Author Topic: Most wanted games in 2011  (Read 5896 times)

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
Most wanted games in 2011
« on: December 22, 2010, 10:24:19 pm »
My picks (for now at least):

- Batman: Arkham City (though I wanna complete Arkham Asylum eventually)
- Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (tried the demo, it was cool)
- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
- Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds (planning to pre-order the Collector's Edition)
- Mortal Kombat 2011
- Nintendo 3DS (though I need a job or something to get enough money)
- Okamiden (though it's more of a maybe)
- Pokemon Black Version
- Portal 2

Some of my other wanted games are for 3DS, but I don't know if some of them will be out in 2011 or not.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 09:13:40 am by Chaosmaster8753 »

Offline SOUP

Re: Most wanted games in 2011
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 10:56:10 pm »
@Chaosmaster8753:
Arkham Asylum's definitely worth finishing off.  The challenge maps are pretty fun too once you beat the main game.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Pao

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 01:26:21 am »
[youtube:3vyty8lk]yHIQYqaCSNM[/youtube:3vyty8lk]

...And Shogun 2, I want to get excited for Skyrim, but I don't like the fact that its in Skyrim, since that land is all snow, I hope there will be more variety in environments... The beautiful landscape in Oblivion was one the game's strongest points.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 02:30:11 am »
Hmmm. I can't put these into a specific order, but heres ten games i'm really looking forward to;

Yakuza 4:
I've loved every Yakuza game so far, especially Yakuza 3 which I only played recently. I've heard that Yakuza 4 is the best in the series, and I can't wait for it.
I'm really interesting in seeing how the four different characters will play and what sort of differences there will be between them. I really hope they have even more custom weapons to create and find as well.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds
It's Mahvel baybee, It's Mahvel Baybee! Where's yo' curly moustauche!? FUCK THE KNICKS!
I just wish it had the Punisher. Fingers crossed it'll have Frank West at least!

Mass Effect 3
I really enjoyed the first game, and absolutely loved the second. I'll get this game if only to see how my choices carried over into the third game in the series. Seems like the proverbial is really going to hit the fan in this installment from how it's been built up.

Total War: Shogun 2
My first Total War game was Rome, and since then I've loved every single one (except Napoleon, which looked too similar to Empire in my eyes). I'm really glad this is moving back to melee focused combat rather than the gunpowder based warfare in Empire and Napoleon, I think that this suits the engine and series better. My only annoyance is that I'll need to upgrade my PC to play this beast of a title.

Batman: Arkham City
One of the best games I played in 2010, I cannot wait for more. If they can keep the gameplay and amazing attention to detail from the first game, then it's a sure fire winner for me.

Child of Eden
Mainly because I'm really looking forward to some more 'hardcore' games on Kinect, and this looks like it will be awesome. Made by the guy who directed REZ, it looks like it's going to be trippy and fun as hell (Assuming the kinect can keep up with the fast movements required).

The King of Fighters XIII
I've recently become a pretty big fan of SNK's KOF series, and it's great to see that this game is taking cues from King of Fighters '98 and 2002 rather than the horrible King of FIghters XII (which was honestly just a beta for this game that they released because they needed cash). The roster is looking good, the graphics are AMAZING (best 2D graphics I've ever seen probably) and the gameplay looks like it's going to be KOF at it's best. All it needs now is good netcode and I'll be playing this game for months on end.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution
While I'm almost certain it won't be as good as the first (but then again, what game is?) this looks like it has potential to be an outstanding game. If they can provide even a fraction the freedom of choice and open ended nature of the first game's gameplay, then I'll be stoked. Hopefully it keeps the excellent story and atmosphere as well.

Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown
Okay, so this isn't actually confirmed yet, but I got a hunch we'll hear SOMETHING about this game coming to consoles in 2011. VF is my favourite fighting series since way back when I first played VF2 on Saturn, and this game looks amazing from the arcade footage I've seen. I loved VF5, and this looks like VF5 refined and filtered to make something even greater.

