Author Topic: New RGG game? [ PROJECT K ]  (Read 26337 times)

Offline Pao

• Total Meseta: 7
New RGG game? [ PROJECT K ]
« on: March 15, 2010, 11:27:45 pm »
from famitsu.com, rough web translation.
Tokyo in March 2010 Sun 16, March 18, will be released on PlayStation 3 presentation.

Biggusapuraizu in its presentation. Ryu ga Gotoku 』Mr. Toshihiro Nagoshi is general manager of the series, a new project in the series" Project K "he revealed. There will be time for hard and release, and the contents were not disclosed any game, the movie was shown image.

First Video, "as town Tenkaichi Kamuro" start from where the sign of the projected increase. Followed by "a new project like the dragon" was displayed on the screen and Dawn. The stage is known for his series of "town Kamuro" looks to be reaching. And only assume the hero, "one boy who appeared in the town Kamuro" but the situation depicted in the rain walking the town Kamuro. Some are painted in alternating images of city streets and juvenile Kamuro, "the boy knew," "remained committed to the weight of his sins," "The boy does not know yet", "harsh listen soon your destiny "," boys and know "," Yuki that the fate of battle "and that between the images projected on a keyword to worry about. Finally, "begins a new challenge Yakuza" video ends with the word. Ryu ga Gotoku 』Kiryuu Kazuma, the main character and the series is completely different," boy, "focusing on this video. What's a project I done? Can not help without expecting a follow-up.

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1232998_1124.html

So there is a boy, and the main character is Kazuma Kiryu... prequel perhaps? Young Kazuma? I dunno
But really, another Yakuza? seriously?  :|

EDIT: Andriasang picked up the news:

New Yakuza Game in the Works
Sega offers first glimpse at "Project K" a few days prior to Yakuza 4's release.

Yakuza 4 is all set for release this week. Just when you thought we'd be spared for a bit from endless product tie-in announcements, it looks like there's a new Yakuza game in the works.

Famitsu.com reports that a new entry in the series was announced today at a Yakuza 4 press conference in Tokyo. According to the site, the game was referred to as "Project K" and is coming our way from series director Toshihiro Nagoshi.

Sega showed an image move at the event, which Famitsu.com described in detail. The video started off with that familiar Kamiyacho neon entrance sign from past Yakuza games. A young boy, whom the site speculates is the game's main character, is seen walking around the night city in the rain.

In between scenes of Kamiyacho's city life and the boy, the following text flashes on the screen:

The boy knew it
The graveness of the crimes he continued to commit
But the boy still doesn't know
The cruel fate that awaits
Also, the boy knows
That fighting is his destiny
The video ends with: "A new challenge for Ryu ga Gotoku starts" ("Ryu ga Gotoku" is the Japanese name for the Yakuza series).

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/0 ... kuza_game/
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
Re: New RGG game? [ PROJECT K ]
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 12:04:31 am »
We all love Yakuza and all...

But... Please, do something else, at least just for a little while...

Exclusive to Xbox 360  :lol:

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 12:27:25 am »
Only good if its not on 360.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 02:58:07 am »
So Nagoshi-san new game is a Shooter and REZ for the PS3 ? :shock:  :lol: . Maybe it's his new Human Western game .

Or if it is a another Yakuza game, That's a sure way to kill the series , and kill the Team making them . Great another once  brilliant SEGA Team killed by endless updates :(
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 03:16:57 am »
Quote from: "Team Andromeda"
So Nagoshi-san new game is a Shooter and REZ for the PS3 ? :shock:  :lol: . Maybe it's his new Human Western game .

Or if it is a another Yakuza game, That's a sure way to kill the series , and kill the Team making them . Great another once  brilliant SEGA Team killed by endless updates :(
It was shown at a Yakuza press event, it says in the end "A new challenge for Ryu ga Gotoku starts"

I was thinking of Kazuma as a kid, before he was a tough ass.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 03:26:15 am »
Quote from: "George"
Quote from: "Team Andromeda"

It was shown at a Yakuza press event, it says in the end "A new challenge for Ryu ga Gotoku starts"

I was thinking of Kazuma as a kid, before he was a tough ass.

