Author Topic: tri-Ace acquired by Nepro Games (JPN mobile company)  (Read 2734 times)

Offline inthesky

• Total Meseta: 5
  • Altaha Abilia
tri-Ace acquired by Nepro Games (JPN mobile company)
« on: February 20, 2015, 01:20:40 pm »
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-02-20-star-ocean-developer-tri-ace-acquired-by-japanese-mobile-company

tri-Ace's focus will be shifted to mobile development. This is actually not all that new in the sense that tri-Ace has already made mobile titles before. PSNova has also been supported with DLC/game adjustments since its release also, but not sure where that's going now.

That being said, the thought of these super talented people not being able to work on a title with as much power and investment as something like Resonance of Fate is LITERALLY THE WORST and I'm so pissed right now.

=(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
Proud recipient of the second ever Gary Player Award!
I support Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia HD ports!

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
Re: tri-Ace acquired by Nepro Games (JPN mobile company)
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 02:50:11 pm »
The dream is dead.

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 03:33:27 pm »
SEGA should have bought them. :(

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 05:00:29 pm »
Another one bites the dust, what a shame they'll be stuck solely on mobile development. I've got no issues with it but I think being unable to diversify your portfolio will lead to some problems in the future.

SEGA should have bought them. :(

Was actually hoping this was one of the studios SEGA of Japan was looking to buy but looks like they'll only bother if the company comes attached with an IP.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 07:37:09 pm »
Not surprised, especially after the Nova bomb. Should have just took it back to the older anime look and bright colors of the older games instead of trying to be a watered down pay-to-play with less features of PSO2. Or not done it on the Vita at least, maybe the 3DS since they do have PSo2.