Author Topic: So, these rumors about 2 Exclusive PS4 SEGA games.  (Read 31350 times)

Offline Pao

• Total Meseta: 7
Re: So, these rumors about 2 Exclusive PS4 SEGA games.
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2013, 04:12:42 pm »
They did. A poster called Verendus mentioned it.

http://67.227.255.239/forum/showthread.php?t=575749&page=7
The post dates before aki mentioned it here. unless he mentioned it somewhere else and heard it from someone else. I can believe it if the rumour hadn't mentioned sonic. But we will see.

New Project =/= New IP.

When someone says New Project, the first thing that comes to mind is a project that has just begun development, not a New IP.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 04:24:48 pm by Pao »

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2013, 05:28:23 am »
New Project =/= New IP.

When someone says New Project, the first thing that comes to mind is a project that has just begun development, not a New IP.

He said new IP as well later on. But to your new project thing, if it was a new project of an known game he would have said so since YAKUZA was mentioned as that is also a new project of an established series. The point is the rumor started there first on both counts.

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2013, 07:57:12 am »
http://gematsu.com/2013/08/sony-working-with-atlus-level-5-rockstar-more-exclusive-playstation-game-content

Sony says they are working with many publishers for exclusive PS content. Which could mean literally anything but SEGA is the list too. never seen SEGA do platform exclusive content (besides taking advantage of silly gimmicks or using avatars/mii's). It's usually either a full exclusive or not exclusive at all. Should be interesting to see how this pans out.

I don't get the feeling it's Vita related either, Sony America never talks about the Vita unless they are talking about indie games. xD
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 07:59:23 am by Will »

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2013, 01:51:09 pm »
I like how Atlus is suddenly as important as Rockstar.

Was it the Catherine game? Persona 4 came out in 08

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2013, 12:57:12 pm »
I hope SEGA considers the Vita for their smaller budget titles really.

Dragon's Crown is a testament that niche games CAN sell well if they provide a good balance.
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2013, 01:43:44 pm »
Dragon's Crown is a testament that niche games CAN sell well if they provide a good balance of tits.
SEG4GES

Offline Trippled

« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2013, 02:48:39 pm »
So appearently according to that Gaffer, Yakuza is not part of this.

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2013, 03:14:51 pm »
So appearently according to that Gaffer, Yakuza is not part of this.

got a link? curious to see. Haven't had time to keep up with neogaf recently(which is probably a good thing to be honest! lol)

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2013, 04:58:39 am »
http://gematsu.com/2013/08/sony-working-with-atlus-level-5-rockstar-more-exclusive-playstation-game-content

Sony says they are working with many publishers for exclusive PS content. Which could mean literally anything but SEGA is the list too. never seen SEGA do platform exclusive content (besides taking advantage of silly gimmicks or using avatars/mii's). It's usually either a full exclusive or not exclusive at all. Should be interesting to see how this pans out.

I don't get the feeling it's Vita related either, Sony America never talks about the Vita unless they are talking about indie games. xD

Well since YAKUZA ISHI is revealed as a sony platform exclusive and PHANTASY STAR NOVA is a vita exclusive i think we can assume that these were the games that aki or whoever was going on about. I can't see sony picking a new Ip over sonic unless it was something that benefited them directly and PS has definatly benefited the PSP in sales

Offline Pao

« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2015, 01:46:26 pm »
Sorry for bumping this topic, but it seems the NeoGAF insider who started this rumor (Verendus) is still insisting the game is in development. 

From what he says, it's an Action/Adventure new IP for PS4.  He also says it's likely that the game will be revealed this year since it's been in the works for quite some time now.

Could it be the TGS announcement?

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2015, 02:01:38 pm »
Sorry for bumping this topic, but it seems the NeoGAF insider who started this rumor (Verendus) is still insisting the game is in development. 

From what he says, it's an Action/Adventure new IP for PS4.  He also says it's likely that the game will be revealed this year since it's been in the works for quite some time now.

Could it be the TGS announcement?
Source to the insider post please!

« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 02:05:19 pm by Sharky »
Made by SEGA

Offline Pao

« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2015, 02:03:50 pm »
Source to the insider post please!
I didn't find his older posts, but these ones are relatively recent:

From December 2014:
Another unnamed IP which is coming to Playstation exclusively from Sega should hopefully be announced next year. It's had teething issues which seems to be making it take longer than I thought, as have most other projects on current gen to be fair from the looks of it, but I'm happy to mention it again because it looks like we might finally get an announcement next year. I'm hoping at least. This one's not a fighting game.
http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=144519589#post144519589

This one a few months ago:
New Sega Action/Adventure IP
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=160858510&postcount=367

Offline Sharky

« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2015, 02:05:43 pm »
Cool thanks, has he ever been proven credible in the past?
Made by SEGA

Offline Sharky

« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2015, 02:08:15 pm »
Double post,
Hes banned from Neogaf? And that second link is only a wishlist of his. I'm not convinced he is credible.
Made by SEGA