Shadows of the Damned
The game looks cheap and tacky, but it's also being made by Mikami (Resident Evil 1,2 & 4, Vanquish, God Hand) and Suda51 (No More Heroes, Killer7) so it's caught my interest as something that might be really cool and unique.

Runner Up:
Duke Nukem Forever
I know next to nothing about this game, but it gets in just because it's FINALLY COMING. If they can make this balls to the wall non-stop action with a good challenge and some old-school shooting I think I'll love this game. It'll probably be worth buying for the one-liners alone.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2010, 02:28:54 pm »
- Yakuza 4
- LittlebigPlanet 2
- Infamous 2
- Marvel vs. Capcom 3
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution
- Child of Eden
- Portal 2
- Resistance 3

and...

UNCHARTED 3

Offline Ulala5

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2010, 03:38:01 pm »
-Child of Eden
-Batman: Arkham City
-Phantasy Star Online 2
-Okamiden
-Portal 2
-Space Channel 5 part 2 on XBL
[spoiler:tamgsf42]-Gears of War 3[/spoiler:tamgsf42]

I'm waiting for this games but nothing so exciting except Child of Eden and PSO2. I don't think this will be a great year for videogames it will be all for move and kineckt
Go Go Channel 5

[Xbox Gamercards

Offline SOUP

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2010, 04:47:27 pm »
I think it's looking like a pretty promising year:

- Child of Eden
- Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective
- LittleBigPlanet 2
- Hard Corps: Uprising
- Marvel vs. Capcom 3
- Okamiden
- Portal 2
- Ico and Shadow of Colossus Collection
- Last Guardian
- Yakuza 4
- Infamous 2
- Batman: Arkham City
- Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
- Kid Icarus: Uprising
- El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metaron
- Journey
- Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
- Resistance 3

A few that might come out this coming year:
- Valkyria Chronicles III
- Yakuza PSP
- 5th Platinum Games title
- Metal Gear Solid: Rising
- The Last Story

Offline Wilhelm

• Total Meseta: 0
    • http://wilhelmexp.519sucks.ca
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2010, 12:49:18 pm »
I dunno if anyone even knows about this one yet but...
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Working Title)
Eitherway just having a new Elder Scrolls game to play will be awesome.
I dominated the first four. But this isn't expected til Q4 2011, so I got awhile.
[spoiler][size=85]Add me to Friends[/size]![/url][/spoiler]

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2010, 07:58:37 am »
-Phantasy Star Online 2
What more do I have to say... All this game has to do is deliver on what it claims to be in the title and it'll be my game of the year.

-Total War: Shogun 2
A return to the melee combat, a return to one of the best settings, beautiful graphics, depth like no other RTS and a completely new online mode.

-Yakuza 4
A series I've followed and loved right from the start. In fact you could say my love for this game stems from my love of Shenmue and it's pure Sega style.

-Portal 2
Looks amazing, I really can't wait to get stuck into the multiplayer brain fuckkery.

-Creative Assembly’s action game (N/A)
I'm a bit of a CA fan at the best of times but to hear this is the game with the biggest budget that Sega West have ever poured into one game... I froth.
I'm 100% that with the right budget and right time in development CA can own what ever genre is thrown at them.

-Last Guardian
If I'm totally honest I didn't like the baby sitting of Ico and found Shadow of the Colossus baron and boring. But The Last Guardian looks amazing amazing...

-5th Platinum Games title (Bayonetta 2 please?!)
Bayonetta 2, come on guys... Bayonetta is easily the best hack and slash I've ever played. Bayonetta 2 would make my year.

-Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
I've never REALLY played these games... Not following the story anyway. Just bits and pieces at various times. It's high time I got into them.

Now for, GAMES I WOULD WANT, BUT...

-I should mention that I loved Okami, but with out Kamiya Okamiden is just a cheap imitation. Do not want.

-I also loved Rez, but for its gameplay... I'll have to wait and see when it comes to Children of Eden, I don't like kinect, I don't really want Kinect and they seem to have changed the gameplay from the onrail style of Rez... So yeah.

