Author Topic: Reccommend a game, be forced to play a game!  (Read 4263 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Reccommend a game, be forced to play a game!
« on: March 08, 2011, 02:21:07 am »
Okay, so here's an idea I had just the other day while watching a trailer for 'The First Templar'.

It looks like one of those games that are bound to become a 'games that nobody played but me' games, that the few who played it will fondly remember. After this I had this strange urge to jump onto ebay and buy a random PC game that I had never played or heard much about and just try it out for the hell of it. But now I think I have a better idea;

So basically, someone comes in here and requests a suggestion for a game, and whoever gets in first posts a suggestion. The conditions are:

1) The suggestion must be a game that you think the person has never played before.

2) The requestor MUST play the first game reccommended to them, and make a legitimate attempt to 'complete' it unless;
a) They cannot easily obtain the game legally (Too expensive, too rare, wrong region etc)
b) They have already played the game (in which case you can choose to replay it, or ask for another suggestion)

3) Report back and tell us what you thought!

I kind of want to abstain from being first since Yakuza 4 is just around the corner and I know I'll be playing that like mad anyway, but if someone has the urge to play something new and different and unexpected step right up!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Pao

• Total Meseta: 7
Re: Reccommend a game, be forced to play a game!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 04:07:06 am »
Will someone suggest me a good Adventure/Point&Click game on the PC? :P

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 09:07:14 am »
As I have the complete library on my Caanoo, but will never play every title, somebody recommend to me a Genesis or Mega Drive title. Any genre goes!

I can easily boot up the device and play it as early as today!

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 02:07:02 pm »
Cool, i'll be the reccommender!

Pao:

http://www.fullyramblomatic.com/5days/
5 Days a Stranger, it's a really awesome and free adventure game. I played it through a few times actually.

Barrington:

Have you played Capcom's The Punisher?
One of my favourite arcade and mega-drive games growing up, great little scrolling fighter. It also got me into the character of 'The Punisher'.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 02:11:19 pm »
Have not played that one, I'll play it on the way to work tomorrow. Looks great!

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 05:16:05 pm »
Ahh, The First Templar! Me and a friend found out about that a few months back and got pretty excited, but we knew it was going to go down in price fast because no one ever talked about it, so it is on the "Eventually play" list.

Mang: Soul Reaver. I know you own it on Dreamcast now, but find a way to play it! Maybe get it on PSN even!

Pao: Sanitarium. It has aged a bit obviously, but it used to scare the crap out of me.

Barry: Gain Ground on the Xbox 360 Genesis Collection. Very simple game to get into and especially best with someone playing with you. Also try it on a harder difficulty setting after you get the hang of it, because you get to start off with every character. It is kiiiind of like a very basic strategy version of Power Stone, so I think you could get into it.

---

Someone recommend me a console game (handhelds are okay too if it is easy to emulate) that is similar to something like Ecco the Dolphin, Shadow Complex, Wonder Boy, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Super Metroid, Soul Reaver and Tomba (they are all similar games, but do not have their own genre name). It must have tons of exploring (would prefer if it was platforming, but something else is okay) and not be insanely hard, overly confusing or part of any of the series' I just mentioned. Any style or setting as fine, probably.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 07:44:24 pm »
Uranus, isn't that called Metroidvania?

EDIT: my bad, I misread Sanus post.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 05:04:46 am by crackdude »
SEG4GES

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2011, 01:11:52 am »
Snaus, you didn't read the rules! I already reccommended the games for them, so you were too late to make an 'official' suggestion, but they still have some secondary ones (am I being too draconian?)
Also Crackdude, Sanus asked for a game NOT in the series he listed. Even so, I can't really think of anything that fits that mold, and i'll let someone else make a suggestion.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2011, 03:45:46 am »
C'mon Barrington, I would have expected some impressions of Punisher by now!

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2011, 12:10:45 pm »
Yo! Been busy, but I played a good 30 minutes of Punisher. Great game! Reminds me of a 2D Power Stone. I love how I picked up a weapon in one stage, and it carried over to the next stage. Never saw that happen before in a beat 'em up. Cool bosses, guns are great fun and there is red blood. Not some lame green blood or Last Blade 2 milk.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2011, 01:39:17 pm »
^Glad you enjoyed it. Not quite sure how you find it similar to Power Stone though, can you expand on that?

And yes, the blood is red! It wouldn't be The Punisher without violence! Even so, the Mega Drive port was actually scaled down from the Arcade Release which was even more violent (He shoots Scully in the head on the bus, rather than just kicking him out the window for example.)

I'd like to hear what Pao thinks of 5 Days as well, I haven't played that game in a while.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2011, 02:09:53 pm »
I guess a larger variety in weapons (such as guns) and more of a connection between areas. In Power Stone 2, one could pick up a weapon, enter a door and enter the next area with the same weapon. I found this to be a great strategy, as I'd try to get a good weapon just before going to the next area. Everybody else had nothing, while I had a gun or a baseball bat. I found this same strategy workd in Punisher. I'd be just before a boss battle, so I'd grab a knife or something before running to the next area.

Not too much of a connection, but maybe it was that and the Capcom logo. :-/

Oh yeah, and white Nick Fury!

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2011, 12:28:36 am »
Yep, this is before the Ultimate universe ever existed! I get what you mean about the connection now, I would always try to grab a weapon before going into the next area.