Author Topic: SEGA Networks x Namco Bandai = 'Xuccess Heaven' (Mobile RPG)  (Read 4884 times)

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
SEGA Networks x Namco Bandai = 'Xuccess Heaven' (Mobile RPG)
« on: March 17, 2015, 08:44:24 am »

It'll be a joined project, with SEGA doing most of the development and it'll be multimedia with an anime and such:
Read more about it and see the (non gameplay) trailers here:

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/03/17/anime-creators-team-bandai-namco-sega-new-rpg/
Made by SEGA

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
Re: SEGA Networks x Namco Bandai = 'Xuccess Heaven' (Mobile RPG)
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 09:25:34 am »
For the record this is not the anime project teased from Sega.

That is on the 21st

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 09:37:38 am »
For the record this is not the anime project teased from Sega.

That is on the 21st

Bloody hell with all these announcements and teases from the beginning of the year to now:

- Alien: Isolation 2 most likely being produced
- Denki Bunko Climax Fighting being localised
- Sonic Runners teased in January, released in February
- New Sonic console game more or less confirmed
- Total War: Warhammer teased and Total War: Kingdoms
- This new project
- New anime project for the 21st March
- Tembo the Badass Elephant announced
- StellarGlow announced (Though to be fair that's only cause ImageEpoch is closing down)

It's been a pretty strong start to the year from SEGA, obviously not all of the projects mentioned are being released this year but seems like they've got a good plan ahead.

Very interested to see what other platforms this will come to in future.

Offline Trippled

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 09:50:55 am »
Their is also the new Chaos Dragon game.

SEGA Networks isn't kidding when it comes to smartphones. They said something about having 30 development lines.

I've been looking at the Nagoshi Raw line-up, and there are no smartphone games...more like the ports on Vita and other platforms. I think he still wanting to push gaming-dedicated devices as much as he can.

Offline Sharky

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 10:28:22 am »
I guess don't forget Persona 5! We're counting Atlas games now right?

Although with this one I feel it's just another mobile RPG we wont see that are a dime a dozen.
Made by SEGA

Offline Sharky

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 10:45:57 am »
I'm also wondering if  a new Sega All-Stars game will ever come out, Transformed was wicked but Sumo Digital seems to have moved on.
Made by SEGA

Offline Mariano

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Segarion
    • Funnoticias
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 01:22:00 pm »

Although with this one I feel it's just another mobile RPG we wont see that are a dime a dozen.

And that Neptunia VS SEGA hard girls game :)

Offline inthesky

• Total Meseta: 5
  • Altaha Abilia
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2015, 02:09:10 pm »
Damn, all that investment (going multimedia) right out of the gate? isn't that crazy? I understand Sega appreciates going multimedia, and we just had Sonic Boom, but isn't preferable to develop on one medium and then expand? Or is that option increasingly unattractive
Proud recipient of the second ever Gary Player Award!
I support Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia HD ports!

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2015, 02:17:25 pm »
Damn, all that investment (going multimedia) right out of the gate? isn't that crazy? I understand Sega appreciates going multimedia, and we just had Sonic Boom, but isn't preferable to develop on one medium and then expand? Or is that option increasingly unattractive

Try to get as much mindshare and marketing out the door in one hit.

Besides this is the long term goal of SEGA Sammy, to become a multimedia company, maybe even older than the merger since SEGA attempted it with franchises like Sakura Taisen and GunGrave too.

Offline Trippled

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2015, 02:27:14 pm »
Some Anime fans say, Mobile RPG adaptions are the new Light Novel adaptions.

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2015, 03:24:39 pm »

There is a lot more than Persona 5 if we're counting Atlus. There's also Etrian Mystery Dungeon, Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold, Persona 4: Dancing All Night and Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker at least. And that's not counting the English localizations Atlus is doing like Lost Dimension. Or any indie games that they might be publishing.

Offline inthesky

• Total Meseta: 5
  • Altaha Abilia
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2015, 10:22:08 pm »
Try to get as much mindshare and marketing out the door in one hit.

Besides this is the long term goal of SEGA Sammy, to become a multimedia company, maybe even older than the merger since SEGA attempted it with franchises like Sakura Taisen and GunGrave too.

i understand that there's some logic to it (capcom has done maybe the exact same thing w/ gaist crusher) but i'm surprised sega would go for as risky a move as this. I don't imagine Hero Bank 2 did all that hot or that a lot of people watch Hero Bank Season 2?

though i suppose this is a much safer initiative on some level and all risk isnt being incurred by sega
Proud recipient of the second ever Gary Player Award!
I support Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia HD ports!

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2015, 09:08:00 am »
i understand that there's some logic to it (capcom has done maybe the exact same thing w/ gaist crusher) but i'm surprised sega would go for as risky a move as this. I don't imagine Hero Bank 2 did all that hot or that a lot of people watch Hero Bank Season 2?

though i suppose this is a much safer initiative on some level and all risk isnt being incurred by sega

Yeah Hero Bank 2 was a failure, but I think they're looking at this from the same concept they drew up Chain Chronicle which went on to be a massive money maker for them.

I mean it is risky, but the fact it's starting life as a mobile game and then possibly moving to other formats (Fingers crossed them expanding it into a home console release) means the investment is relatively low. We don't even know how long the anime is going to be either! Might just be OVAs like they did with the original launch of Chain Chronicle.