Author Topic: Bayonetta 2 and many more...  (Read 36486 times)

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
Re: Bayonetta 2 and many more...
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2011, 06:22:35 am »
Oh!? Jesus Christ!?!? I have some new rumors... but nothing good here.

Looks like that:

- Bayonetta 2 got cancelled...

- alongside with the new Shining game using Valkyria Chronicles engine.

- Shining Blade could be a new weapon based fighting game developed by AM2;

- Sawada Tsuyoshi, the man behind the new Shining series is leaving Sega, again!

- Shimosato would assume the series then on.

- Nagoshi is also very near to announces that he is leaving Sega to be independet!!!! OMG!!

- Sega will announce the new "RYU GA GOTOKU STUDIO" very soon?

Now, an official note, August,31 is the day Sega will make theirs press event and announce their plans to the media.

WTF happened there so suddenly? Well, at least these are only rumors...

I can't see that happening. Platinum is busy making a new horror action game as well as BAYONETTA spin off so i can't see Sega cancelling a game that broke a million sales. Especially in this timeframe. Sega's been trying to get there DNA project off the ground for a while now and were seeing signs of that happening be it there first party consumer stuff that sega fans are accustomed to or supporting new dev studios for second party titles let alone reviving old ip and licenses like the EVANGLEON arcade project that just got revealed. Nagoshi leaving isn't impossible but him because of Binary Domain is nonsense. That's just anti Sega/Nagoshi talk right there. Sega's been grooming this guy as their next superstar for too long even at the expense of every other talented programmer/designer/producer or idea guy they have at the company so they really won't want to let him go.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2011, 07:33:36 am »
Na storm... I don't believe a word of it.
Those are SOOO 2chan rumours.
Made by SEGA

Offline STORM!

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2011, 08:03:36 am »
  Hmmm... I don't believe on the rumors about Bayonetta 2 getting canceled, too.

But Sawada leaving Sega is getting stronger, since a lot of people are talking about that. It's hard to believe, though, since he was very busy licensing Shining characters, making the new game, etc... it's just weird, but I expect to be true! XDD

I don't know anymore what Shining Blade is supposed to be... whatever it is, I don't care too much, since we already know that Camelot is not involved.

I believe that Nagoshi leaving Sega and Ryu Ga Gotoku STUDIO are pretty true! I see no problem/issues on it too. Nagoshi is not my favorite Sega creator, he was never one of my favorites, I just like the way he produces his games. All of them have great contents and quality.

@ROJM: Bayonetta new title is not a sequel?? o.O; I hope they does something about the story. I hate the story of Bayonetta. It just does not makes sense... Kamiya should make something more serious.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2011, 08:22:37 am »
I just do not see the reason for Nagoshi leaving SEGA all of a sudden, the only logical explaination would be, by having his own studio, he would if he made successful games raise his pay considerably. Outside of that, it makes more logical sense for him to stay at SEGA as he has more or less complete control of the output he has and a considerable budget behind each project he decides to undertake, as Yakuza and Binary Domain has showcased.

Offline STORM!

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2011, 08:36:14 am »
  Of course he is leaving to build his own studio.

These guys are always fighting inside Sega (-_-;  Can not they act just like... a family?

Offline Deefy

• Total Meseta: 6
  • SupporterOfSEGA & F.C.Internazionale
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2011, 08:56:20 am »
Na storm... I don't believe a word of it.
Those are SOOO 2chan rumours.

Yup, the live show at Nico nico douga in which Nagoshi himself will announce something important it's true, I signed up last night at this page:http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv61583312, then don't know what to announce Nagoshi.

But I'm happy with Sawada's departure! HAHAHAHAHA! I HOPE THAT SO HARD!!! XDDDD  Looks like the Valkyria Chronicles team has kicked him out!!! LOLOLOLOL!!! It has to be true! PLEASE!!! ;_;

STORM, I'm completely with you ;)
SEGA STYLE

Offline Pao

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2011, 11:41:13 am »
I can't see that happening. Platinum is busy making a new horror action game as well as BAYONETTA spin off
Is this for certain or you're just speculating?

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2011, 01:07:32 pm »
I would take alll of this with an extreme pinch of salt... maybe just a grain.
Made by SEGA

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2011, 01:16:38 pm »
EVANGLEON arcade project that just got revealed

wtf

Offline Suzuki Yu

• Total Meseta: 4

Offline Suzuki Yu

« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2011, 02:12:33 pm »
about Nagoshi been independent ..

i think it's unlikely at this point for him to leave sega, but since there is a rumor for a new ryu ga gotoku studio .. could it be just an independent studio lead by Nagoshi and owned by SEGA something like kojima production???
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 02:16:00 pm by Suzuki Yu »

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2011, 03:27:02 pm »

Can't we all use a little bit of logic here,people? Look at Sega's situation at the moment. look at the release dates of half the AAA games coming out. Most of them are coming within the two months in order to make a big splash at the same time before the end of financial date in March. Sega also isn't in shape to lose another big name who's behind one of their big franchises, they need him to create more and get to the level where Suzuki and Naka was IE developing IP franchises that succeeds in ALL markets. That's also the reason why the BAYONETTA rumour can't be true because it sold big in both markets. At this moment in time any game selling over a million is a good thing especially in the current financial market. I know most of you lot know this deep down but i wish gamers really follow the financial reports more closely and see what they are actually saying.

Is this for certain or you're just speculating?
I never speculate.

@ROJM: Bayonetta new title is not a sequel?? o.O; I hope they does something about the story. I hate the story of Bayonetta. It just does not makes sense... Kamiya should make something more serious.

Last i heard it was a project that Sega likes to do like they did with BLEACH, SHINING WORLD etc,you kinda confirmed there was more than just the sequel being made with you're initial post. I thought it was Kamiyama san talking pap like developers like to do when a game has been released but since then Sega may be backing BAYONETTA with a bit more this time round since more than one source have said the same thing. And Sega does have a history of doing that with follow ups to successful games. But we have to see if its true or not.

Offline Suzuki Yu

« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2011, 01:02:49 am »
DQX just confirmed to be an MMO game for Wii/Wii U ... and it looks awful already gameplay wise 
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 01:04:42 am by Suzuki Yu »

Offline Sieghardt

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2011, 02:07:06 am »
Yup and sega pulled off a masterful dirty move too. They released a new PSO2 video and screenshots right after it. A low blow but the comparison makes DQX look hilariously bad

Offline Suzuki Yu

« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2011, 02:56:40 am »
^^
what video?