Author Topic: Halo Reach has jetpacks  (Read 5825 times)

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
Halo Reach has jetpacks
« on: March 03, 2010, 02:31:47 pm »
[youtube:184y06u9]cdEGdSRe6V4[/youtube:184y06u9]

Not sure how I feel about some of the additions, but the new modes look really interesting. The beta comes out May 3rd, it will be playable for anyone with ODST. I have my copy ready, who should I expect to see in May?

Too bad this is totally for non-gamers, or else we would all be having a blast  :roll:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Waffle

• Banned
Re: Halo Reach has jetpacks
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 04:56:19 pm »
Since it is a prequel and I hate Halo 2 and refuse to play beyond Halo 2 until I beat Halo 2 (HALO 2), I will long easy consider it... maybe.  :P

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 05:17:24 pm »
This game looked really awesome from teh videos and sounds like fun, but den I saw da name 'halo' and i dun like it nemore.

Seriously though, the game looks pretty awesome, graphics still look... oldish for some reason, but the gameplay looks pretty cool. Is that new assassination animations?

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 05:30:04 pm »
Quote from: "MadeManG74"
Is that new assassination animations?

Sneaking is a big feature in the main game apparently, so when you catch someone off guard you have to hold down on the B button for awhile. The animation can be broken if the attacker is shot. I am not sure how it will work otherwise, and knife fighting in Halo sounds like a guide for disaster to me.

Not sure if everyone knew, but it was announced awhile ago that equipment has ammo now and is not just used up instantly. The only new one I know of is the sprinting one, sounds cool to me.

The thing that worries me the most I think is the dodging thing. It might have more to do with Perfect Dark Zero sucking a lot of dick, but the dodging in that game was complete bullshit!

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 05:39:42 pm »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"
Quote from: "MadeManG74"
Is that new assassination animations?

Sneaking is a big feature in the main game apparently, so when you catch someone off guard you have to hold down on the B button for awhile. The animation can be broken if the attacker is shot. I am not sure how it will work otherwise, and knife fighting in Halo sounds like a guide for disaster to me.

Not sure if everyone knew, but it was announced awhile ago that equipment has ammo now and is not just used up instantly. The only new one I know of is the sprinting one, sounds cool to me.

The thing that worries me the most I think is the dodging thing. It might have more to do with Perfect Dark Zero sucking a lot of dick, but the dodging in that game was complete bullshit!

Do you mean the jump to the side thingy? I can see that working if it's done well. Would be cool if it was Max Payne style where you do a shooting dive.

Offline Orta

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 06:54:14 pm »
New irrelevant modes. Everybody will still play team deathmatches no matter what. It happens today in Halo 3 with CTF, VIP, and so on. Nobody really takes advantage of the modes.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2010, 03:18:23 am »
Hmmmm cool. Looks like the same Halo to me.

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2010, 06:29:04 am »
Quote from: "Orta"
New irrelevant modes. Everybody will still play team deathmatches no matter what. It happens today in Halo 3 with CTF, VIP, and so on. Nobody really takes advantage of the modes.

Heh, true, I guess. I am not sure, but I think the beta will not even have basic Slayer, that we will need to play these new modes. I think Headhunter looks interesting, at least!

Quote from: "George"
Hmmmm cool. Looks like the same Halo to me.

That is a good thing.

Offline Dr. SEGA Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2010, 03:43:10 pm »
The running animations actually look better now.