- Valkyria Chronicles III, if I had a PSP... I'd get it. But really until they bring it back to console I can't get super excited. I'm just not into handheld gaming in the slightest.

-Shadows of the Damned... Mikami makes great games... Suda51 makes overrated trash. Shadows of the Damned looks more Suda51 then it does Mikami. PASS.
Made by SEGA

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2010, 03:42:16 pm »
I could give a whole list, but i'm just gonna state 2 that come first into my mind.

Zelda: Skyward sword.
Phantasy star online 2

PSO2 a little bit more but they come pretty close. I friggin love zelda and PSO2, if done the way I sorta expect it to, is gonna be my second MRPG that i'll pour 100/200 hours into.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2010, 05:51:37 pm »
Quote from: "Sharky"
-Total War: Shogun 2
A return to the melee combat, a return to one of the best settings, beautiful graphics, depth like no other RTS and a completely new online mode.

If you get this game on your PC, we definitely need to have some battles online! I just realised we've never played a Total War online yet, this needs to change!

-Shadows of the Damned... Mikami makes great games... Suda51 makes overrated trash. Shadows of the Damned looks more Suda51 then it does Mikami. PASS.

While I actually liked No More Heroes, I have to agree with you on the basis that I couldn't understand the appeal of Killer 7. I hated almost everything except for the visuals in that game.

I do think that Shadow's looked more like Mikami's work than Suda's though, so I guess we'll wait and see.

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2010, 08:24:37 pm »
If PSO 2 is really good, there may not be any need for other games in 2011.

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2011, 07:37:50 pm »
The games I'm looking forward to the most this year are...

-Marvel vs. Capcom 3
-Batman: Arkham City
-The Last Guardian
-The new Tomb Raider

and the Sonic Anniversary title.
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2011, 11:02:54 am »
PSO2
Do I need to give a reason? Even if it's Windows only, I will be getting Windows on my iMac via Boot Camp just to play PSO2. No question.

Sonic Anniversary
I am pumped for this! Assuming this is an HD release, plays similar to Colors and has callbacks to the past 20 years.

Sonic 4 Episode 2
Not on many anticipated lists, but I can't wait for this one. I really hope Tails gets added and that the game locks on with episode 1. Improved physics would be great, both for the game and for the community members who are demanding it. Though even if the physics tweaks are minor, as long as the levels are fun and fresh I'll enjoy it. Oh yeah, and a full on Metal Sonic boss battle would make the game for me. No racing, no super forms. Just fightin'!

Project Draco
One of my most anticipated Kinect titles. Even if it's XBLA only, I think it'll be a lot of fin. Like a mix between the canned NiGHTS sequel "Air NiGHTS" and the Chao gardens.

Child of Eden
Rez 2 with my hands!

Rise of Nightmares
More of a curiosity at the moment, but I'm looking forward to what it might bring.

Rayman Origins
I always welcome more HD 2D platformers! Love the look of this one, and being a prequel means it'll be more in line with the original.

Binary Domain
Like Rise of Nightmares, not too much is known of the game and there is not enough to get hyped about. However, I just want to play a game from the Yakuza devs on the 360!

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2011, 01:27:25 am »
In the last few days I've just realised how much I'm looking forward to Marvel vs Capcom 3. It's at the point where i'm looking forward to this far more than any other game on my list, even Yakuza 4 which I know I will absolutely adore.

I think I figured out why as well, with a game like Yakuza or most others on my list, I know i won't be able to dive into them right away. With something like Yakuza especially, I'll want to wait until the weekend and until I have time to really sit down with a good few hours and get into it.

On the other hand, with MVC3 I can get the game on the way home from work and then be playing it the minute I get home. There is no story, no introductory cinematics, just all action right off the bat. And because of that I'm counting down until the day it comes out because I know i'll be playing it immediatey.

Unfortunately it's still, like, 6 weeks away :(