 pm by Radrappy »

Offline segafan1984

« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2015, 01:27:36 pm »
Sorry, but the man who directed Shadow the hedgehog and Journey of Dreams should not be in charge of anything.  His ideas are always way too ambitious and his quality control is always way too loose.  This can been seen as early as Sa2 and Heroes as well.  Plus, anytime he's interviewed he spouts absolute nonsense.  I would argue that it's his prioritizing of cinematics and dynamic camera angles in Sa1 that set the franchise on the terrible path it went on for the next ten years.  He should have always focused on a technically tight, solid gameplay design that could be built upon in future games.  Instead we get sloppy title after sloppy title.  Colors and Gens for all their successes still have sloppy and unrefined gameplay.

I believe he even once said in an interview that he likes to change up the gameplay of Sonic titles so that people never got bored.  If that's true, he's pretty much responsible for all of our current woes.   

EDIT:  found the interview http://www.sonicretro.org/2013/08/sos-2013-takashi-iizuka-interview/

Well it's kinda true that fans gets bored when they try to keep things more consistent (even calling Colors and Gens glorified dlc packs for Unleashed). After Colors and Generations, fans wants SEGA to get rid of the boost gameplay and wanted a Sonic game with more platforming. I don't know what they're planning to do next after Lost World.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 01:29:09 pm by segafan1984 »