Author Topic: Platinum Games interested in PC and 3DS platforms  (Read 2966 times)

Offline ezodagrom

• Total Meseta: 3
    • Youtube Channel
Platinum Games interested in PC and 3DS platforms
« on: September 24, 2012, 08:52:47 pm »
Just saw this posted in neogaf, I figured this was worth posting here.

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/9/24/3383184/platinum-games-on-pc-steam-kickstarter-tgs

Quotes from the more important stuff:

Platinum does not currently have any PC games in development, Inaba explained, adding that the decision on which platforms the company's games are released is primarily up to their publishers.

[...]

"Console game development budgets are really big," he said, "so we need publishing partners to create those games. I was thinking — with our own money — about creating a PC title for Steam. It would give us the possibility to become a publisher, which is very attractive to me."

"If you think about the console market in Japan, and compare it to the world, it's not that big," Inaba said. "So I view the PC as an area with huge potential. It would be great if we could do a Kickstarter and gather enough money for a game to be released on Steam."

[...]

"We are very interested in the Nintendo 3DS as a platform," Inaba said. "I view 3DS as a proper, straightforward evolution from a platform that has had huge success. Being able to view stereoscopic 3D with the naked eye is a great innovation, but very straightforward, so I'm very interested in it."

"Currently we have a lot of titles in development, and we can't fund a 3DS game ourselves," he said. "So there's nothing in the works. But I'm very positive on it."
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 08:54:22 pm by ezodagrom »