Author Topic: You sunk my Battleship Kevin Butler! - The PSN is down topic  (Read 24273 times)

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
Re: You sunk my Battleship Kevin Butler! - The PSN is down topic
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2011, 03:24:57 pm »
To be honest, I feel a bit better that I didn't buy a PS3. *grabs vibranium shield*
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline tarpmortar

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2011, 06:54:22 pm »
Quote from: "Chaosmaster8753"
To be honest, I feel a bit better that I didn't buy a PS3. *grabs vibranium shield*

They all have their flaws, 360's high failure rate, which appears to be resolved, but charging for XBL is BS. Sony's launch price and now this breach.

Then there's Nintendo and the no-games syndrome  :x Desolate wasteland on Wii right now. Poor thing is gonna go out with a whimper instead of a bang, at least it won't be like Cube though where its' last relevant game is released on another system first.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2011, 06:56:47 pm »
Fake name, fake address, fake phone number and an expired credit card *laughs*

Always got to be prepared for the inevitable.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2011, 07:10:17 pm »
Yeah, not so worried about my address being out there. It is public record anyway. What I'm pissed about is the passwords. That is about it. Though I'm now going to have different passwords for everything. Use pre-paid cards for EVERYTHING online.

Made me think, that everything online gets hacked and why should I trust companies with my money. Sony or not.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2011, 03:11:18 am »
This is pretty shocking on SONY part and a huge dent to PSN. It's been all over the news (most of it rather unfairly) The worst part is SONY should have come clean straight away, instead of just trying to hide the news for a week
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline George

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2011, 03:29:00 am »
They suggest they where not hiding it and to be honest. I think what really happen is they found someone on their network, shut down PSN and then got someone to do research. Should they have told everyone they MIGHT have had their information stolen?

Yes.

Did they? Well, no. That would look bad, hacking looks bad. The issue here is we rely on them heavily. I suggest not giving control of your credit card information to any online shop. Use pre-paid cards and only use your CC if you can personally swipe it.

This goes for Xbox too. They can secure it all they want, all systems are breakable. Plus, I had a really bad experience with taking my CC info (when I used it a long ass time ago) off my gamertag. I basically called in, they said it was off and a year later I check when buying a game and its there... :?

Offline tarpmortar

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2011, 03:48:30 am »
Quote from: "George"
They suggest they where not hiding it and to be honest. I think what really happen is they found someone on their network, shut down PSN and then got someone to do research. Should they have told everyone they MIGHT have had their information stolen?

Yes.

Did they? Well, no. That would look bad, hacking looks bad. The issue here is we rely on them heavily. I suggest not giving control of your credit card information to any online shop. Use pre-paid cards and only use your CC if you can personally swipe it.

This goes for Xbox too. They can secure it all they want, all systems are breakable. Plus, I had a really bad experience with taking my CC info (when I used it a long ass time ago) off my gamertag. I basically called in, they said it was off and a year later I check when buying a game and its there... :?

I would say just don't save your CC in your account, Steam gives the option, not sure about consoles. Either way, Visa insures any fraudulent charges on my debit. Kind of annoying as I have boycotted DLC on consoles, but made an exception for Castle Crashers. Still I don't think I saved my card.

Offline George

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2011, 03:56:48 am »
You can, but what if Sony keeps the numbers on their servers? I know they were not compromise. Still. Companies do that. If a company goes down, do you trust visa with your life savings?

Still pre-paid cards are easiest to handle, imo.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2011, 04:04:55 am »

Yes.

Why the need to bring Xbox into it ?, Lets stop the fanboy games.

SONY knew the score and tried to hide for a week and it's really backfired on them. Yes all systems get hacked (even the Pentagon) but SONY lost out big on the PR fron, but not coming clean sooner, never mind allowing  someone to access everyone data and passwords/DOB is a massive fail on SONY part and going to take a while to rebuild any confidence in PSN and this will be set back to all those in the industry wanting to go to a Digital  format for games , be that SONY or MS
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline tarpmortar

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2011, 04:14:28 am »
You can, but what if Sony keeps the numbers on their servers? I know they were not compromise. Still. Companies do that. If a company goes down, do you trust visa with your life savings?

Still pre-paid cards are easiest to handle, imo.

Speaking of which, how do we get on that class action lawsuit? I could use some more money for school, can I join that thing?

Offline George

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2011, 04:39:52 am »
It looks pretty weak from what I saw. I doubt it will make it to court. I don't know how to join, but if it gets going, I think Sony legally has to notify all PSN users about it.

The most we get is 20 dollars. Get some whiskey and take it easy for the weekend.

edit: If this is true, shit will not be good for Sony.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/44131/PSN-Cre ... p-for-sale

Offline tarpmortar

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2011, 04:50:32 am »
It looks pretty weak from what I saw. I doubt it will make it to court. I don't know how to join, but if it gets going, I think Sony legally has to notify all PSN users about it.

The most we get is 20 dollars. Get some whiskey and take it easy for the weekend.

edit: If this is true, shit will not be good for Sony.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/44131/PSN-Cre ... p-for-sale

Whiskey is nasty haas, furthermore, we better get more than $20 if that shit is true.

Offline STORM!

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2011, 09:15:37 am »
Seems that the services will be back May,3 for Japan and they have not lose any saved data from the users.

All my trophies intact!! XD

All my friends intact!! XD

Also, some rewards from Sony to the players!! YEAH!! I want 100 titles from PSN and DLC FREE!!

( - _ - # )

Offline George

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2011, 02:45:24 pm »
Doubt it. I think the easiest thing for them to do is give all users 3 months of plus. IF you have plus they tack 3 more months on.

Offline Autosaver

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2011, 06:18:13 pm »
That doesn't sound like a bad idea. Pretty sure there is some free content on PLUS too so that is nice.