Author Topic: Iizuka talks Sonic's 20th anniversary, hints at humans retur  (Read 23310 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: Iizuka talks Sonic's 20th anniversary, hints at humans retur
« Reply #90 on: August 19, 2010, 04:22:32 am »
Quote from: "Sharky"
The Wii is a shit environment for any publisher that ISNT Nintendo... Unless they make something totally shit that I would call a 'non-game' like WiiFit or indeed Daisy Faginas Pilates...

And if it's shit for publishers its shit for developers and if its shit for developers it's shit for gamers... Basically it's shit and it also has shitty controls and graphics.

It may just be my least favourite console.

I agree that the conole seems to be wasteland for publishers now, since the sales are generally pretty piss-weak for anything that tries to be different, but brother, when people tried with the Wii they made some awesome stuff.

I have no regrets about buying the console, if only for MadWorld, No More Heroes, RE4:Wii Edition, Overkill, De Blob and others.

In any event, getting back to professional reviewers, IGN gave God Hand 3/10 so lolololololololol
God Hand was brilliant.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #91 on: August 19, 2010, 05:42:45 am »
Quote from: "Orta"
What you have here is the opinion of someone who thinks NiGHTS into dreams is the best game ever.

Having fun with a game doesn't make it great. Disliking a game doesn't make it bad either. It's a matter of trying to evaluate all the pros and cons in a balanced, non-biased, way. I agree with you on "pro" reviews. That kind of reviews would work if the people writing them knew a thing or two about game design and computer engineering in general. "New games journalism" attempted to fix this by hiding the journalist's ignorance under pretty words and by judging a game comparing it to their personal experiences or trying to make aspects like "a message" or "artsy shit" relevant. It's a LOT better than what most people are doing and I personally like it but they're still journalists. Sadly most of them had a PS2 as first console.

Shit, going offtopic here. *hides*
What I think it's wrong is that they give scores to the games and be biased in a dissuasive way.
Why can't one be biased? If I hate Mario's face, that will influence my experience with Mario games. I hate most Mario games. TO ME they aren't good games cause they don't give me a nice experience.

I think ANY game has potential to be great (ultimately by being so awful it's funny). There are no good and bad games. There are games we enjoy and others we don't. That's what it's all about imo.

EDIT: For example, Mark's Classic Game Room is great because he simply talk about things he likes in the games. It's an honest approach, sometimes biased but whatever..aren't we all?
SEG4GES

Offline Orta

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #92 on: August 19, 2010, 05:59:56 am »
I love crisps. They taste good. Ultimately, they're shit because they are harmful to my health. As I said, liking and disliking is different from good and bad.

Saying Mario games are bad because they're not your cup of tea is just wrong. I mean, you can bash the 2D games all you want (they are press right to win, after all) but Super Mario Galaxy (the first one, mind you) is an impeccable game and an excellent example of how a platformer should be made. I don't like a lot of things Sega makes/made myself (wtf Virtual On) yet I'm able to see quality where quality exists. Of course, and as you said, the experience with the game counts.

If the game is good and the experience is even better then you will have a great game. Unfortunately you can't have great with Journey of Dreams. Except, of course, if you buy the soundtrack and leave the game to rot forgetting it ever existed.  :lol:

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #93 on: August 19, 2010, 06:25:57 am »
Oh ok, I see where you at. I agree.

Me and a friend have a way of telling if a game is something special.
We have two completely different gaming styles, preferences and skills. So we know a game is really good when we both like it.

In fact that wouldn't be such a bad idea for reviews online.
SEG4GES

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #94 on: August 19, 2010, 07:43:39 am »
I don't hate Mario, but I do hate the fact that he is the go-to when it comes to video games being referenced by the media. Like when the local news does a story on gaming, such as a local convention has come to town, and they always feel the need to say things like: "Gamers are lining up to play games like Mario and Pac-Man", and then the co-anchor says a stupid comment like "Boy, I remember when games were simple, like Pong!" and they all laugh.

Of course, this is a testament to how strong the Nintendo advertising machine is, but c'mon, wheres the SEGA love? I will shit my pants the day that I hear Sonic being referenced when the media talks about gaming.