Author Topic: So, these rumors about 2 Exclusive PS4 SEGA games.  (Read 31346 times)

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
Re: So, these rumors about 2 Exclusive PS4 SEGA games.
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2013, 09:40:54 am »
My heart says Valkyria Chronicles 4 but my head says something more safer than that. Perhaps Shinobi? The franchise has been in almost every generation except the Dreamcast, and the last console Shinobi game was on PS2 iirc.
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline jonboy101

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2013, 10:01:57 am »
A solid Shinobi title from OverWorks/WoW would be great. I doubt it though.

Offline Pao

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2013, 10:07:21 am »
Aki's source says its a new IP.
So no Shinobi, Valkriya, or Hatsune Miku.

Offline jonboy101

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2013, 10:24:53 am »
Any thoughts as to a developer? I'm hoping it'll be OverWorks or AM2.

Offline Mengels7

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2013, 11:01:10 pm »
Any thoughts as to a developer? I'm hoping it'll be OverWorks or AM2.

Hahaha oh god that would be nice. I like these AM2 dreams that form around E3 every year. I'll keep my PS4 preorder if there's AM2 landing on it. I have little faith though. Border Break would be nice. It's about freaking time they port the game.

Offline Trippled

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2013, 09:52:03 am »
I think AM2 will forever be focused on the Arcade market...

I bet it will be a new IP from the Sakura Wars/Skies of Arcadia/Valkyria people. Shuntaro Tanaka, who did Interviews for VC1 when it came out...sounded too smart or ambitious to be forever shelved aside for generic Shining sequels.

Offline Radrappy

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2013, 01:12:04 pm »
What rumors are these?  From 4chan or some other source? 

If it's a new IP then there's really nothing to talk about until its revealed. 

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2013, 01:34:35 pm »
What rumors are these?  From 4chan or some other source? 

If it's a new IP then there's really nothing to talk about until its revealed. 

The source comes from neogaf originally, the original poster said the exact same thing about a new game and another YAKUZA game because Sony didn't want the Sonic exclusive. That bit about sonic is what i found dubious because Sonic was never a massive seller on Sony systems anyway and YAKUZA was always going to be a Sony exclusive to begin with. As for the new game well to be honest sega hasn't had a good track record in launching new IP on Sony's PS. So its not like Sega had anything to bargain with for Sony to be intrested unless they said that the YAKUZA titles were going MP for next gen. That and this new IP must be something bloody spectacular for Sony to want it over sonic.

Offline Pao

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2013, 01:45:13 pm »
It's not just NeoGAF.  Aki-At has also reiterated these rumors (He also added that one of them is a New IP, NeoGAF never specified.)

Offline Radrappy

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2013, 01:50:30 pm »
The source comes from neogaf originally, the original poster said the exact same thing about a new game and another YAKUZA game because Sony didn't want the Sonic exclusive. That bit about sonic is what i found dubious because Sonic was never a massive seller on Sony systems anyway and YAKUZA was always going to be a Sony exclusive to begin with. As for the new game well to be honest sega hasn't had a good track record in launching new IP on Sony's PS. So its not like Sega had anything to bargain with for Sony to be intrested unless they said that the YAKUZA titles were going MP for next gen. That and this new IP must be something bloody spectacular for Sony to want it over sonic.

so are the implications that Sega offered sony Sonic exclusivity and they turned it down?  After which they. . .took it to nintendo?  This all sounds a bit odd given that as you said, sega really has nothing to offer Sony.  Valkyria Chronicles was a fantastic game, but just barely moved 1 million units on its own.  It's hard to believe sony would sign on for anything.  And Sega themselves have very little to gain by making Sony exclusives seeing as how the XBOX1 will definitely have an enormous install base as well. 

I'll remain skeptical until I see an announcement. 

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2013, 02:04:40 pm »
That and this new IP must be something bloody spectacular for Sony to want it over sonic.

Perhaps they liked what they saw about the IP and wanted to see if it works for them like Yakuza?

I have faith it will be great, whoever is making it....I am secretly hoping it's AM3 because I haven't see them do many franchises on consoles except from Crazy Taxi? (Virtual On would be amazing but that's an old IP)

Overworks is perfectly fine as I loved Valkyria Chronicles.

If Sony really were given the option to have Sonic, then it's certainly odd not to take it despite Sonic not selling as well on Sony machines (since it's SEGA's biggest hitter), but I guess they want the next "Monster Hunter" hit for their Home Console market (I hope it isn't a MonHun clone personally).

I wonder where Aki-At gets his sources from? Would be interesting to know if he's allowed to tell us, that is.
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2013, 03:32:15 pm »
It's not just NeoGAF.  Aki-At has also reiterated these rumors (He also added that one of them is a New IP, NeoGAF never specified.)

They did. A poster called Verendus mentioned it.

http://67.227.255.239/forum/showthread.php?t=575749&page=7

Verendus also said two Sega IP's are coming to PS4 and that Sony let Sonic go for a new project.

anyway excellent thread amirox
The post dates before aki mentioned it here. unless he mentioned it somewhere else and heard it from someone else. I can believe it if the rumour hadn't mentioned sonic. But we will see.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 03:34:24 pm by ROJM »

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2013, 03:34:49 pm »
Verendus seems to be a Sony insider. He seems to know a lot about Sony from the posts he makes, and was right about multiple things from Sony that got revealed.

Offline Radrappy

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2013, 03:46:07 pm »
Verendus seems to be a Sony insider. He seems to know a lot about Sony from the posts he makes, and was right about multiple things from Sony that got revealed.

WILL!  ARE YOU THE SOURCE?!

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2013, 03:57:53 pm »
I wonder where Aki-At gets his sources from? Would be interesting to know if he's allowed to tell us, that is.

It's my dreams, they're very hallucinogenic.

http://segabits.com/forums/index.php?topic=40.msg46619#msg46619

http://segabits.com/forums/index.php?topic=40.msg55042#msg55042