I was having a piss take with REZ . If it is a another Yakuza game , then that's the end of the series , and the Team broken imo
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 04:53:50 am »
Another Yakuza game? Well cool I guess but come on, Goro Majima as the starring role or bust! If not, well, better than the royal shit Sonic Team is going to produce next I suppose :lol:

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 05:55:50 am »
One thing I am wondering exactly is why give this project a codename at all if it's just going to be Yakuza 5? Especially as Yakuza 4 didn't get such a fanfare with the annoucement of it's codename or Yakuza 3.

Since the original Yakuza's codename was Project J, I wonder if this could be an indication of a new spinoff or something? Would seem SEGA to do otherwise, but since it is SEGA after all.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2010, 06:53:20 am »
Quote from: "Aki-at"
One thing I am wondering exactly is why give this project a codename at all if it's just going to be Yakuza 5? Especially as Yakuza 4 didn't get such a fanfare with the annoucement of it's codename or Yakuza 3.

Since the original Yakuza's codename was Project J, I wonder if this could be an indication of a new spinoff or something? Would seem SEGA to do otherwise, but since it is SEGA after all.

I was saying earlier on MSN, I wonder if this will be truly a different game entirely to the previous Yakuza titles? It would make sense to launch a new game under the Yakuza banner, and maybe they are planning to establish Yakuza as an umbrella brand for several types of games, similar to Final Fantasy hosts many wildly different titles.

Offline Pao

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2010, 06:55:59 am »
I'm hoping this one will be different than the previous Yakuza games.
But it will probably be the same game with re-used assets and new characters.

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2010, 07:06:33 am »
Quote from: "MadeManG74"
I was saying earlier on MSN, I wonder if this will be truly a different game entirely to the previous Yakuza titles? It would make sense to launch a new game under the Yakuza banner, and maybe they are planning to establish Yakuza as an umbrella brand for several types of games, similar to Final Fantasy hosts many wildly different titles.

Yeah SEGA have been going on about how they want the Yakuza series to be established as a big seller outside of Japan (One of the recent interviews a SEGA higher up had was basically they want Yakuza to sell outside of Japan) maybe they want to re-establish the series again, new coat of paint but really going at it with audiences outside of Japan.

Of course it could simply be...

Quote from: "Pao"
But it will probably be the same game with re-used assets and new characters.

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2010, 07:47:01 am »

That's not Kazuma at all...

It would be nice if they rearranged Kamarucho to make up another city by now, or expanded on the ones we had previously saw in Yakuza 2 and 3. Either way, want to see more before I add anything else.

Offline Suzuki Yu

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2010, 07:59:32 am »
that was a shock for me .
it's really weird to announce a new entry for the series just before two days from the actual release of RGG4 !!! :!: Really Really Weird

and as Aki-at said RGG1 was under the code name "Project J" so probably this is going to be a fresh start for the series in some ways .
also i don't think that this is the western project Nagoshi was working on . also it's not considered as a new IP .

remember when he was talking in Last Year's TGS saying that they did some real progress in a "number" of Projects , maybe this is one them .

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2010, 08:14:25 am »
Yeah it's pretty strange, Yakuza 3, Yakuza 4 and now another title in the Yakuza series all within a week, bizarre times.

But if you read up on what it says about the "boy" which isn't really a boy but a young man, it sounds nothing like Kazuma and then why showcase the game with artwork instead of showing us the same assets you've been using for two (And presuming this one, a third) games? I realize they want to hype people up, but the way they are going about this is rather odd...

Offline jonboy101

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2010, 12:37:18 pm »
Maybe its Yakuza with the CANVAS engine.  :roll: