Author Topic: Virtua Fighter 5 FS: Game of the Year, EVERY YEAR  (Read 33758 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Virtua Fighter 5 FS: Game of the Year, EVERY YEAR
« on: January 11, 2012, 06:45:31 pm »
So, with Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown dropping in 'Summer 2012' (latest rumours point to it hitting XBLA/PSN before EVO 2012, meaning sometime in July at least) what features do you guys want to see in the console port?

Personally I would really like to see:

* Items attainable through online play
* Quest Mode returns
* More in depth tutorial mode
* Hugely improved online features (Lobbies, character select in player matches etc)
* Team Battle mode (like in VF2 or in VF3tb on Dreamcast)
* Classic music tracks (esp. VF2 tracks)

EDIT: Edited title to get more interest. (in-joke)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 08:35:48 pm by MadeManG74 »

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
You... Pretty much asked everything I would like to be included in the game ha! The only thing left out is the price point, whatever it is, I hope it does not go past the £12 - £15 price point. Its an upgrade in everywhere from the original Virtua Fighter 5 but I think trying to price it too much would destroy any chance the game (And series in particular) has of recovering lost momentuam.

Also need that Ulala dress, kthxbai.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Glad you changed the topic title. I think Bark and Bean should be costumes, so it looks like Fighters Megamix :3

Naw, but seriously, I want everything on your list. As for price? $15 would be fair, and in line with most download titles. But I would gladly pay $20, if it had the features you listed.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
Glad you changed the topic title. I think Bark and Bean should be costumes, so it looks like Fighters Megamix :3

Naw, but seriously, I want everything on your list. As for price? $15 would be fair, and in line with most download titles. But I would gladly pay $20, if it had the features you listed.

As strange as this sounds, I actually think a Bark and Bean costume would be kinda cool. Basically the more costumes the better, as long as they don't affect character's size/range etc then why not? The costumes are already insanely outlandish and I would much much rather that than having a Create-a-character mode.

Speaking more specifically about costumes, I think Akira needs a full Ryo costume that can be unlocked (Hairstyle, jacket, pants, band-aid), Lau needs a Bai-hu costume and Goh should get a Kazuma Kiryu costume (he's already kinda close in VF5 Vanilla with some of the suit options).

Offline SEGA_Portuguese

• Total Meseta: 5
[furry mode] Can we have Pai-Chan dressed as Panda and cat ears for Sarah ? =^.^=[/furry mode]

Jokes aside, i only wanna SEGA costumes. But lots and lots. lion as Nights. Aoi as Candy. Pai as Miku. lei fei as Alex Kidd. Taka as Robotnik. Kage as Shinobi. wolf as the dude from Altered Beast. Jeffry as Adam from SOR.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
On the topic of costumes, I saw a video the other day that made me think Shun will have potential for a Heath Ledger Joker costume.

In any event, I think it would be cool to have a the game be linked to social media junk too like the arcade edition was.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
Also I certainly hope that this is the rebirth of Virtua Fighter 5, after it doing so poorly on consoles I'm glad SEGA is giving it another chance, here's hoping its a success this time round!

In any event, I think it would be cool to have a the game be linked to social media junk too like the arcade edition was.

Just so the game can have wall updates on your facebook showing how badly I wiped the floor with you? You ready for me?!

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
Aki-at's Facebook Status Update: I just got Burning Hammer'd into paralysis by MadeManG74!

EDIT: Actually, wait: does this mean I need to get this on both Xbox and PS3?

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
Sonic and Tails are an item, so I guess I'd like to see them as playable characters.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
^this is US only, right?

SEG4GES

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
Re: Virtua Fighter 5 FS: If you don't buy this you hate Sega.
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2012, 01:32:01 am »
Online Mode: up to 8 players, spectator mode included. Traditional options for room size, region, as well as to allow playable Dural

Customizable costumes: Because VF5FS is close to the maximum size allowed for DLC games, all items other than the defaults are not included in the game and are sold as DLC. Items will be sold separately and in packs.

Training: Options for throw escapes, evades, rising attacks/speed and struggle from guard breaks.

Replays: You can save offline AND online matches. Frame data, etc. will be included

License Mode: Tons of challenges as you fight the CPU. There's stuff like "all moves can be canceled", "half weight gravity" and "opponent health doubled", etc. Clear a challenge and get a special license.

Button configuration: You can set up the controller at the character select screen, and there's also a "button check" option too so you can check to make sure your buttons are properly configured and working!

Virtua Fighter: Giving hardcore fighting game fans what they want even if they ignore the fuck out of the series. :P

From Reno on SRK, soon to go up on VFDC.

This game is going to be off the chaaaaiiiin.....

Offline segaismysavior

• Total Meseta: 3
  • Martini in one hand, switchblade in the other
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2012, 11:34:41 am »
I don't like having to buy extra costumes, but if it's $15 for the game then I think I'll suck it up and keep adding to it.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2012, 12:29:56 pm »
Also I certainly hope that this is the rebirth of Virtua Fighter 5, after it doing so poorly on consoles I'm glad SEGA is giving it another chance, here's hoping its a success this time round!
Because most VF fans play the arcade versions which is the only one you need to play. Most VF fans don't want a kids game being a bonus or costume or whatever even if it is the company mascot. Most home gamers can't play VF to save their life which is why they go with Tekken and Dead or Alive.

I'm sure it'll do ok for a port but VF is never going to repeat the heights it reached when it was on the Saturn.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2012, 01:09:46 am »
I think even Arcade afficionados would appreciate a home version of the game for training, use in tournaments etc. But yes, it does lack the flash and mainstream appeal of games like Tekken and DOA.